• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hmm i always expected it to happen with the stock internals on 0.9bar and my style of driving, really wanted to get it up to 1.2 before i moved on but it didnt quite make it there lol will be interesting to see whats given up

While your here do you have a source for low comp forged pistons? Will be looking to buy in about 3-4 months if the price is what i think it is
Have you contacted JE?

JE pistons bed in fine. Just have to make sure the bores are honed properly, and the ring gaps are correct. I;ve used loads of sets in all manor of Nissan engines.

Ok we'll that's a bit better piece of mind then, there's 2 companies near me that have good reputation but like polly I'd rather have the bores dealt with and then do the rest myself. We'll see how his bedding in gets on (which should be spot on) and ill maybe copy him on every aspect of how he gapped the rings etc.

Ed what type of headgasket do you recommend? And I'm planning for up to 1.5bar so what else should I take into consideration? I say I don't want to go all out but if I'm planning too much boost then ill obviously have to....

Drop me a message if you want to know what ring gaps to use, and you should get the bores diamond honed. As for assembly, its cheaper to DIY but you wont be as good as a good engineers, expect to pay around £600 for a bottom end assembly by someone who knows what they are doing. One of mikes headgaskets will work, but only if the block AND head is machined correctly to a suitable RA finish.

IMHO as much as I admire Polly for DIY, it has caused him nothing but problems.

If you do it right, rings will settle very quickly. Do it wrong and they never will!!

i aint gonna match that mate :p i,m very contented with my 140-150hp, and i really dont yearn for any more :)
and be patient, the idle will probably settle down in a day or 2, my fueling was all over the shop yesterday after the engine fitment, off the scale rich on throttle lift, and off the scale lean on wot ??, and today its all back to normal

Someone still needs to beat my 14.01... Stani was getting close... Thats not been beaten for 5? years!

I don't think we will ever see another MA series engine here from anyone else get close. No harm in opening it to all Micra owners still running Micra engines...

Recieved the conrod im going to experiment with, if theres not much in it ill have the crank machined to suit and im getting custom pistons anyway. Need to get the ex-turbo engine apart and get started! Withinthe next 2 weeks ill hopefully know if they'll work and go from there

The piston isnt being used so im going to see if the gudgeon and micra piston will press on

And heres the forged rod ill be using if all goes well
What piston and rod is that?

Seemed to have held up good, undecided as to get decomp plate or double up like you, spose that's a cheaper option :)
i think the gaskets hold up better on the closed blocks neil, the cast iron and alloy cylinders in the open blocks are free to expand and contract at different rates to the rest of the block, but the closed blocks have far more restraint eh

the toyota rods are about 3mm longer tho aint they stani ? 2mm shorter like armando,s would be better maybe ?
edit 3mm shorter i mean, machine a bit out of the big-end, and teflon buttons stani ?

should be fine then eh :cool: as long as the bigend bolts allow, you could have it opened up that .75mm eh.
and fully floating gudgeon pin with teflon buttons (to save the circlip groove machining hassle)

CPR198220.jpg

Back