• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1987 Be-1 restore project

Good news,

I thought the heaters weren't working, absolutely baltic this morning on the way into work so decided to give it one last go.

Heat........lovely warm heat :)

Quick little update, not been working much with the micra as skyline is raping my wallet. However, I have just picked up 5 (?) of these 15's,
1398622-1.jpg
which I think will make it look a bit more up to date. These will be my winter wheels :)

Will fit them tomorrow if the snow holds off, then I just need to get over the ride height issue. On the look out for k10 lowered suspension at bargain price :)

Yup there RS5's and cost me £180 all in. A few brushes with the curb but nothing serious.
Cheers Sed, but I'm after cheap, cheap like a $2 hooker! I will come back to these next month if I can't find any, thanks. :)

Ok, after one freezing morning and the ######ation of finding two flats on the rims....here we are. As you can see loads of arch to fill so lowering will need to come soon. But I like the look, not overly garish which I was hoping to avoid.
Photo1250.jpg

Photo1251.jpg

Photo1252.jpg

Photo1254.jpg

I didn't notice that skyline parked behind, looks sweet.

Do you mean the turbo is too small or the engine bay is too small.

However, power is nothing without control, and I'm worried that too much torque/WHP will ruin the car, so want to find that happy medium. :D

Seems some smart cookie on the Island has been busy, pretty much what I want from the car, ish, but I was hoping for more .........aggresive track presence:
Superbe-1.jpg

superbe-2.jpg

superbe-3.jpg

I know these engines are not cheap though, and not as readily available as the SR20DE's. Is it me or is that thing Toight like a tiger in the bay?

just thinking it does look very crammed in compared with mine... that would be really really cool if you could do that though, have an ask around with some of the ST guys on here im sure they could hook you up (Y)

sorry, just my opinion is new "flash" wheels dont suite old "classic" cars.

no offence intended and at the end of the day its your call if you like them then go for it. i would.

I say save money and keep those wheels, no-one will see the wheels when you fire past them at 10000mph. I think the wheels do suit as the car looks more like a K11 than a K10.

IMO....both types of wheels (RIMS) are corker!!!!

std ones or alloys depending on your favorite attitude/statement...

but in either case I would insist on the best tyres that this feeble earth has to offer.....

If it were me in your shoes...I would be keeping the stock rims and fitting some BEASTLY high quallity ....(and probably low profile) tyres....and if availabillity is rubbish......then I would be looking for a "looks similar but is a different size" set of rims to paint colour matched so that you can chose popular ROAD-RULLING tyres

squiffy sammo

Ha HA, sanded down the originals yesterday and respraying once I match the colour. Always going to keep them so I can go to "classic" shows, new ones are for Japshows :D

I thought the auto's were 1.2? (my previous micra was an auto 1.2) and other than the bore / stroke, the 1.0 and 1.2 are the exact same engine.

This is a Be-1, It is different from a Micra 1.0/1.2. Had a Nissan mechanic look at it and although the engine is recognisable, the cat and wiring is different.

my 930cc super turbo had an auto box and the engine is very similar to the K10, wiring is not obviously. Any updates on this?
:)

About to fork out for lowering springs. Was quoted by local garage £150 to change them. One phone call later and £40. Thank you very much.

Anyway, looking at the Boge springs and they have a drop of 30mm, the Lesjofors ones on buyparts are 35mm.

My questions are, will the 5mm be worth the extra cash?
Will 30mm drop be enough to make the arch clearance seem smaller.

Photo1251.jpg

I found 30mm made it look like most standard cars on the K11, which had similar clearance to yours. Standard looks rubbish. Save your money, you won't notice 5mm

Back