whats happened to my thread

superls

K10 Tuner
where the hell has my joke thread gone too???

somebody please tell me, im starting to think im going crazy not being able to find it.

lol, maybe somebody posted a real filthy joke so the mods decided it were a car crash waiting to happen and removed it...Just a guess like.

Shame though as it were funny!(Y)

yeah no doubt it was removed because this is a "family forum"
don't remember the last time i saw a 10 year old driver on here though lol

#### if its been deleted its stupid, theres a whole world of internet beyond this website with a hell of alot worse things for 'family' people to see. Unless racist jokes were put up....,

so much for letting the thread starter know, and not removing just the offending post. thanks alot 'mods'

just another thing on the list in the series of things that are making membership renewal seem unlikely, but oh well.

Im a bit peeved also as to the fact I must have written 20+ posts and started a couple of threads and by my name it says iv done sod all (Zero posts)!grr

Is this something to do with me not becoming a real member yet? I kinda find that a bit annoying cause member or not it looks like I just joined the forum today and everytime i reply to somebody in a thread theyre gonna think its my first post and i only just joined which could, sometimes make me look a bit wierd depending on what im responding to and how I respond!:doh:

Im a bit peeved also as to the fact I must have written 20+ posts and started a couple of threads and by my name it says iv done sod all (Zero posts)!grr

Is this something to do with me not becoming a real member yet? I kinda find that a bit annoying cause member or not it looks like I just joined the forum today and everytime i reply to somebody in a thread theyre gonna think its my first post and i only just joined which could, sometimes make me look a bit wierd depending on what im responding to and how I respond!:doh:

Its normal for everyones post to not move.

your post count only applies for technical posts i believe L33, and if you complain on here lately the thread just get locked :suspect:

There did used to be a note at the top of this thread that it should be about cars and car stuff, just not nessasarily micras. I think some vigorous moderating is a good thing.
Unless its a thread I started that gets deleted of course :p

There did used to be a note at the top of this thread that it should be about cars and car stuff, just not nessasarily micras. I think some vigorous moderating is a good thing.
Unless its a thread I started that gets deleted of course :p
That's not bias at all... lol
Life goes on eh? at least that can't moderate my driving habits, we have the police for that :p

seriously guys chill out.

All forums have rules and a moderating team is in place on all forums to ensure the rules are adhered too, if you don't agree unfortunately this will mean you time on the forums will be more difficult and give us something to do. Irrespective of what people think we don't want to give people points and bans because we feel like it, would like nothing more than having to do nothing than read and post.

There are forums out there with less rules and on the flip side there are forums that are stricter still.

Mike

no posts but one thanks----still

just another thing on the list in the series of things that are making membership renewal seem unlikely, but oh well.
I definitely wont be renewing my membership after so many bad experiences with mods.
Well, I suppose everyone needs to have some kinda control over something in their live, if its the forum for mods then leave it to them :unclesam:

EDIT: @ superls. this thread will probably get deleted also after my post. sorry

to be fair whilst yes i agree that the site has gone downhill over the last month or so, the mods and the admin team can't really be blamed. As far as deleting threads eaither the starter should be told or the offending post should get deleted....

Also rather than slagging off whats wrong with the site why don't people get a little more constructive and let the team know what they think needs to change, cause it's members that pay for it so i'm pretty sure our input would be listened to

I definitely wont be renewing my membership after so many bad experiences with mods.
Well, I suppose everyone needs to have some kinda control over something in their live, if its the forum for mods then leave it to them :unclesam:

EDIT: @ superls. this thread will probably get deleted also after my post. sorry

i doubt it, it has been told that they know whats the best for the forum.

mckenziecz, i will quite happily ban you for life if you carry on like this. I am more than happy to talk about this with you privately but ultimately you owe all the moderators a apology for what you have written.

To all, we are here to do a job and that is it. In all aspects of life there are rules, if you don't follow them you can lose your job, get arrested, get evicted, etc so why complain about rules on here.

Mike

I think there isnt really a problem. Ok I agree that the offending post should only have been deleted and the thread left in place.

You have to remember that the moderators/admin have lives of their own and are doing there job on here out of there own free will. Rules are rules. Its not like our opinions are just overlooked. We asked James for a decent chat function and we got it almost instantly. Also the problems with the site and provider, we cant expect James to forget everything and focus on just doing that. He has a life and job of his own to get on with.

Just out of curiosity, how many admins/mods are there, who are they and how many of them are actually fairly active...?

I think there isnt really a problem. Ok I agree that the offending post should only have been deleted and the thread left in place.

You have to remember that the moderators/admin have lives of their own and are doing there job on here out of there own free will. Rules are rules. Its not like our opinions are just overlooked. We asked James for a decent chat function and we got it almost instantly. Also the problems with the site and provider, we cant expect James to forget everything and focus on just doing that. He has a life and job of his own to get on with.

Just out of curiosity, how many admins/mods are there, who are they and how many of them are actually fairly active...?

The list of mods/admin are Kev, Ed, James, Alan, Hugh, Wilsonian and myself, out of all of us only 1 or 2 maybe active at anyone time. We all have busy and demanding jobs or businesses to run and only do this to help out.

The problem with such threads and i've seen it many a time on here is that you get one risky joke, you delete it, another one pops up, you delete that and its cycles until you get fed up and delete the thread.

The list of mods/admin are Kev, Ed, James, Alan, Hugh, Wilsonian and myself, out of all of us only 1 or 2 maybe active at anyone time. We all have busy and demanding jobs or businesses to run and only do this to help out.

The problem with such threads and i've seen it many a time on here is that you get one risky joke, you delete it, another one pops up, you delete that and its cycles until you get fed up and delete the thread.

Well your doing a good job in my opinion. If you ever want some help id be willing! I sit about on this most of the day anyway with not much else to do lol

mckenziecz, i will quite happily ban you for life if you carry on like this.
exactly what im talking about, all you lot do is to say im gonna bad this, delete and lock this, no space for discussion what so ever.
I do remember trying to have conversation with you, but again I was told to be troublesome and that was it. You just dont seem to get that this is not your forum, but the peoples on here and their posts.
Im just not afraid to say what everyone thinks.
If it makes you any happier then ban me. I dont feel like I should apologize

oooft goodbye mckenziecz.

But we do pay memebership here which funds this site therefore we should be able to get a say without getting kicked out.

exactly what im talking about, all you lot do is to say im gonna bad this, delete and lock this, no space for discussion what so ever.
I do remember trying to have conversation with you, but again I was told to be troublesome and that was it. You just dont seem to get that this is not your forum, but the peoples on here and their posts.
Im just not afraid to say what everyone thinks.
If it makes you any happier then ban me. I dont feel like I should apologize

Personally i am going to leave this thread to show people that you have a problem with authority and an attitude problem, if another mod decides to scrap it then so be it. If you quote one part of a post so it is out of context it is quite easy to make it sound different to what it is, however im not going to reiterate what I wrote so re-read it and do what you see fit. I do have one question though, if you insulted your boss or insinuated something like you have done here would you not be disciplined in some way?

Im not banning you, if one of the other mods does they will let you know why.

I don't believe that the forums is mine, that would be stupid and some serious delusions of grandeur. The forum is for the people that follow the rules they signed up too, if people don't want to follow the rules, be troublesome, annoying or troll like they will be shown the door.

is troll behaviour being rude??? i havent really a clue,,,,,,,as long as your here being genuine like as if we are all talking face to face their shouldnt be issue's,,,,and as far as most can see theyr arent any
mckenziecz voice'd his opinion,,as long as its reasonably mannerd no probs as it is a "family site"
personaly i think everyone here is good news and prove it with their input of modification little tips and regular domo's of GRINDER USE
ps,,,,, sometimes things are sapposed to get locked down deleted move regrooved and wot not too,, so no one should take it personal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i know i cant spell to

OH NO! i hope any of the jokes i posted werent the cause of this?!? i do remember checking to makesure they weren't x rated before posting them though :laugh: i could have posted alot worse :glare: hmmmmmm sorry guys if it was any my jokes, my bad :down:

Personally i am going to leave this thread to show people that you have a problem with authority and an attitude problem, if another mod decides to scrap it then so be it. If you quote one part of a post so it is out of context it is quite easy to make it sound different to what it is, however im not going to reiterate what I wrote so re-read it and do what you see fit. I do have one question though, if you insulted your boss or insinuated something like you have done here would you not be disciplined in some way?

Im not banning you, if one of the other mods does they will let you know why.

I don't believe that the forums is mine, that would be stupid and some serious delusions of grandeur. The forum is for the people that follow the rules they signed up too, if people don't want to follow the rules, be troublesome, annoying or troll like they will be shown the door.

mckenziecz, i will quite happily ban you for life if you carry on like this means to me that you will quite happily ban you for life if I carry on like this, so not really out of context here.

The only reason why you leaving it here is because I said you wouldn't.
I dont have an authority problem. I have problem when people are being treated differently and unfair. I got a lot of respect for people who deserve it.
Thats all I have to say really. Not gonna waste anyones time with things that has been said before.

Maybe there could be a more democratic system? where forum users stand for moderator and are voted in by the other forum members? that way you could be more sure that the moderators views reflected those of the general forum members...
Well, at least thats the idea behind democracy anyway haha.
just a thought.

To be fair, you guys should perhaps re-read the forum rules. By signing up for membership here you ALL agree to abide by the systems in place here.

End of the day the MSC is one of the friendliest forums around and difficulties are only seen when people go off track and decide to argue about it. It's in the rules and mods are only enforcing those rules. Same rules when you get a £50 fine for stopping in an unloading bay illegally.......there's a sign there, it's the law but annoying none the less when you get caught. Simple solution, don't do it.

I realise I perhaps speak for myself entirely here but I find the fact that the MSC remains clean nothing but a good thing and stands us out against other online forums. I personally don't wish to see threads filled with bad language, flaming, tasteless jokes etc.

Perhaps it's better to help the mods, rather than moan openly about it for the rest of the forum to see, I think it just makes those individuals involved look bad and generally lowers the tone of the club.

Mods, I realise this is a sensitive thread, so if you with to moderate please feel free ~:O)

the only problem i have is when there is a thread out of line or order noone gets notified about it's closure and if it is a discussion then the mod will have the last word/post and close the thread. that is rude/annoying behaviour in my eyes.
Still i find myself on here less and less these days. :(

the only problem i have is when there is a thread out of line or order noone gets notified about it's closure and if it is a discussion then the mod will have the last word/post and close the thread. that is rude/annoying behaviour in my eyes.
Still i find myself on here less and less these days. :(

well said fella

my main gripe is that the club spends too much on JAE (which mainly only seems to benefit the london centric few) yet we go for the cheapest/crapist servers, and if we,re not paying james ? then he,s not gonna bust a gut to fix the problems when they occur eh fwn

Im interested in becoming a paid member, but what confuses me is where does that money go? im an it director and part of my job is developing websites and i cant see this site having high maintenance or cost. im not "kicking off" i would just like to know were my money is going before i become a member as many other clubs dont have a joining fee.

Btw i think the club is great and even though i dont post all the time you can bet im trolling through blogs i can pretty much re write modded micras and franks blogs word for word just from memory!

my main gripe is that the club spends too much on JAE (which mainly only seems to benefit the london centric few) yet we go for the cheapest/crapist servers, and if we,re not paying james ? then he,s not gonna bust a gut to fix the problems when they occur eh fwn

@ Frank. Are we going for the cheapest servers or is that an assumption?

If you think MSC funds should be directed elsewhere why not assist in drumming up interest and opening a channel to Kev? If there's interest then there's possibility for different events. We used to do a LOT more events in the past, but standard of shows dropped considerably and so did the interest in them as a result, (remember some of us have been here since 2000).

JAE is one of the main UK events of the year and is advertised all year so people can plan ahead to attend. People come from all over the country, people car share, convoy, help each other out to attend and some people come from overseas just to be there. Every year I have attended everyone has always had a blast! Also JAE is more suited to those in the Midlands, which is perfect for you Frank eh ;) It's the one show which is as close to the middle of the country, (excluding Scotland), that the JAP arena gets, so gives the North/South members the greatest opportunity to meet and mingle and have a good time....

@Anderson - Your skills could come in handy on here mate :)

Some points I'd like to address;

The MSC accounts are made public to members, this information has never been hidden away and nor will it ever be. 2010 accounts needs to be added and once I get some spare time, of which I get little, this information will also be added to the list of accounts.

Regarding the server, we have consistently looked to give you the best possible service, unfortunately we have moved from one server to another due to problems out of our control. We have used mainstream web hosts to one's recommended by other web users and only a few weeks ago ran into problems with our current host, this will be addressed and rectified.

James and I are already looking into new hosts and hopefully the issues with the site will be resolved with a new web host. Last year the MSC spent £450 on web hosting with OVH and if we need to increase that spend to ensure the speed and reliability of our website, then rest assured I will do so.

There has been for some time now a mind set of 'want your cake and eat it' The admin and mods can only go so far with there efforts into the MSC. The only way this club will progress any further; is if there is more 'Member input' this I have always welcomed with open arms.

Why are there not more shows / meets this club attends? Because no one organises them, why? Because people who we appoint to be area reps on the whole just don't organise them.

Do I have the time anymore to spend organising shows for the MSC? no I don't. Should I have to undertake this role? I have asked for help in the past and not one person has stepped forward to take on the role of show organiser. Take the MSC newsletter for example, all this needs is for 3 or 4 members to take this on a monthly basis and it adds another feature to the MSC, will it ever happen? doubtful.........

Only you the 'members' can make this club progress, the opportunity is there, but no one seems to want it, yet still threads like this get started.

Some of you, may think my words are some what harsh, I've been involved here now for over 10 years and I have personally given so much of my time to bring this club to where it is today; I simply now don't have the time, energy or desire to continuing doing this without further input from it's members. The MSC was formed to create a community for Micra enthusiasts, this community can only thrive with more input.

So here is your chance and opportunity to get involved and make a difference to the MSC.

The roles I'm offering are:

1. Main show organiser - running shows like Donny, Modified Live, Jap Show, Santa Pod, even the possibility of JAE.

2. Area Reps - organising meets throughout the UK, I think we need an overhaul on the area reps.

3. Editorial Team - A team of 3 or 4 people to run the club newsletter.

4. Discount Sourcer - A role to add further discounts to the MSC, contacting companies which could offer the MSC discounts of automotive products.

5. Moderating Role - We could benefit from the addition of another moderator to help moderate the forums.

Well said Kev,

The accounts can be found here >>> http://www.micra.org.uk/forums/87-MSC-ACCOUNTS

you can see here that the site barley breaks even, only making around a £20 profit! For all the time and effort people like Kev and James put in, its nothing! Like Low Rider says, the rules do keep it the most friendly forum around, (a forums with loads of swearing and people getting abused would make me run a mile) When I attened 2010 JAE everyone there made me very welcome and I will definetley be there again (if I can get a lift).

I went to Santa Pod three times each time I posted up a thread well in advance in general chat to drum up some people, however the biggest turnout I ever managed to get was 3! (including myslef) Its pathetic I look back at some photos and seen 20+ micras at santa pod! Where did it all go wrong? I would put myself forward as a area rep but seeing as my car is gone it wouldnt be worth it as i couldnt get to any of the meets!

Its almost been a year that Ive been an active member on here and its been briliant, its a great place to be and I must have spent countless hours on here reading through old threads for the fun of it. I never thought I would be into micras but I have the site to thank for that, (I never thought I would travel down 3hrs to Brighton to see some micras either) Although my cars sold I will be back with another as ive learned so much about them thorugh this site. I wouldnt like to see this site go.

I would like to put myself forward for the Moderating Role as I would like to make a difference to this site and put some input in.

cheers
Eliot

both elliot and scott have my vote for their areas and more as they have always been serious members.
quick joke,,,,,this thread busness really gets to you when you get older,,,,less threads left on the head top scalp:grinning::grinning:

ill give a hand with karl on the newsletter.... we get on quite well so im sure we can give it a good go eh.... also i could help arrange meets local to me...

Is a democratic system a no go then Kev? I personally think it could work quite well, admitably would mean more organising.

So the different 'roles' are outlined. people then stand for those roles and a vote is set up (possibly just as a poll in individual threads?) It would of course need an overseer (prob have to be you Kev). Maybe if people were voted in by 'the people' then they would take their job more seriously and put more effort it?

Having been a moderator on another car forum i know its not easy to please everyone. Also hubster was the scottish secratery on a car forum so we organised all the club meets in scotland (we even sent a forum out to every scottish memeber asking if they still had the car ect so we could update the records, we sent special invitations out by email and post inviting them to our mini meets and events ), i dont think i could do it all again however if someone wishes to take up the roll for the scottish side i dont mind giving a helping hand to organise events and meets :D

Every section should have someone 'in charge' that way if we have any problems ideas of location we contact them for help advice information ect... its alot of hard work time and effort but its all worth it in the end at the end of the day the forum,club is only what we make of it :D

Just a thought ;)

Back