Broke down - dont know whats happened

stokefan

yes any earth, battery neg, engine, body bolt
i,ve got a t/b you could try but best check the injector 12v feed first imo

right Frank cheers. I'll have a look on Saturday all being well - I really hope I havn't screwed anything to do with the ECU though by sticking in the pins and nothing flashing on the dash at me!!

cheers for the offer of the throttle body, how come you've got one spare?

how much would you want for your throttle body? I'm thinking at the moment this might be last chance for my Micra :( If I can firstly test the injectors for a connection as has been described in this thread, then if that doesn't work if I can get hold of a throttle body cheap enough I could ask my mechanic to fit it and just hope his suggestion works!

stokefan

they fetch about £40 or £50 but i could do with a spare for my misses k11
if you can,t suss it, get it towed home and i,ll have a look at it

Thanks for all the help guys, and for all the help everyone's given me in the past....

I've decided to sell my Micra. It now has a new home up in Huddersfield. I was gutted to see it go but didn't have the time to get to the bottom of the problem, and needed a car to get to work. The guy who's bought it off me managed to get it fixed by pouring boiling water over the fusebox in front of the battery.

I'm already a bit jealous of people on the road in their K11s, I want a go! Who knows one day I may treat myself to another if I can afford the space.

In case you're interested I replaced it with this :

media

media

media

My uncle had one of them, damn nice cars!
Was funny watching my grandad trying to get in and out of it though.

My beloved SR did the same thing. One night, many years ago, I'd left my car running in my driveway and ran into my house to get some more CDs (illegal, I know) and I returned to find the engine stopped. When the engine was started again, my rev counter was all over the place.

Back