what did you do to your micra today ?

1810cadde900741557b90da58b0fcc4e.jpg

Went for my first drive today since i passed alone wasnt too scary now to start the mods

Your friendly local mechanic in training -Sploshua

check the battery terminals are holding 12.4-12.6v
then check at the starter terminals themselves are actually getting over 9v while someone cranks. very low V at the starter maybe poor ground or some high resistance somewhere
Ok after checking today i got under 5volts on the battery with cranking it up, so it was a brand new battery but it's gone flat, I also got the starter switch into a live battery and still wouldn't crank fast, so now I know the ign switch is fine, the battery died after few cranks but why ? So means the alternater isn't charging my battery to hold the charge. So I checked the live wire on the altarnator and it's going into the battery live which is ok, but from what I need it will need to go from starter motor live to altarnator so it's instant power instead of thin wires traveling into the battery, now gona try this a new battery and do the wires again and then crank it up and see if it holds over 14v @pollyp @frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok after checking today i got under 5volts on the battery with cranking it up, so it was a brand new battery but it's gone flat, I also got the starter switch into a live battery and still wouldn't crank fast, so now I know the ign switch is fine, the battery died after few cranks but why ? So means the alternater isn't charging my battery to hold the charge. So I checked the live wire on the altarnator and it's going into the battery live which is ok, but from what I need it will need to go from starter motor live to altarnator so it's instant power instead of thin wires traveling into the battery, now gona try this a new battery and do the wires again and then crank it up and see if it holds over 14v @pollyp @frank

You'll need to check the regulators etc in the alternator are functioning... If not, you'll be constantly changing and discharging the battery causing it to die

Does anybody own this or know who owns it? It's my old car, I part exchanged it for a vw polo so I don't know who has it now

Attachments

• 1444924776907.jpg
    1444924776907.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 1444924813997.jpg
    1444924813997.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 271
You'll need to check the regulators etc in the alternator are functioning... If not, you'll be constantly changing and discharging the battery causing it to die
Just checked altarnator before that's fine , it's the battery wat died out coz the altarnator wasn't charging the battery, so need to add a live wire into the starter to altarnator

I tried to get that da@n airbag light off. I got a resistor, connected it where it supposed to and the battery disconnected but nope. I counted 3000 Mississippi but nope. It's doing my head lol. Question.. if I remove the entire airbag ecu unit will it go away??

I tried to get that da@n airbag light off. I got a resistor, connected it where it supposed to and the battery disconnected but nope. I counted 3000 Mississippi but nope. It's doing my head lol. Question.. if I remove the entire airbag ecu unit will it go away??

Remove the bulb is the quickest way to get rid of it ;)

Cheers Kieran

Wouldn't it clear with obd reader plugged in

Maybe your seatbelt inertia reel, where its fitted to the floor....common fault for airbag lights. You will need to change it to find out.
If not, just put black tape over it, that's what I did. taking the airbag out will not work.

Well i was supposed to go pickup my k11krew cap from the print shop but they had shut early and not done my cap yet so i will have to go back on wednesday to pick it up :(

Well i was supposed to go pickup my k11krew cap from the print shop but they had shut early and not done my cap yet so i will have to go back on wednesday to pick it up :(

Di they do hoodies? I'd be up for one of them

Cheers Kieran

Today I went about breaking my daily even more.. Not quite intentional but heyhoe, Also went about Tinkering with Wilbur, new lights fitted, Steels given another coat of matt black paint, looked into the driver window not working, after I finally got the damned window winder off, some W****r bonded it on as they had lost the lil clip :mad:, one winder handle down, had to use side cutters to get it off, Found out that the whole regulator is caput, lucky I have some spare complete doors!, also managed to get just over half way T-cutting, I could swear this thing has not been washed in years, never seen a t-cut bottle. :p

Not so much today, but generally this week. It went in for an MOT on Monday, failed on having a +40mm crack within the swept area, clear flashing light to the front (forgot to disconnect the driving lights from the indicators), head light alignment low and front suspension arm bush housing damaged (worn through from contact with the ground). The head lights and flashing clears were an easy fix, a few wires disconnected and a twizzle of the adjuster. I got a bit more inventive with the windscreen crack. I made a straight wiper arm, by cutting off the cranked end of the oem centre arm, and welding on the straight end of an oem rear arm. then fitted this with a longer blade to form a make shift single wiper conversion - with the off side wiper blanked off. Of course this parks just shy of the crack :) which is now outside the swept area.
The lower arms were replaced with ebay specials, getting the O/S arm off involved a tickle with the angle grinder as the bold was seized in the bush. Before fitting the new arms I welded a couple of bits of flat bar to the bush housing, to beef it up and make it take longer to wear away.
It went back in for the retest this morning and all is good - screen crack is advisoried, as is the broken headlight, and there's a corroded brake pipe to sort in the near future.

yep as above av22s or gti /gtir need to be ever so slightly spaced from the caliper to carrier to centralise the pads or they catch you beat me to it lol

adjust washer thickness till the gap on both sides of the discs are equal. vernier calipers would be useful
ca0dde79177da6c2ed4a71409eb1c3ff.jpg
89772c036245993a2e6ba4749f5cb302.jpg
4b98f8f10e6d91c7ec757b5f0a1b75ac.jpg
9d332506195f37a4d605d332b7efc344.jpg
go the 1mm washers get what u all mean when Polly said adjust the disc so it's size Whn then pads fit, and after doing this it was all lined up, I don't no what u call them that hold in the pads the metal cage bit ? They are rare to get from motor factors as its import but lucky waited for mines, thanks to polly and 12h

Back