what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT?

On the way home from work, drove over to Caister and picked up a set of 13" Skoda Favorit alloys...all with excellent tyres...got them super cheap off eBay....boom!

temporary_6.jpg

Looks rubbish without the orange diffuser as all you see is the bulb and holder. They're not the same as the 1st facelift ones.
They're only prototypes anyway. I just bought some off ebay to mess with.

I was thinking about cutting part making proper reflector shapes for each led from clay and then remake final piece from glass. Have you considered that? I sadly have no time till summer

I was thinking about cutting part making proper reflector shapes for each led from clay and then remake final piece from glass. Have you considered that? I sadly have no time till summer

Not really sure what you mean, sounds like a lot of work too haha

Im just removing the orange bit and spraying the chrome black when I get the chance, been meaning to for weeks now but havnt had the time either

I might also try and tint part of the headlight cover over the indicator if that's possible

Bought a couple of electric mirrors. Wrong colours so something else that needs to go into the body shop for spraying. Only part of the wiring loom is fitted so I'll have to make one up to the switch.

Took gearbox off, opened new clutch box to find my shiny new clutch not so shiny. Shelf rust. F**k. To make matters worst, the crankshaft seal I was leaking, so I had bought one from ecp. They supplied a part that doesn't fit and they don't have one that does. GSF failed too. Double f**k.

So, car's out of actions at least until Tuesday when Nissan can get me a new crankshaft seal (£28 :s ).

In interim I've machined the flywheel and fitted the off-road tires...

Fitted an eBay remote locking kit, bit of a pig getting the wiring through on the passenger door though!

Not having my mrs moan waiting for me to let her in each time made it all worthwhile though :D

fitted a morris minor horn i found in the garage haha, also my brother took her for mot tomorrow, got good hope she'll pass! then i can get on with japfest prep which is gonna be alot of work!

got some more as to why it failed today now my brothers started ripping her apart.....

headlights not lined up (fixed)
indicator bulbs paint had flaked off so replaced (fixed)
foglight bulb wasnt red enough (fixed)
seats held in by 3 bolts (i forgot about the 4th bolt that had to go through the floor because i dont think my drill is strong enough to get through it) (fixed)
front brake pipe cable tied to the strut (been like that since coilovers were fitted and passed fine last year (no clip for them to go into on the actual strut)), now fixed properly so it doesnt touch drive shafts (fixed)
handbrake cable seized
rear brakes imbalanced and binding because of seized handbrake
rear wheel bearing is loose due to slightly stripped stub axle thread
rear anti roll bar bar link balljoint worn

raking up the money but hopefully getting done by japfest, lucky i got my brother to do it for me and get it retested!

going to spend an all nighter getting it lowered, decat, steering wheel, and whatever else for japfest when i get it back

Back