what did you do to your micra today ?

I bleed the two diagonal brake circuits and furthest one first, as written in Haynes.
Rear left - front right, rear right - front left.

New wing, new door, rear quarter, maybe new drive shafts etc the wheel took a bang. I'll see what they say they they take it away.

I'll probably have two options keep it and do what I want or write it off

Took my mouse to the three sisters race track in Wigan today for a track day !
Did not run in it but it was a good day out but I'm sorry to say that I was the only one representing ! Not good !!!!!

WDID? Took her in for an mot half an hour ago. To pick her up at 2 oclock or there abouts. Bit nervous especially as I thought everything was perfect with car yet I heard a knocking from suspension as I drove down to the garage. Thought oh well im in for the ride now ill just wait till I get the list or a pass. On a side note after fitting the new track rod ends the steering is tracking straight as far as I can tell however the steering is now extremely light? As in not a lot of feel from it, it felt heavy before its so light its a bit disconcerting?

Updated my blog with final Wales Rally GB prep work : www.mattendean.co.uk

We are running at Car 278 on the event, if you are out specatating on the event give us a wave, or come to service and say hello (service at Deeside) is free to get into.

Cvs are still clicking but worse now after packing with grease theyre clicking when turning slightly not just end to end. Oh well theyll need to just keep clicking away till I can be fecked changing em to the new ones I have. The strut nuts are rounded and I cba with that just now lol

I was wondering...do you think 20yr old+ is too many years for a micra to live? (k10 and k11 ofc) mines 13 but I was wondering if I kept looking after it if it was possible for one to see 20+years, the chassis and shell im meaning, the engine being a bonus. And whats the highest mileage micra on here?

106k on a 54 plate,expect theres much higher than that. Rust will always be an issue with micras of all models,but regular undrrseal ect should help with that

Got a week off work next week. Going to do all my undersealing plans then. Sills, control arms, belly, crossmember, rear axles and just everything thats rusty underneath. Is undersealing better than painting and lacquering? I got some body sealant the council used to use got it from an ex council worker actually. Canny mind what its called

To be honest for a 51 plate mine has barely any rust at all. Tiniest surface rust on cross member and tiny tad underneath. Its surprisingly new underneath although the old biddy I got it from hardly ever used it in 13yrs lol possibly why. Will still protect it anyway

It could reach that,but will never be the same car lol im unsure which is best tbh,ive never done any of it to my cars. When i had me front bumper off i was pleasantly surprised how little the front end rusted compared to the crash bar

Iv got micra on the brain tonight lol. Must be post mot joy lol. Another question I was wondering was how much do these things like to be revved? Or should I say tolerate being revved. I have the 1.0 S Coilpack with 14" wheels (sport? Lol) and I feel guilty anytime I really thrash it, I dont do it all the time just sometimes I like to rev it and work it.....is this going to stress it much? I know these engines are extremely strong and reliable but will revving it upto (never after) redline daily when warmed up etc be ok providing good oil?

WDIDT ? a bit of progress on the electric s/c :)
the electronic speed control finally arrived, so tested the k10 alternator (converted to a brushless motor)

and gonna try a k11 alternator with permanent magnets (instead of the copper windings) on the rotor next :)

View attachment 36638

mounted 3 ring magnets into the rotor and test ran it :)

PB110294.JPG

Back