what did you do to your micra today ?

That would explain the excess noise then...
5f104207c5a209282a435158432096fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or maybe 1/8 bspt ?
For some strange reason I am thinking npt, I had a huge conversation with the guys at merkin Motorsport when trying to make a better oil feed setup and npt sticks in my head. Both standards have very very similar teeth patterns @ 1/8. Could be very wrong though.

For some strange reason I am thinking npt, I had a huge conversation with the guys at merkin Motorsport when trying to make a better oil feed setup and npt sticks in my head. Both standards have very very similar teeth patterns @ 1/8. Could be very wrong though.
aye, just 1 tpi difference iirc eh chris, the taper on the bspt tends to give a better seal :)

Despite already having a set of Almera alloys in the shed with ziex on them I bought another set as the spares are sprayed purple and i was just too lazy to respray them lol

Just need to solve the gearshift issue and get some lows and I'll be a happy camper then :)

eju9ezur.jpg

Headlights need a little attention also

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Those Almera alloys always look good on a Micra, would like a set myself (in white)

Apart from a LOT of pain having a wisdom tooth removed, I have been busy in the garage - See the blog - www.mattendean.co.uk

Also best wishes to @h701micra hope you are back fighting fit soon, an hour in a hospital bed was enough for me! I have learnt before you can only burn the candle at both ends for so long. Get some real rest....

Spent the the morning cleaning and modding a spare throttle body I bought from the scrapyard for £15.
The Renewed and the old bodies
8W0A4319.JPG

Power increase from more air flow as less restriction, I reduced the butterfly spindle with an angle grinder and a belt sander, crude but effctive, Holes blocked with solder once butterfly fitted. If you do this mod be sure to refit the butterfly with the locating lugs on the upper part of the spindle so it can not drop out on full throttle which could be a little exciting! A bit tricky as you have to fit the butterfly into the spindle from within the top half of the throttle body. You can see in the photo above, the butterflies are fitted in reverse to each other by the two square punch marks on the butterflies.

The Old Body
8W0A4320.JPG

The Modded Body
8W0A4321.JPG

8W0A4323.JPG
Now fitted and tested well happy with a cheap mod.

Re soldered throttle at last, finally getting fault code 55...... ALL CLEAR!!
Yeah I had to do this one when we reached the mediteranian in the south of france. Although it is usually one of the three plug connectors onto the pcb on mine I had to resolder all the visible joints to cure the fault. Still a relaxing overnight hotel room repair with a 12 euro soldering iron and a few beers!

ypu3a3ep.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

broke the plastic dial cover and resprayed the plastic behind it black and gold glittery, doing the rest of the surround once i get new one from scrappy, taking off the adhesive and beano is taking forever

Refitted my exhaust that got ripped off by speed bumps, managed to tuck it up a bit more to give more clearance......now temptation is there to drop it a bit more ;)

Back