what did you do to your micra today ?

I'm not questioning your suspension guru ability because I don't know you.
I am trying to get my opinion across though, but it's obviously wrong.
I'd prefer set up on part worn 48's or at least a mild performance tyre, not ditchfinders. I believe there is no advantage in finding grip that isnt there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can find grip that isn't there not a significant achievement

Everyone's entitled to an ipinion and no opinion is wrong.
But a tried and tested method with data to back it up as fact can't be questioned :)

I didn't mean literally NO grip at all. Obviously they have to grip. But while being driven sensibly at the speed limit and not in a manner that will get you pulled over for reckless driving. They are made for grannies in Micras so they don't have to replace the tyres for 10 years.

They're not made to be driven hard aka on a rally car.

Lol okay. I guess u know ur stuff then. I now want to take up rallying and do it on ****e tyres. Just to see the results. See what damage I can do with granny tyres.

If you can find grip that isn't there not a significant achievement

Everyone's entitled to an ipinion and no opinion is wrong.
But a tried and tested method with data to back it up as fact can't be questioned :)

TRYING to find grip then.
I want my car set up on the tyres (be it part worn) that I'm going to be going off the start line with.
Is that your Pug 205 then?

TRYING to find grip then.
I want my car set up on the tyres (be it part worn) that I'm going to be going off the start line with.
Is that your Pug 205 then?

Pug 205?
That's a friend I nav in that one

If you can set up on the control tyre then do so

Pug 205?
That's a friend I nav in that one

If you can set up on the control tyre then do so

Well the driver was called Andy Gray not the nav. Drives an orange 205 on the Trackrod rally 2011 and has done other rallies as a driver.
Then you have no choice, so yes do it.

Well the driver was called Andy Gray not the nav. Drives an orange 205 on the Trackrod rally 2011 and has done other rallies as a driver.
Then you have no choice, so yes do it.

Shouldn't have me as driver :/

You do have a choice. Just not the event :p

Got some MAAAD Super S clocks today along with one headlight protector :D . Not bad for £30 (btw headlight cover was free hahaha)
1405017790028.jpg
1405017801042.jpg

Last edited:
It's when you see cars on three wheels.... That's too much grip and stiffness :p

As I say, I get both of your points and I know your car was always one that handed well in f1000 spec

What's wrong with being on three wheels? I run with my rear anti roll bar because I've also tried without and find my car feels more responsive and just feels better for my driving, if anything shouldn't it just put more grip on the front?:rolleyes:

What's wrong with being on three wheels? I run with my rear anti roll bar because I've also tried without and find my car feels more responsive and just feels better for my driving, if anything shouldn't it just put more grip on the front?:rolleyes:

4 wheels will give more grip than 3...simples
I get what you mean as more weight will be on the front, but it won't be as fast as a properly sorted car. That's not to say yours isn't quick, as I know it's fairly competitive, but it could be quicker

This thread is EPIC - LOL!

I have won an event outright on scrap yard tyres i.e. ones which were a fiver a wheel with a road legal tyre.....

Yes i would have gone quicker with a pucker tyre, but did i need to... ?

The last event we did was on £15 a tyre one's which, were good enough to once again win the class

Agreed you need good grip, but its what you do with that counts. I have beaten countless times, people with more power, grip etc....

Brands this year in point, another Micra like our but with a dogbox and proper diff, and very sticky Hankooks, and a very slippery cold day and I was running freebe tyres on the rear and the front were some worn Yoko A032's I got as part of a wheel deal costing me about £20 each. Who one???? we beat them by 57 seconds over less than 40 miles.....

4 wheels will give more grip than 3...simples
I get what you mean as more weight will be on the front, but it won't be as fast as a properly sorted car. That's not to say yours isn't quick, as I know it's fairly competitive, but it could be quicker
Faster for me if I don't like the way the car handles with the rear arb on

This thread is EPIC - LOL!

I have won an event outright on scrap yard tyres i.e. ones which were a fiver a wheel with a road legal tyre.....

Yes i would have gone quicker with a pucker tyre, but did i need to... ?

The last event we did was on £15 a tyre one's which, were good enough to once again win the class

Agreed you need good grip, but its what you do with that counts. I have beaten countless times, people with more power, grip etc....

Brands this year in point, another Micra like our but with a dogbox and proper diff, and very sticky Hankooks, and a very slippery cold day and I was running freebe tyres on the rear and the front were some worn Yoko A032's I got as part of a wheel deal costing me about £20 each. Who one???? we beat them by 57 seconds over less than 40 miles.....

I give up now, we're all different and we drive to our own needs and budget. In the future I'll do a rally on scrap yard tyres for the sake of it.

got the wing the same colour, just going to get it machine polished tomorrow, window has settled in place and works perfectly now too, so happy about it! grilles going to get meshed and put on tomorrow hopefully too, running out of things to do to the outside!

Got some MAAAD Super S clocks today along with one headlight protector :D . Not bad for £30 (btw headlight cover was free hahaha)
View attachment 32821

Turns out that my new Super S clocks were not quite as i expected. Plugged them in and well they didn't really work as expected. Turns out that the circuit board on the back was naffed. So i've spent all evening swapping the rev counter and fuel/temp gauge into my 1.0l clocks as the circuit board is tip top. Turns out it actually worked so my 1.3 clocks are all good again. Shame really as i basically ended up paying £30 for a rev counter and fuel/temp gauge as there the only things that i've used from the Super S clocks :/

Also there's a date on my clocks. Found out my Micra was made on the 26/06/1994 and the clocks were put in at 1:30 pm hahaha :)

Back