what did you do to your micra today ?

Got these off IRNBROO from a day at crail the other day. he got @EnterScott aswell

DSC_0280_zpsb53c4058.jpg

DSC_0279_zps664b3bea.jpg

DSC_0264_zps7dbbb025.jpg

Went for a drive with @Fujiwara-Ben
ne6u3e8u.jpg

Also stopped for a pee and to say goodbye to Ben, and while peeing I spotted something that made me excited..... But it didn't pay off :(

Wrecked front bumper on the side of the road, although it only had half of the splitter left :(
bavu4e5y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a battery strap for the total cost of £0 at the scrappies so it's MOT booking time.

guy at the scrap yard was real anal and does not let people look around :confused:

started the sub box / fake floor in the back, first problem is crappy sub and amp, need to cut a gurt hole in the back of the new box so the amp can sit in it properly :(

WDIDT? Actually it was yesterday. Removed the tires and and checked the breaks and underneath the car. Found a hole on the rear while arch a bit under the floor. Found some cracks on tires as well. Here is the videos of Tyre crack and here are the videos of left and right side arches sills.

Regards

Found a spare hour today, so made my template for future designs and drilling base. Used 3mm polycarbonate board.
Have cut out the mileometer and one of the warning light holes - just practising at the moment. I'll get there in the end.
001_zps09038323.jpg

Need to make a second template to clamp the coloured section between for cutting and drilling.

Just changed the spark plugs, air filter, gonna do the oil change n filter tomorrow when i get access to a ramp.. screw laying on the floor and doing it!

If you're lowered without an adjustable panhard rod it throws the rear axle to one side.

Messes up 4 wheel alignment

Pushes the back axle out to the right (you might not notice it when you're looking from outside the car as it not all compressed)...put something heavy in the boot and measure it?

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Pushes the back axle out to the right (you might not notice it when you're looking from outside the car as it not all compressed)...put something heavy in the boot and measure it?

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk
I'm well aware of the effects of lowering :)

Any drop will shift the axle.

Doesn't it just! Mine's gone down just 100mm, hardly lowered at all really and the axle has shifted over plenty. I plan to make my own adjustable one having bought some bits to do that today. When I lowered it a few weeks back I soaked the rod nuts ready for removal. You never know, they might come off easily!

Me too...!

Can you do teak-effect?
Don't see why not magpie - I'll see what I can find. Long way to go yet bud. May be able to get hold of a proper piece of veneer, problem seems to be the gap between the needles and the face - not a lot of room. If not, cabinet veneer will probably be just as good - I'll have a sniff.

How much does ap lsd cost k11??????????

matt humphris sells Gripper clutch LSD for £695 ex vat & postage

http://www.humphrisoxford.co.uk/upload/files/Micra_Rally__Parts_Retail_Price.pdf

originally he sent me a dual clutch version but doesn't fit a speedo pinion
http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-18#post-444504

dsc03931b.jpg

later requested a special single-sided clutch version to fit a speedo pinion
http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-19#post-447816

dsc04064t.jpg

davyboy do you have a picture of any you have already done ?
Only just playing with ideas at the moment bud, very early days before they may look right. Don't really have a lot of free time, but I'll do what I can as fast as I can. Found a laser cutting company today - maybe useful... I'll pay them a visit.
Here's some I'm thinking of. @magpie that's as near to teak as I can find at the moment, its one shade to dark - but close ?
007_zpsf273af56.jpg

009_zpsecde1af1.jpg

001_zps0666d7ef.jpg

Got home from college, changed wheels front/back to level my tyres out after bad tracking for a week.

Then I got bored so this happened...
uvyja6ad.jpg

Then this happened...
4u8aju2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted my fog lights! Really happy with how they turned out! And, I sorted my new speakers out so I can has tuneage in the car now! Proper good day wrenching the neeesaaan! :)
image.jpg

Fitted my extinguisher, removed the bent aerial mast and made a start at prepping my spare steels for paint. Amazing what you can do when the children are out for the afternoon!

Back