what did you do to your micra today ?

Dead easy yeah! I got the stalk and the relay in on Wednesday then refitted the bumper and fog lights today! The hardest part was removing the old rusty bolts that held the blanking plates on, but a hacksaw soon had them out! ;)

Literally only took my 2 minutes! My hands and wrists are skinny though so I suppose that helped a little! :) just kinda played around, twisting it round and stuff and it just fell into place! No problems!

Only just playing with ideas at the moment bud, very early days before they may look right. Don't really have a lot of free time, but I'll do what I can as fast as I can. Found a laser cutting company today - maybe useful... I'll pay them a visit.
Here's some I'm thinking of. @magpie that's as near to teak as I can find at the moment, its one shade to dark - but close ?

009_zpsecde1af1.jpg

If you send me your dial fascia I'll create some artwork like that for you. I do a lot of signage and vinyl work you know!

Only just playing with ideas at the moment bud, very early days before they may look right. Don't really have a lot of free time, but I'll do what I can as fast as I can. Found a laser cutting company today - maybe useful... I'll pay them a visit.
Here's some I'm thinking of. @magpie that's as near to teak as I can find at the moment, its one shade to dark - but close ?
007_zpsf273af56.jpg

009_zpsecde1af1.jpg

001_zps0666d7ef.jpg

Yes, yes and yes.

That's brilliant!

My interior colour scheme is going to be wood and orange.

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

WDIDT?

Swapped my front springs for Ade's Altos and stuck my noddie brace on...the front drop looks perfect now...

Then stuck my corsa shocks and noddie rod on the back....weirdly, it's not as low as i was expecting back there and the near side arch gap seems loads bigger than the off side...possibly the spring on that side got out of its hole a bit...hmm...anyways, i shall have a fiddle with it tomorrow...

Most importantly of all though, i put my micra.org.uk sticker on (yeah, i cut off the www. bit...that's sooo 2004)...

:)

Okay....Flatted back... ever wish you had fewer spokes? *facepalm* <_<

IMG_20140404_151055_zpsed5999ad.jpg

All lined up, ready to go :p
IMG_20140404_151101_zps342a46ae.jpg

Lacquer away!
IMG_20140404_171710_zps5c74cfed.jpg

Damn....I like that...
IMG_20140404_171735_zps7c03f788.jpg

Holy ssssssshhhhhhhugarplumfairy! :O
That's serious SHINE! :D

IMG_20140404_171756_zps5fdb3000.jpg

...now.....gonna leave 'em for 2 weeks :confused:
...buff 'em....fit 'em :cool:

oh my, that's really really glossy :cool:
was that taken while still wet or tacky? just base coat or with laquer?

for a first attempt that's outstanding ;)

Scrutineered for tomorrow's stage rally, passed all ok apart from a debate about mud flaps, which seems daft when they were fine for WRC Wales Rally GB in the wood, but not for driving around an old airfield....

Car is driving a bit odd though with the new manifold, which is the full Grp A one not the Grp N+ I had before 40mm primary pipes vs 45mm primary pipes now.

I had to change the lambda sensor as the old one wouldnt come out of the manifold, i fitted a second hand one from Matt who was very helpful getting parts sorted in very quick time to allow us to continue rallying. However on the road driving on part throttle in 4th and 5th only at 3k in 5th and 4k in 4th the engine feels hesistant and more throttle doesnt sort it out until the revs rise. Once out of this zone which lasts about 1000rpm she then takes off like a scolded cat, even in 5th pulling strongly well above 100mph!

Now the lambda sensor is the obvious thing to check, what tests can do it on it? Running or any resistances when not running? Also what resistances and voltages should i be getting at the maf again running and not not running? As it does feel a bit like the usual TB issues.

OR! Is it the fact that the new bigger manifold means that the mapping is out and needs remapping? Would a change in manifold like this make a difference.

Note when driving hard and revving she pulls very well, arguably even better than before.

OR! Is it the fact that the new bigger manifold means that the mapping is out and needs remapping? Would a change in manifold like this make a difference.
Yes
Its been mapped to suit 40mm x ?? Length primaries.
N/A engines are sensitive to exhaust changes

Now the lambda sensor is the obvious thing to check, what tests can do it on it? Running or any resistances when not running? Also what resistances and voltages should i be getting at the maf again running and not not running? As it does feel a bit like the usual TB issues.
the middle wire is the signal on the lambda matt, and here,s the maf specs :)

PB160350.JPG

vids or ban :)
In the morning, need to properly fit the drivers mount and the exhaust isn't exactly connected yet :)
The electric water pump is working a treat too :)
The pump controller sh** itself at the 14v, so running at full whack atm

£8 of fuel disappeared from my tank while I was parked up!!!!! Took the carbon canister off earlier and blocked all the pipes off, could this cause that? Surely not?
My gauge isn't even budging when I then the ignition on, just fuel light! :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£8 of fuel disappeared from my tank while I was parked up!!!!! Took the carbon canister off earlier and blocked all the pipes off, could this cause that? Surely not?

Rusty fuel filler pipe I reckon.

Thanks Paul :D
That last picture is final coat Lacquer, touch dry (about 30 minutes after last aplication)....although I managed to resist the touching :p

good girl.
indeed the itching temptation to wanna fit the pretty freshly painted part really challenges patience.
like being told not to eat that lush hot cake/meal/chips cos it's still red hot out the cooker but you can't resist cos ur absolute starving/drooling and it's so tasty and end up burning ur tongue lol.
conflict between letting it fully cure and completing the task quickly in time, especially with time/weather constraints.

annoying things were when it doesn't cure and have to start over or when a tiny insect lands on a semi-cured painted bonnet eek.

Remove carbon canister? Why? It's not good idea IMO man.

Remove carbon canister? Why? It's not good idea IMO man.

Just take vapour out fuel tank. Instead of going to atmosphere it gets burned off. Take it off and attach tube from tank to the t piece on the chassis leg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you send me your dial fascia I'll create some artwork like that for you. I do a lot of signage and vinyl work you know!
Hello Wagoneer. At present I've sourced a clear plastic that I can use as a top template on the jig I'll make for the drilling and cutting, I have to make that first. It has to be on the money to allow the night lights to shine through, my first one missed a few cut-outs so is not good enough.
Also there are 3 different fascia's, so each one has to have its own jig :( once that's done it would be relatively easy to cut out the pattern required. I sourced my coverings from my local sign shop (300 yds from where I live) however, I know that some plastics used in signage have two colours ...one under the other ...could be very useful, you would know the colours??????
Anyways, I'll give you a shout when I am near to completing the jig, all you would need is a template for designing on, could be used many times for sure.
I'm babbling on a bit now, but I know what I mean ( I think)

Right....I think I've found the reason for my uneven rear arch gaps...I swapped the springs and shocks to opposite sides and it still happened, low on the right, high on the left...so the only thing it can be is the link arms...so I checked and the right side I can lift up and down easy but the left side gets harder as it moves up...you know the feeling of pushing against a rubber bushing...anyways, I thought I could just undo them and free them up but the bolts are all rock solid....so I've sprayed every bit of every link with grease and left it for a bit...hopefully that'll sort it....

Right....I think I've found the reason for my uneven rear arch gaps...I swapped the springs and shocks to opposite sides and it still happened, low on the right, high on the left...so the only thing it can be is the link arms...so I checked and the right side I can lift up and down easy but the left side gets harder as it moves up...you know the feeling of pushing against a rubber bushing...anyways, I thought I could just undo them and free them up but the bolts are all rock solid....so I've sprayed every bit of every link with grease and left it for a bit...hopefully that'll sort it....

If it's any consolation mine is exactly the same as yours with lowering springs fitted. Noticeably higher on the passenger side. I put the original springs back in thinking the new ones were incorrect but it was the same. Intrigued to know if you find the solution.

Never again will I remove a numberplate that's stuck on :mad:

Anyways, facelift handle
4a7a2yge.jpg

Pre face handle
6ega6aze.jpg

Or no handle with either nipples or LED bolts
4areqyhy.jpg

What do you think?

Hmmm...well, all the spray grease in the galaxy didn't fix it...I think i might need to take a coil off the lowering springs...probably off the tight end as that'll leave both ends relatively flat, so they don't go popping out...

*scratches head*

Hmmm...well, all the spray grease in the galaxy didn't fix it...I think i might need to take a coil off the lowering springs...probably off the tight end as that'll leave both ends relatively flat, so they don't go popping out...

*scratches head*

i ran with different heights on the front on the red car magpie, that cured the tilt :)
WDIDT ? removed 50hp :( in readyness for wednesday,s MOT

i ran with different heights on the front on the red car magpie, that cured the tilt :)
WDIDT ? removed 50hp :( in readyness for wednesday,s MOT

Might take a coil off the left and see what it does then!

Back