what did you do to your micra today ?

Swapped out the old smeary wipers for some new fresh ones and fitted a nice OEM rear parcel shelf.

Now to trace to see if Nissan included a rear wiring loom and hopefully strike-it-lucky and be in a position to purchase some rear speakers :)
You don't deserve such an easy... I declare you have no rear loom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hopefully going to get my tracking done tomorrow, tyres are having a killing :(
Meanwhile it rains in lovely Wales.
tusujumu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realised I ordered the wind deflectors for a 5 door model, not a 3-door that I have. Just messaged the eBay seller in the hope thet they haven't been dispatched yet. :oops:

Hell yes!
Shiny forged pistons :D
Not quite lol... My whole build is made from used parts really tom. I have said this many a time. You can do something properly and for cheap.. You just need patience to wait for the bits at the right time and for the right price. You can have a turbo build for not huge prices. Especially one which just works...and lasts. I have got three cp pistons I need to buy another. Plus rings. Just in case I decide to go that route. Even the clutch is barely used.

Not quite lol... My whole build is made from used parts really tom. I have said this many a time. You can do something properly and for cheap.. You just need patience to wait for the bits at the right time and for the right price. You can have a turbo build for not huge prices. Especially one which just works...and lasts. I have got three cp pistons I need to buy another. Plus rings. Just in case I decide to go that route. Even the clutch is barely used.

Oh you bought those pistons. Getting another is going to be 'interesting'. Did Matt tell you what the specs were, bore, compression etc? They'll be spec'd for a CGA3...

Clutch wise, I expect you've got a Helix 68-110R?

Made my template today, looks ok I think - yes/no? lots more to sort out yet ... the devils in the detail as they say.
Bit busy at the moment, will get around to it when I can.
001_zpsc8c0b311.jpg

A few days late, but I have updated my blog with a report from last weekend.

The previous few days have been frantic re-preping the Micra with the usual post/pre event prep work, plus fitting a new full Grp. A exhaust manifold. Finished fitting this about 8pm last night out on the drive (bet the neighbours loved that) took her out for a good thrash and after a bit of settling down she really flies now :)

All rather too frantic, but the car had to be sorted by today, as tonight i am tutoring (making a bit of cash back to go rallying with!) and then tomorrow night I get to pack up the spares cars, and rally car with all the kit to go again on Friday morning, as we scrutineer Friday night for a stage rally at Down Ampney on Saturday.

Blog : www.mattendean.co.uk

Swapped out the old smeary wipers for some new fresh ones and fitted a nice OEM rear parcel shelf.

Now to trace to see if Nissan included a rear wiring loom and hopefully strike-it-lucky and be in a position to purchase some rear speakers :)
Did you see my post from the scrappers, got a rear shelf with speakers ... looks original to me, don't know if they work ! how do I check them ? paid £20 for them, yours for the same with postage if you want.

FYI reprep-prep work was :-

Unpack service kit (completely fills my MGZR road car)
Check all the wheels / tyres i collected on Saturday - all are good and useful :)
Change oil and filter
Replace quick shifter with OEM one - quick shift was too fiddly to cope with in the heat of battle. Will be for sale soon, complete with support bar (easy to fit!)
Check the trip was working ok (was fine)
Full bolt check
Change front pads
Check oil breather catch tank
Check clutch pedal was making some odd noises, fixed with copious use of zip ties to stop sideways movement of the pedal.
Audit of tyres for this weekend and future events
Check on board camera for this weekend.

Fail... hope you sort :)

Nope, too late it's already been despatched. They said we can refuse delivery and I'll get a refund, but they're being delivered to work, so reception will just sign for the package. I can't tell them not to in advance because I have another package arriving at roughly the same time, so chances are they'll reject the wrong one.

If anyone wants them, I'll sell them at a slightly cheaper price.

Nope, too late it's already been despatched. They said we can refuse delivery and I'll get a refund, but they're being delivered to work, so reception will just sign for the package. I can't tell them not to in advance because I have another package arriving at roughly the same time, so chances are they'll reject the wrong one.

If anyone wants them, I'll sell them at a slightly cheaper price.

Couldn't you tell reception to refuse the big parcel that looks like a boomerang and accept the one that looks like a fleshlight?

Pulled the Micra out of the garage to give it a quick look over (lights, tyres etc) for the MOT only thing obvious is a lack of battery strap. The previous owner has utilized cable ties :eek:

The previous owner said it might need a new back box, quick check and some one has badly welded what I suspect is not a Micra back box on but it seems solid enough for now.

1396468896780.jpg

Taking a rest at membury services on way to Chris's Gaff. Poor thing, uphill all the way, temp gauge sat at 3/4 the whole way. Letting her cool off a bit before the nice downhill stetch.

Made it in one piece, was sat at 4/5ths for ages.... is fine in stop start though, settles back to normal. Maybe the thermostat is sticking part open. Oh well, Engine out tomorrow!

Worked out wiring for the dizzy for any of you wanting to use the dizzy cam position sensor rather than those hideous crank pulley mounted trigger wheels.
Looking at back of plugs, from left to right:

4 wire:
Engine ground
12v +ve feed to optical sensor
Signal feed from sensor
Engine ground

3 wire:
Signal feed to transistor (probably 5v)
-side of coil
Ecu ground

For GA16DE engines treat the two above plugs as one single plug, from left to right on the order read.

I have a 1.3 with the single plug on my dizzy what do you recon if I wire my single connector to two. To allow me to replace my dizzy. Will it work ?

Back