what did you do to your micra today ?

When you been racing an imprezza?

Least his crew could see where he parked.
I haven't. Merely spectating this time :)

The driver said "my braking efficiency was a tad low so I pushed the pedal a bit harder"... good ol boy ;)
Almost boiled his brake fluid. Was at 130-140 degrees iirc

I haven't. Merely spectating this time :)

The driver said "my braking efficiency was a tad low so I pushed the pedal a bit harder"... good ol boy ;)
Almost boiled his brake fluid. Was at 130-140 degrees iirc

Mighty impressive to cook rear brakes? Not that i've ever had disk rears, but i'd of thought fronts would go first?

Mighty impressive to cook rear brakes? Not that i've ever had disk rears, but i'd of thought fronts would go first?
Without sounding big headed on our higher spec cars... you use a 50/50 brake ratio (at least I do) or bias rear to aid slides on tarmac and you have the hydro handbrake. The rears end up soaking up more punishment

Not to mention the fact they're physically smaller and have less of heat tolerance

Anyway backing away from logic. Yea it is still impressive to cook the rears. But common :) the fronts have cooling ducts. I'm sure you've seen em glow red hot then drop off before?

Without sounding big headed on our higher spec cars... you use a 50/50 brake ratio (at least I do) or bias rear to aid slides on tarmac and you have the hydro handbrake. The rears end up soaking up more punishment

Not to mention the fact they're physically smaller and have less of heat tolerance

Anyway backing away from logic. Yea it is still impressive to cook the rears. But common :) the fronts have cooling ducts. I'm sure you've seen em glow red hot then drop off before?

Ahhh, makes sense I guess
Yeah, have seen disks glowing red hot then cool instantly.

Unrelated question, If I were to be doing a night rally would my normal headlamps and two 55W spots be good enough for regs? Can't find it in the blue book...

You dont see cooling ducts on normal cars as theynever get enough heat in the brakes... and if they do they dont want it cooling straight off... maximum attack rally cars however :p

In your case yes :) you're allowed 4 forward facing lights. 2 headlights 2 spotlights will be fine :)
Will be the same under the same rules as f1000

You dont see cooling ducts on normal cars as theynever get enough heat in the brakes... and if they do they dont want it cooling straight off... maximum attack rally cars however :p

In your case yes :) you're allowed 4 forward facing lights. 2 headlights 2 spotlights will be fine :)
Will be the same under the same rules as f1000

Ok not cooling instantly as that can damage disks...

Cheers, will get some wired in over the next few weeks :) Need some for the rockingham stages

added to my collection of micra parts beside my tool box at work :)

temporary_zps835bf603.jpg

Good colour too, makes a change from boring snap on red.........though if anybody would like to donate me a red snap on I'm sure I could put up with it ;)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

possibly blue one if i get a bigger one when i pay my current bills off lol

Wdidt? Laughed my ass off as a BMW pulled over to let me pass on a section of dual carriageway at **mph then pulled straight back out behind me.
Seems to be happening quite a lot lately with my micras mean face :p

Wdidt? Laughed my ass off as a BMW pulled over to let me pass on a section of dual carriageway at **mph then pulled straight back out behind me.
Seems to be happening quite a lot lately with my micras mean face :p

wana watch its not undercover police tho :p lol

Took one of the alloys off today, started filing the centre out so it will fit properly on the drum - more to do yet, ran out of time. Very surprised though how loose the nuts had become, no wonder she was ratting on the back end, sounded like a bag of nails. Memo to self - must get on with it.

micrade told yoy put a flap wheel and stick in you drill.it more accurate than a file :)
Yup R, I'm gonna have to do that, two hours of filing and I've nearly done one of them, it nearly, nearly fits now. A flap wheel is quicker yeah ???? Seem 'em, never used one, do they do different grades ????

Yup R, I'm gonna have to do that, two hours of filing and I've nearly done one of them, it nearly, nearly fits now. A flap wheel is quicker yeah ???? Seem 'em, never used one, do they do different grades ????

have no experience here,:),,,,,,,,,,ade boy done it

cars doing something odd at the moment
after about a half hour drive (quiet sprited inc motorway) the water in the overflow bottle is bubbling
this made me think head gasket
but
it doesn't over heat
no mayo on the oil filler cap of any sign of oil in the water
any thoughts??
im going to run a cooling flush through it was wondering if may be some minor blockage etc

That's exact what mine was doing when the head gasket went! There is no mayo because it's going between the water jacket and the cylinder and not the oil galleries...

Suzie the Super S

Took me about 4 hours to take mine from 56.1mm to getting them on, that's all 4 wheels. Flapwheels come in different sizes and grades, think mine was a 60mm 60 grit from machine mart iirc Davy :)

Woke up to find dad put my wheels on for me haha! Then tried to get the bump strips off, note to self: never try that again. Biggest pain ever haha, got most of the adhesive off with the help of this spray from devizes panels, some methods we tried before that didnt work and took some paint off with it which is annoying :( under the passenger side is a blue colour aswell but i think its from the plastics where they age and go blue. got some back to black while i was there too, ill give her a wash and polish tomorrow and have a photo whoring session! Dads keen to let me lower it aswell, think he loves it as much as me! View attachment 25758
1381591699085.jpg

1381591708517.jpg

1381591721675.jpg

Attachments

• 1381591643902.jpg
    1381591643902.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 245
Repainted grills as they were a bit stone chipped :)

Side Note, is it common for K11 1st facelift like mine for the drivers side headlight to become condensated?

Back