what did you do to your micra today ?

Decided to fix my wobbily steering wheel. It's been wobbily since I fitted the boss kit.

I blamed the cheap boss, but it turns out the steering column nut was at the end of the thread and couldn't tighten anymore allowing the boss to wiggle a little.

Anyway, two of these big bastards, M16 washers, about 2mm thick

And the problem has gone. Rock solid steering wheel. Yay!
My cheap ass eBay special boss on my k10 was exactly the same, cured in the same way too :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What else did I do?

Bought:

x2 oil filters
x1 5L anti-freeze
x1 4L Castrol Magnatec 10w-40
x1 4L Cheapo Oil
x1 425ml Wynns Engine Flush

Wdidt: drove one of my friends from work to pick up his car from the garage and saw this bad boy mod ;) you know you want one :D ......... I do :oops:
1375307820787.jpg
Chloe
X

Wdid? Saw this....
u5e3aty9.jpg

Check out the reg, it's a dodgy pic cos I didn't want to look too suspicious in a busy retail park car park :rolleyes:

Think they must have both been on sale at the same time at some point, weren't k12's introduced in 2002?
You cant blame somebody for walking into a Nissan dealers and buying that over a k12 though ;)

Well my fitter can't do the bulb to bulb thing to get this bloody airbag light off. Have taken it to another (younger) fitter who has an all singing dancing reader, we'll see. Fingers crossed.
How easy is it to do the bulb thing ????? He said it was all printed circuits behind the dials - means - not a lot to me !!!!

Well my fitter can't do the bulb to bulb thing to get this bloody airbag light off. Have taken it to another (younger) fitter who has an all singing dancing reader, we'll see. Fingers crossed.
How easy is it to do the bulb thing ????? He said it was all printed circuits behind the dials - means - not a lot to me !!!!
You need an electrician not a fitter

2.7 ohm resistor is the usual hack innit ?

Made my first purchase of parts for the new Micra! :D

New rear brake hoses after the old one caused me to ruin my pants flying across a roundabout, narrowly avoiding a couple of cars as I did.... I would like to think the seller had no knowledge of this before selling to me :(

What a return to Micra-hood :D

Made my first purchase of parts for the new Micra! :D

New rear brake hoses after the old one caused me to ruin my pants flying across a roundabout, narrowly avoiding a couple of cars as I did.... I would like to think the seller had no knowledge of this before selling to me :(

What a return to Micra-hood :D
Epic post :D

Thank you Frank. I pretty much, sort of, understand some of the two links, I'll pass that on to the younger guy I think.
More chance of a kiddie understanding that than an old geezer like me and my fitter. Age is a wonderful thing, when your not aged. Spent a lot of my working life hanging of ropes (tree surgeon) and gardening, never messed with engines at all.
Another big thank you from me :)

Wondering about n15 brakes, so wanted thread to be sure do they bolt on and fit under 13" wheels?
I've just bought an almera donor car but I'm not picking it up until sunday, will see if my micra 13" steels fit it once it's at my mates of nobody replies by sunday

this side winder action got these london boy dropping their load through they tighter hoald.
if you do it near em they think you doing the rd runner on em like that boy got weighed in by the rd side:)

I've just bought an almera donor car but I'm not picking it up until sunday, will see if my micra 13" steels fit it once it's at my mates of nobody replies by sunday

Thanks what engine size is it ? I think it is only the 1.4/1.6 brakes that fit under 13"s

From searching the web and this forum last night, it seems to be that the best option is the early n15 (Almera) 1.4/1.6 calipers as they have a larger piston and allow you to fit vented discs. You can fit n14 (Sunny) calipers and they will fit vented discs, but have the same sized piston as the normal K11 caliper.

Also you can fit 100nx front calipers or ones from k11's which were vented, but both of these options are rare, so easiest option and best it seems is a 1.4/1.6 Almera.

Thanks what engine size is it ? I think it is only the 1.4/1.6 brakes that fit under 13"s

From searching the web and this forum last night, it seems to be that the best option is the early n15 (Almera) 1.4/1.6 calipers as they have a larger piston and allow you to fit vented discs. You can fit n14 (Sunny) calipers and they will fit vented discs, but have the same sized piston as the normal K11 caliper.

Also you can fit 100nx front calipers or ones from k11's which were vented, but both of these options are rare, so easiest option and best it seems is a 1.4/1.6 Almera.

That sound like something I wrote ages ago :)

I like my 100nx brakes but for a performance car I'd use the n15 brakes

Wdid? Couple of days ago actually... Fixed the oil leak from the side panel and got help from Chris to clean the bay, its gleaming now!
Also visited both fusion motorsport and Matt humphris and got some excellent advice and info about future planned mods and repairs/upgrades :)

Wdid? Couple of days ago actually... Fixed the oil leak from the side panel and got help from Chris to clean the bay, its gleaming now!
Also visited both fusion motorsport and Matt humphris and got some excellent advice and info about future planned mods and repairs/upgrades :)
Sort your IACV ;)

Frank posted a picture of 100nx callipers in "14 (?) wheels...very snug...are the 'mera ones smaller then?

WDID...yesterday...the same as I did to mine the other day...affixed my mums boot trim with super strong double sided sticky...
hers didn't want to stick quite as well as mine has though...it's still coming away on the left hand side <_< ...won't come off still LOL

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00563_zps6739724d.jpg

busted catches....just like mine :rolleyes:

DSC00564_zps66f894c6.jpg

sticky tape placed
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00565_zpsf3ec0abc.jpg

In multiple layers :p

DSC00566_zps8d8e733c.jpg

don't wanna get my hopes up, but I'm still winning the wheels I'm bidding on o_O *fingers crossed*

Frank posted a picture of 100nx callipers in "14 (?) wheels...very snug...are the 'mera ones smaller then?

I've been running 100nx calipers on Charlie for almost as long as I've had her, there is plenty of room. As for the mera my old 97 1.4 had 13's as standard.

Size wise there isn't much difference, I even accidentally got the pad carriers mixed up. Only realised when I tried and failed to drive off lol.

The biggest difference is the piston size, unfortunately I have lost the exact diameters but the n15 pistons were noticeably bigger

Back