what did you do to your micra today ?

We have a few of them here at an old WW2 site, 11" howitzers I think, but are fixed. Every summer they fire them at 12:00 Kaboooom, wakes everybody and everything up. Used to be the main defence for the harbour - range 15 miles iirc.

Got some parts for the new engine build from Halfords, was looking at Gearbox oil specs and got confused.... Doing a search on here mostly gives 75w/90 GL5 but also on here and online (and in the Halfords spec sheets) for a facelift 1.0 box it states it should be 75w/80 GL4 now i am not sure which to use? The 75w/80 in theory should be a bit thinner and thus should give less losses which would be great.... But which should i be using?
75w/90 losses wont be noticeable in a 10sae difference. Plus a wider range gives better protection... which on a competition car is more important :)

Nothing today...

sent via magic...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374846093648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374846093648.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 278
Fitted Almera box finally with help from IRNBROO ( he pretty much done it ahaha)

Left the pipe off and it sounds loud as hell :D, gonna put my smoothed lid on and should get some more decibels :L

Jus got made redundant a few days ago so wot better excuse to do some work on the motor. So far i have colour coded the door cards black , painted the parcel shelf black, fitted in care white leds under footwells and seats and fitted a new led inside light, bolted on a cpl cup holders, changed all bulbs to led (looks like hids really surprised tbh :) tow strap added getting track rod ends tierods done as we speak, hopefully getting tints by end of next week, myt get a decent looking back box, need a splitter alloys and lowering springs.

Dnt know about you guys but if i didnt have my car to work on i wud be bored as f**k lol

WIHBD (what I have been doing):
SNEEK PEAK TIME!!
edevepy4.jpg

Taken just after the second coat of primer and before the primer filler came into the mix :) stay tuned :)

Wdidy? Got my car back after being away 2 days at army selection :). Gearbox whines like a bitch but Nigel still goes like a winner, and bonus I passed selection! Now to sort out a start date/trade :D
Nice one Joe. Welcome to the military you'll have the time of your life ;)

Jus got made redundant a few days ago so wot better excuse to do some work on the motor. So far i have colour coded the door cards black , painted the parcel shelf black, fitted in care white leds under footwells and seats and fitted a new led inside light, bolted on a cpl cup holders, changed all bulbs to led (looks like hids really surprised tbh :) tow strap added getting track rod ends tierods done as we speak, hopefully getting tints by end of next week, myt get a decent looking back box, need a splitter alloys and lowering springs.

Dnt know about you guys but if i didnt have my car to work on i wud be bored as f**k lol

I know the feeling, I'm only on one shift a week and the rest of the time is 'debugging' my car and spending cash on it, was supposed to be a run around, now it's a big investment.

Waiting back for a quote on a rear engine mount to finally get rid of the swing/clunk revving in low gear.

Tis when I'm broke, still 6 months and even then there's only s couple of places open. Might be better to go engineers and see what's what then maybe transfer later. Could be an rlc port operator too lol. And technically I could go rmp but I don't think I scored high enough to get in very soon

Tis when I'm broke, still 6 months and even then there's only s couple of places open. Might be better to go engineers and see what's what then maybe transfer later. Could be an rlc port operator too lol. And technically I could go rmp but I don't think I scored high enough to get in very soon
I'd hold out til January for REME, you get much higher qualifications. You joining as an officer? I applied and failed on my medical :(

Ha no. Nigel will still be with me, and fitted up well with the money I'll have.
I'm going in soldier level, go for officer a year or two down once I've got some experience. I can get good qualifications in signals and engineers too, but depending on progress made and whether I can go for officer and when that happens I may transfer. I don't really wanna wait another 6 months for a job lol.

Back