what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted my CGA primary decat, and there is a slight increase in throttle response over the CG decat i had before, not much but enough. Sounds more raspier too :)

did you compare the cores AJ ? the CGA one that i saw had very fine pores (cells per sq inch thingy :) )
also WDID ? removed the sloppy gearchange rivet, and fitted the later type bolt-on one

P5060965.JPG

The matrix on the CGA one did seem tighter than the CG one, also seemed to get a bigger bag of metal and ceramic from the CGA cat than the CG cat, but both are now hollow, i did find that the CGA decat does give better throttle response, and even more at high revs, seems to get a new lease of life at 5k plus over the CG one, but that maybe down to the way i got my engine set up, but a deff improvement over the CG decat.

The matrix on the CGA one did seem tighter than the CG one, also seemed to get a bigger bag of metal and ceramic from the CGA cat than the CG cat, but both are now hollow, i did find that the CGA decat does give better throttle response, and even more at high revs, seems to get a new lease of life at 5k plus over the CG one, but that maybe down to the way i got my engine set up, but a deff improvement over the CG decat.
would love to see some dyno figures, My car felt like it went like sh*t off a shovel when I removed baffles from back box and welded pipe in, but in reality you probably won't even see more than 1hp or so...

i would too mate, i got a RR event next month, so i will take both decats and see how they do, i aint expecting major things, maybe 1-2 hp between the 2, but prob 5 bhp over a catted system. Its the response between gear change you can feel the difference, so its more real world than rolling road

Wdid? Not just today but over the last few days I've been doing some colour coding, door handles, bumper corners and boot handle. Also blew in the osr bumper corner where it had previously had a poor repair and repainted mudflaps as the colour was a million miles away :rolleyes:. Its not a perfect job as its all done with rattle cans and the aim is that hopefully when funds allow the bumpers will be removed, repaired properly and fully resprayed.

Anyway, I know you all like pics so here you go ;)

IMAG0447_zps300b0912.jpg

IMAG0449_zpsf38cd86d.jpg

IMAG0450_zps742a2a46.jpg

Still on with refurbishing my alloys. All primered now, ready for paint. I'm off down the scrappies today to look for a vw polo splitter. Oh and take a look at this micra on you tube which has done 355000 yup 355k. k11 all the way.

:cool:

Good answer ade lol. Use a blade to separate the rubber from the rod, then pull the rod away and grind down the remaining bush centre til it will split off the bolt in.the axle.

Good answer ade lol. Use a blade to separate the rubber from the rod, then pull the rod away and grind down the remaining bush centre til it will split off the bolt in.the axle.
Is the bush actually welded to the axle then? I noticed the splines in the bush do they have a habit of rusting into the axle?

Is the bush actually welded to the axle then? I noticed the splines in the bush do they have a habit of rusting into the axle?

They just seize on over time fella, if you have a drill drill the bush out so you can get the panard rod off. Then cut a slit into the seized bush and open this up with a hammer & chisel :)

Investigated the non sliding sunroof. Apparently it has not opened for about 4 years! It tilted, but refused to slide back.
Appeared that on one side of the shiny metal hook things was not grabbing the other,(it slides back and should capture a long silver part), instead it hits it head on. Tried bending it slightly....discovered it was not very maleable and snapped off! :S
Ended up duct taping some small plastic bits to the bottom of the glass roof, when the lid drops down, it now pushes the other metal bit down so that the remnants of the metal hook collect it perfectly and open the roof.
This is the culprit on the left (silver 'hook'), the long silver bit on the right is in the down position, it rotates about the screw in the middle!
75717507.jpg

WAID?

Trying to decide between painting my wrap around silver to match the car or going glass black ahh decisions!!!

Also anybody got any pictures of how they have the intake hose coming off an almera/100nx box set up, like where they have it sitting ect?

Cheers Steve

WAID?

Trying to decide between painting my wrap around silver to match the car or going glass black ahh decisions!!!

Also anybody got any pictures of how they have the intake hose coming off an almera/100nx box set up, like where they have it sitting ect?

Cheers Steve
Same decision as me! I went with silver pretty quickly as I'm going for a standard look where possible.

Do you have any black trim on the car ie: mouldings ? Mirrors? Bumpers ?
If so then a satin black spoiler would match your trim as I have done this to my spoiler

Undersealed the turbo... Most skank job on car ever

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

It's not a turbo anymore Chris ;)
Haha you got me there dude. Okay I undersealed the shell which once housed the turbo engine. :D better lol

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

some one bought my k11 off me for scrap and i just got a tax reminder throught the door should i have getting this or should i contact the dvla?

some one bought my k11 off me for scrap and i just got a tax reminder throught the door should i have getting this or should i contact the dvla?
I think there's a section of the V5 that's supposed to be sent to the DVLA when your car is scrapped...then you should recieve a "Confirmation/certificate of destruction" from them
if you read the letter it should say on it something like, "if you have received this letter, but have recently sold or scrapped your car, ignore it...we print these notifications upto 6 weeks in advance" ;)

I think there's a section of the V5 that's supposed to be sent to the DVLA when your car is scrapped...then you should recieve a "Confirmation/certificate of destruction" from them
if you read the letter it should say on it something like, "if you have received this letter, but have recently sold or scrapped your car, ignore it...we print these notifications upto 6 weeks in advance" ;)
i didnt scrap it a lad bought the. Remains of it to scrap i think it was within the 6 weekz soo ill see cheers jen

No problem Belly ;)
I just hope they send off the bit of the V5 ^_^
...if you're still worried it may be worth calling/e-mailing the dvla to double check

Back