what did you do to your micra today ?

polybush must be more expensive than strongflex. i might going to get these bushes from strongflex so there is no point me for to get whiteline sway bars. what do you reckon?
I have standard with harder just higher spring rates. Love corners

Micra turbo... init

Hey guys, just got my second k11. 1L 02 tempest with 60k, only 500squid

Not what I've done today but what I've done recently is:

Debadged
Alloys,14" nissan 5 spoke, need smaller tyres but the 185/50 should do for the mo
Rev counter clocks
New mirrors from breakers
Swapped some coilpacks
Full service
Gear knob

Tried to replace stereo but something shorted and now it's buggered. Not retaining its 12v memory(if that makes sense) and the aerial seems to be screwed too. Any ideas? Not fuses...

Hey guys, just got my second k11. 1L 02 tempest with 60k, only 500squid

Not what I've done today but what I've done recently is:

Debadged
Alloys,14" nissan 5 spoke, need smaller tyres but the 185/50 should do for the mo
Rev counter clocks
New mirrors from breakers
Swapped some coilpacks
Full service
Gear knob

Tried to replace stereo but something shorted and now it's buggered. Not retaining its 12v memory(if that makes sense) and the aerial seems to be screwed too. Any ideas? Not fuses...

if you mean its just forgetting settings when the cars off then you need to either swap the two power wires at the back (permanent and switched) or run them both together, usually some instructions for this situation with the radio/if you look its spec up online. I had to do it on mine.

I've changed the stereo with a few different head units, different looms etc. think it's something to do with the wiring on the car. Unless that's what you were talking about...

Yeah kind of... The head unit in mine is wired up as per the instructions and was plug and play in my old corsa but in the micra I had to swap the power wires over to maintain its memory. Dunno if its the same problem you've got though

Got my panhard rod on :) sorry about the ****e pictures tho!

Will try get some better ones tomorrow if the weathers not ****e! still unsure if its 100% adjusted the way it should be but yea :)

Also got some more centre caps for my wheels in satin black and some 10mm spacers for the rear steels

547917_4440611334545_2056030590_n.jpg

On the bush front, I can recommend Strongflex having used them on my Cinquecento - they're a favourite on the Fiat crowd.

Today though, I put a black rising sun graphic on my filler flap and measured some Subaru seats to put in the Micra, I suffer from a rather bad back and find the Micra seats to be lacking in the lumbar region! As it's been rather miserable here I've not ventured out with a camera, but promise to do so soon.

Some of you might remember the green SR I bought and broke which was mckenzies then Shaun's. Before I bought it Shaun was trying to figure out why there was really bad vibrations when braking and changed a lot of things with no luck.

When I bought the car it had extended studs all round which I took and put on my car at the back and behold! Bad vibrations. I noticed this:

0F40839A-C1A2-425F-B16A-E076E2ED7A6E-8308-00000B3E904B01B5_zpsff2bbbd0.jpg

The 'neck' of the extended stud sticks out about 1mm give or take. Which meant the disc wasn't sitting on the hub but on the neck if the stud :O.

FC143859-E5BC-4DAE-967C-76A56C579854-8308-00000B3E9FADA030_zpsef16e201.jpg

Grind them down and hey presto!

So if anyone has/getting extended stud look out for this! It can be dangerous!!!

Some of you might remember the green SR I bought and broke which was mckenzies then Shaun's. Before I bought it Shaun was trying to figure out why there was really bad vibrations when braking and changed a lot of things with no luck.

When I bought the car it had extended studs all round which I took and put on my car at the back and behold! Bad vibrations. I noticed this:

0F40839A-C1A2-425F-B16A-E076E2ED7A6E-8308-00000B3E904B01B5_zpsff2bbbd0.jpg

The 'neck' of the extended stud sticks out about 1mm give or take. Which meant the disc wasn't sitting on the hub but on the neck if the stud :O.

FC143859-E5BC-4DAE-967C-76A56C579854-8308-00000B3E9FADA030_zpsef16e201.jpg

Grind them down and hey presto!

So if anyone has/getting extended stud look out for this! It can be dangerous!!!

Yup, theres a couple of people (including me) who had to modify the brake discs to suit the longer studs...there's a couple of posts on here about it already...but as you solved the problem with trial and error, id imagine you wont have searched for it, but yeah its worth knowing. :D

Yup, theres a couple of people (including me) who had to modify the brake discs to suit the longer studs...there's a couple of posts on here about it already...but as you solved the problem with trial and error, id imagine you wont have searched for it, but yeah its worth knowing. :D

Ooo I didn't know there was. Just solved it on my own. Did start with modifying the disc but it'd need that every time. This was permanent :). But nice to know people are safe :D

Ooo I didn't know there was. Just solved it on my own. Did start with modifying the disc but it'd need that every time. This was permanent :). But nice to know people are safe :D

I'm not 100% sure what you'd search to find it tbh...maybe a sticky disclaimer or something would be useful, so it stays where it can be found.

Yeah that's true i'll have to do each disc / drum when they need changing...just means its one more secret step in the servicing lol.

To make something a sticky in your own way all you need to do is type in something ridiculous at the end of your post that you'll remember and it should come up when you search for it?

Stripped rear and scrubbed it.. rust protector.
Removed exterior stickers
Decided ill keep it stripped!
Had a suss under the car to see my broken shift linkage.. but really new to this so its research time and back onto it tomorrow.

IMAG0081_zps8640ede8.jpg

sorted :) bit scratched but nothing major and look great :) just gotta get them working now. I already removed the abs light and replaced the backlight bulbs as they werent working, just power for the clock and rev counter to do when i look up how

Drove Rocky through some big ass puddles on the way to work (and nearly hugged a hedge) to test out the welding... got some pin holes... think i'll use works arc welder now, this is starting to get annoying, and then dip rocky in the zinc crucible we have :cool:

IMAG0081_zps8640ede8.jpg

sorted :) bit scratched but nothing major and look great :) just gotta get them working now. I already removed the abs light and replaced the backlight bulbs as they werent working, just power for the clock and rev counter to do when i look up how

If your old "window" is less scratched, it's very easy to take apart and swap over.

Sendt fra min GT-I8190 med Tapatalk2

I feel you man all my stickers are dead too :( It is however an excuse to buy more

Loving the giant Hoonigan sticker (at least that's what it looks like :p)
Haha yeah it is, but the snow got to that one to :( the "N" now look like "l l" so its all got to come off and buy some new ones

Weirdly, both my Micra Sports Club ones survived this year. The year before last when it fell to -18c, half of mine fell off :eek:.

:( i have no stickers :(
Well i have some tein ones from my suspension but theyre not that cool...

Bad weather took the laquer off my car instead

Fitted my 6x9 alpine type E speakers to my parcel shelf yesterday. Was battling to cut with only a hacksaw blade at first. Rang mother, got a jigsaw, got it done in like 20 mins... Sigh.

Also...
I was going to ad pics of my new Matt black grill but the forum won't let me :( looks sick. Resprayed the speaker grills and gave her a thorough valet. She's coming along nicely :)

Back