what did you do to your micra today ?

Well the oil light never come on and the engine sounded fine so when it all comes out tomorrow ill be checking everything over in hope that this is not the end lol and its that turbo oil return that i had to temporarily bodge until tomorrow. One more night was all that was needed haha

Honestly its not that hard but ive found when others who are inexperienced in mechanics they just cant take bolts out, always rounding them lol
Well I work in a garage so im not a complete noob. Lol I've got a week off in august hoping to do it then :),

if it is terminal, can't you swap engines?

Yeah but its finding another good engine, basically if its no good then back to n/a it goes and ill build a forged engine over the next year, just means no turbo micra at jae or mapping at the end of the month :(

Well the oil light never come on and the engine sounded fine so when it all comes out tomorrow ill be checking everything over in hope that this is not the end lol and its that turbo oil return that i had to temporarily bodge until tomorrow. One more night was all that was needed haha

Fingers crossed its nothing too serious.

Found out why it has been hard to start recently(much cranking and a coughing hesitant start with much black smoke).. A few months ago I had lost the tiny spring that goes between the dizzy and the cap, but got mixed answers when I asked about it on here... short answer is that you can drive temporarily without it, but there will be a lot of corrosion buildup. I cleaned the corrosion and used a spring from a pen. I'm hoping that the thickness of it doesn't really matter though. Started up with no problem :D

Replaced my old aging Nismo engine mounts for a fresh set of HOL items. The bush casings will immediately meet the scrap bin in favour of some machined 316L replacements ;)

Just spent the afternoon helping (mostly supervising :p) my dad change the Rear Offside wheel bearing
...thought while we had one wheel off i'd change them all around so I've now got my 195/45/r16's at the back and standard 185/50/r16's at the front...
horrific noise has now gone too of course! awesome! LOL

Went searching again for the right size socket to undo the panhard, ive got the bushes but cant get the bloomin bolt off! wouldnt mind but MOT is coming up and as it is the springs are j shaped and would be deemed unsafe :(
where did you get your bushes from? im replacing the panhard rod on my car and looks like im going to have to hacksaw the old bolts off

Collected my cga3 to be fitted as soon as I can :)
EDIT
temporary-14.jpg

temporary-15.jpg

Finally after months of saving for the parts/tools and waiting for the weather to be OK, fitted my Frankspeed mani, brand new CG13 cat and Peter Lloyd system, twas a pain to fit, but worth it :)

Had my windscreen replaced by the AA. Wiper arms got chewed getting them off so I had to sand them smooth and repaint the alloy bits :). Also fitted my K&N panel filter.

Fitted Heko wind deflectors, 8" active sub and cleaned up earth points & fitted a earthing kit. Car seems fresher & more urgent will have a gd look into possible swap also pulled dashboard out

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

I'm deffo painting the rocker cover, manifold needs to come off as its full of water :/

Defo worth checking out the bores for water ingress. A lot of these engines are left outside by idiot breakers and can end left standing with water in the cylinders.

My plan was remove manifold and plugs and turn over by hand I might do it on my dinner tomorrow as the engine is at work

My plan was remove manifold and plugs and turn over by hand I might do it on my dinner tomorrow as the engine is at work

Fingers crossed it'll be ok. My CGA3 had water in the cyls, not that it mattered in my case, as it was the base for a race engine, but when you're wanting a drop in engine, it's a bit different. It's still poor practice, especially when breakers are trying to command a price for an engine :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed it'll be ok. My CGA3 had water in the cyls, not that it mattered in my case, as it was the base for a race engine, but when you're wanting a drop in engine, it's a bit different. It's still poor practice, especially when breakers are trying to command a price for an engine :rolleyes:
i,ve had engines with a waterfilled/rusty bore too, the last one would only turn so far and hydrolock (got a good price reduction lol), short term wont hurt because the rings will scrape a light surface rust off, but going by that rusty crankface, i think i would lift the head and check first personally

Finally gave it a much needed cleaning inside and out.. Off for MOT in the morning, I know it's going to fail because of rust, but I haven't the equipment/experience to do it myself. Going to see what other failures there are before deciding it's fate.

Ok, so just got the call that I didn't want.. It's rusted out in the sills and they want an absurd amount to fix it... plus a list of other things that were not really problems, but usually end up on the list. He said the brakes were crooked and damaged, which is crap, since I can brake in a straight line without my hands on the wheel... also that one of the brake lines on the back was rusted, which I checked a few weeks ago and they looked fine. ...I hate going to mechanics :(

Ok, so just got the call that I didn't want.. It's rusted out in the sills and they want an absurd amount to fix it... plus a list of other things that were not really problems, but usually end up on the list. He said the brakes were crooked and damaged, which is crap, since I can brake in a straight line without my hands on the wheel... also that one of the brake lines on the back was rusted, which I checked a few weeks ago and they looked fine. ...I hate going to mechanics :(

I still laugh to this day when I got an MOT fail for excessively corroded rear brake lines that turned out to be a build up of mud on the pipe. I look it back, demanded a re-test and walked away with a pass shortly afterwards :rolleyes:

I've had nasty sill jobs done for not a lot on previous dailys, but the work has been quite a hack job.....just a plate slap welded on on and a gob of underseal sprayed over.

Enjoyed it :cool:. The K&N panel filter's made a MASSIVE difference - dunno if it's just diesels or if the standard filter was clogged solid but it's like night and day!

Enjoyed it :cool:. The K&N panel filter's made a MASSIVE difference - dunno if it's just diesels or if the standard filter was clogged solid but it's like night and day!

Diesels seem to respond really well to more air - if yours is a turbo (that might sound like a nooby question but I have no idea about micra Ds) you could probably get it mapped and get a real nice gain.

Cheers Belly, it is. To be honest Harlen I was going to get it tuned/mapped. Having driven it today I'm really not sure I'll bother - it really does feel quick and responsive :).

Discovered that my n/s/r shock is making a bid for freedom. Top of turret cracked all the way round :(. No job and no money, think scrapyard may be calling :(

Shame your not closer matey, i could have welded it up.

There must be someone on here whos local to you who can help who is local to you.

Cheers for the thought Rob. Its just how things are going at the moment, full weekend of toothache, emergency extraction today and now this.

Back