what did you do to your micra today ?

Drove through the snow in my mates corsa to the scrappy and got myself a new front wing for £12 :) Now gonna wait till i can feel my feet and fingers again before fitting the darn thing!

Oil + Filter Change, Removed the rear mid brake light and gave the windows a damn good clean! Previous owner must have smoked like a chimney as the rear window was coated in smoke/tobacco residue?

Also got a neutradol house air freshner thing sitting in the car to get rid of said previous owner smell...
Really need to get a log up for this micra to show how bad it was when i got it :p

Sanded back some bubbly paint and what was left of the rust after Kurust and whacked some primer on it, was near the drivers side strut. Got some on the arch that i put Kurust on but cant be arsed to repair it with filler etc just gonna get a new wing i reckon.

Had a go at sorting my very stiff throttle cable. Went a bit mental with WD40 and sat in the car pushing the accelerator for a few minutes. Hopefully it'll be a bit nicer to use tomorrow.

Yesterday: Cursed the snow and wind while removing everything from the top of the TB and found one source of my problems, a giant hole in the vacuum hose going to the back of the TB. Cut off the end and reconnected it. Tried again to start the engine, but no good. Too cold, too numb, and too dark so I gave up. Today: tried to start again, it wants to, but just dies. Pulled the plugs and checked the dizzy.. Buying new ones tomorrow. Putting the battery on slow charge tonight as it was a bit flat after multiple attemps at starting. Hoping for better luck and better weather tomorrow.
Rotor and points are pretty bad.. supposedly replaced only 20,000 Kms ago:
DzzyPntsRtrComp.jpg

And the now-slightly-repaired vacuum hose:
TBback.jpg

Yesterday: Cursed the snow and wind while removing everything from the top of the TB and found one source of my problems, a giant hole in the vacuum hose going to the back of the TB. Cut off the end and reconnected it. Tried again to start the engine, but no good. Too cold, too numb, and too dark so I gave up. Today: tried to start again, it wants to, but just dies. Pulled the plugs and checked the dizzy.. Buying new ones tomorrow. Putting the battery on slow charge tonight as it was a bit flat after multiple attemps at starting. Hoping for better luck and better weather tomorrow.
Rotor and points are pretty bad.. supposedly replaced only 20,000 Kms ago:
DzzyPntsRtrComp.jpg

And the now-slightly-repaired vacuum hose:
TBback.jpg

its recommended for those with normal distributers to occasionally wirebrush the white oxide off the dizzy cap & rotor (like with a dremel) to improve spark especially during cold starts. after wirebrushing measure the gap before determining if a new ones needed.

its recommended for those with normal distributers to occasionally wirebrush the white oxide off the dizzy cap & rotor (like with a dremel) to improve spark especially during cold starts. after wirebrushing measure the gap before determining if a new ones needed.
I've cleaned it up.. going to reinstall it tomorrow, but buying a new cap, rotor, and plugs anyway. According to the guy I bought it from, it had a major service at 177,000kms, and now has 197k... according to the paperwork all this was replaced, but it doesn't look like it's been changed in forever. I've never seen one with so much oxidation after 20k and not to mention the plugs had massive carbon buildup on them. I almost feel like pulling the head to get all this crap off the pistons and valves.. but the weather won't let me :/ I normally clean all this up at the same time I change the oil(about every 5k)

Pollyp fix it remedy...
"Whats wrong??"
"...this 'n' that..."
"ah, i know, Dremel it!"

problem solved :D

Maybe i should buy a dremel...

Only £40? Thats a steal! ebay? I got mine from the local scrappy and they cost me £130 with a new tyre and balancing...
Nah off a mate. They were in bad condition, brake dust, dirt etc. Cleaned them up with a toothbrush and cilit bang ;) and added tyres and had to rebore the centre as they are for vw's, so needed shaving 2mm, took them to a engineering company.

IT'S ALIVE!! mwuahahahah! Got everything put back together(in the rain and snow) and turned the key... and again.. and again... after all that work it was flooded again! :( Tried the fuel pump fuse trick.. turned the key.. sputter sputter sputter.. rev up a bit.. sputter.. dead.. put in the fuse again and turned the key... started up like nothing was wrong at all! :D Went for a test drive.. no stuttering, no stalling, just nice smooth acceleration.

Perfect weather for repair work:
snowy.jpg

Today? Spaced the rear wheels out 5mm, Not much but with the thickness of the alloys i have if i went any wider i'd need longer bolts... the nuts have about 2mm spare thread like this even!

Radiator flush + new coolant.
Changed Fuel Filter.
Washed car.

Productive day really :p All the servicing and repair work done i can get round to actually modding it now!!

WDIDT ?
wrecked a set of 1.3 pistons (sorry glen :oops:)
dropped them into caustic soda to clean them, and melted the little-ends away ! (must be some sort of whitemetal insert in them :()

Attachments

• SDC13426.JPG
    SDC13426.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 273
Replaced brake hose retaining clip that I've been running without for too long:oops: and sorted n/s headlight that wasnt working:) I can stop eating carrots now!

Replaced brake hose retaining clip that I've been running without for too long:oops: and sorted n/s headlight that wasnt working:) I can stop eating carrots now!

Keep eating them just in case it breaks again! My lighs have been a nightmare recently haha, carrots ftw :p

Sprayed some carb cleaner in the throttle body through the mesh then ragged it around the block. Shes off into a garage tomorrow to get the oil leak sorted.

changed oil+filter,replaced the dead n/s front side light bulb,topped up coolant(should've flushed really) filled with petrol,quick valet in the morning, then for an interesting drive to Battle in the morning:eek:

WDIDT ?
wrecked a set of 1.3 pistons (sorry glen :oops:)
dropped them into caustic soda to clean them, and melted the little-ends away ! (must be some sort of whitemetal insert in them :()

jesus frank, id be scared of putting my fingers in that solution, or anything else for that matter, must be seriously strong to do that :s

aye, it bubbled like a volcano scott, and melted the plasic container lol :D i thought i had started a nuclear reaction :eek: the skirts cleaned up great, but there were bits of moulten spatter on the crowns

Took her to the garage to get the oil leak looked at. I now know how a mother feels when she first hands her baby over to nursery/school!

Brought her back from the garage with an oil leak that hasnt been fixed. Gotta take it back in on tuesday cause he thinks its coming from the crank case -__-

Also nice vid!

Brought her back from the garage with an oil leak that hasnt been fixed. Gotta take it back in on tuesday cause he thinks its coming from the crank case -__-

Also nice vid!

Funny, mine never leaked oil.. then i took it to a garage and had the clutch changed, now its always leaking somewhere... i dont like garages.

Funny, mine never leaked oil.. then i took it to a garage and had the clutch changed, now its always leaking somewhere... i dont like garages.

Hmm well i got recommended to this garage by someone from RetroRides. Thing is he said it'll probably be around £200/300 cause when you take all that apart you might as well replace the clutch. Erm what?! My clutch is fine!

Back