what did you do to your micra today ?

Spent 4 hours stripping interior trim and shampooing it all in the bath amazing how much crap came outa the 11 year old carpet, now she's looking and smelling clean :)
Mental aint it? I did similar with mine! Crazy how much crap can accumulate.

Today I;
DE BUMP STRIPPED. Yes it is in capitals because it was a -bad word- of a job. But its done. :)
Washed the car and done a wee bit of black plastic renovation!

Next job will be fitting dials when they arrive.

Future plan is look into new wheels!

Mental aint it? I did similar with mine! Crazy how much crap can accumulate.

Today I;
DE BUMP STRIPPED. Yes it is in capitals because it was a -bad word- of a job. But its done. :)
Washed the car and done a wee bit of black plastic renovation!

Next job will be fitting dials when they arrive.

Future plan is look into new wheels!

Do the dials with revs on fit straight in or do you need extra wires? Once again something i wanna do lol

Some fit on exact, some dont. Apologies for the vague answer but ive not got the dials to confirm with ya yet :p Hopefully some of the more experienced guys can help ya a bit more :)

You on about the digital display ones you've bought? Mine plugged straight in no problems, took it off till I get the mileage to match the new rev speedo mileage

You on about the digital display ones you've bought? Mine plugged straight in no problems, took it off till I get the mileage to match the new rev speedo mileage

I dont necessarily mean the digital ones, just mine has no revs on it and i want to fit one that does... not sure if the existing connections will do it or if i'll need to run more wires to the ecu or something... tbh im only likely to do it if its basically plug 'n' play as i dont have time to fuss with it all

if your car has digital mileage, facelift k11, then ones with rev counter with digital mileage will fit and work. early k11 ones with mechanical speedo drive where the milage ticks round on tumblers require wiring for a rev counter swap

if your car has digital mileage, facelift k11, then ones with rev counter with digital mileage will fit and work. early k11 ones with mechanical speedo drive where the milage ticks round on tumblers require wiring for a rev counter swap
early and late ones are not interchangeable though

joys... although i prefer the look of prefacelift so still glad i got the older one. Just old dials + signal wire yeah? Thats gonna be some searching! Ive only seen maybe 1 micra in the flesh that was old as mine and had revs...

yep, early one needed and would have to run a signal wire IIRC
aye, a little jump wire down by the ecu eh hoopdub :)
WDIDT ?
bought some spares for my steed :cool: thanks again raaines (there,s an engine on the passenger floor too lol)

SDC13446.JPG

Fitted the lambda purchased from frank. What a bugger on for such a simple job, but its all in and so far the cars giving a pending on the fault...so fingers crossed its just making sure its fixed before it gives the all clear.

The maf fault also turned out to be nothing more than a bad connection on the plug :D

Fitted my rev counter! :D Was a nice simple plug n play, so no hassles at all. Only issue is my miles have dropped from 110k to 27k...

yesterday me and my brother drove my micra 60 miles north. then we BOTH drove micras 60 miles south :) he got himself a wee 1.0 k11 inspiration.
today we got rid of the awful inspration decals + the micra badge
he has a big ginger beard and he shall call his car 'kitty' (hello kitty tax disk holder on it when he bouht it) lol

i lost my locking wheel nut just as i was about to 'slam it' :(

hate it when that happens. i once had a dumb moment to leave mine still on the wheel, forgot to torque up the nuts after tidying away, thought hmm wheels vibrating abit, turned out the wheelnuts were loosening then realised DOH the locking tool i left on had dropped off some road.

had to grind a notch to loosen em with a spanner then spend another £40 on new ones

Received the members pack and got straight outside to whack the stickers on :)
fba0449d.jpg

5b8bcb8c.jpg

And also a quick peek of the interior more to do yet when I get more spray :)
83807aff.jpg

Seen as its sunny as been mental rain going to give her a wash and wax :)

That's pretty cool Frank how much work to get them to fit?

WDID: test sprayed one of the wheels black, 1, to see if I want them black and 2, to see how much sanding will be involved to get them looking smooth

522e2397-b366-246f.jpg

522e2397-b374-1b24.jpg

522e2397-b37e-e953.jpg

Needs a fair bit of work :)
522e2397-b399-1219.jpg

Im currently sanding my grille to be painted. Always seems like a good idea painting something untill you start sanding and realise how **** it is.

Also got some paint for my rocker cover, anyone know where i can get new gaskets?

mine was the same could only get radio 4 and classic with the cheap stereo i got, now I get to many to choose from after spending few quid

I've got 2 sony's and 2 kenwood's to choose from.... ended up using a cheap sony

Wedid... Gave the car a once over with the hose, now it looks like someone cleaned it lol

Got bored and wanted to see what red oxide would look like

522e2397-2692-7f50.jpg

522e2397-26a3-6906.jpg

Came out orange.... Really not liking black or red (ok orange)

Any suggestions??

white ftw karl :)
WDIDT ?
cut some more off the front arches (65mm or 2.5 inches cut away now) i,ll see if they suit for a couple of days then cut the new wings (probably a bit less than this)

SDC13463.JPG

the old frontend was damaged and reworked anyway eh karl :) this was how it looked after i had pulled it back into shape enough to drive it home lol, i.ve been waiting for an APO colour breaker to turn up since i bought the car

SDC11049.JPG

Back