what did you do to your micra today ?

removed the squab and back of the rear seat,side parcel shelf support and the rear side panel this is so i could fit the boot release and fuel flap release cable ,all i need to do now is to mod the release handle so i can fit it as i dont want to drill a large hole in the inner sill for the lever return spring to sit in, it would be about a 32mm hole that is needed ,the mod i am doing is to move the spring from one side to the other side thus giving me a flat side up against the sill.

I'm taking mine for a little bit of welding at lunchtime and then MOT this afternoon. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how she gets on.

Rubbish, went to pull the car out of the garage to take it round to the test centre and my dad has gone to work with both sets of keys!! ffs (i know i can't complain, free use of a garage) but it must have been the only time in 5 years that he has taken my mum to work and used her car with the spare key with spare garage key!

Any whooo, try again tomorrow!

WDIDT?

Turned on the lights....

and "BUZZZZZ" goes my console.... lights all over the place WTF? On sidelight the lights worked but the whole thing buzzed and the fullbeam light was on dimly in the cabin, then on normal beam the fullbeam light was on but one headlight was normal and one on sidelight, same if i switch to actual fullbeam, one on full, one side...

The problem? Having opened up to check the connection i found the drivers side headlight connection has cracked, melted from contact, then corroded and caused a very bad connection... a quick clean and refit fixed the issue of buzzing and odd lights but it adds to the list of bits for my next trip to the scrappy... This is my second wierd lighting fault in only a few months... My car dislikes having working eyes.

And nice hot engine bay air to boot...

I know there's little to no performance increase but im really tempted just for the easy bit of extra sound. And as for hot air it will obviously be pointing away from the block but i was thinking of maybe making some form of sheild to guard it from the block.

Also whats the extra pipe for that leads to nothing coming out of the airbox? Theres one that goes near the headlight then another coming from that right near the airbox that just ends....

Another thing while im at it haha :laugh:, is this the correct almera to get an airbox from?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Al...arParts_SM&hash=item58905b9829#ht_1308wt_1163

Cheers (Y)

I know there's little to no performance increase but im really tempted just for the easy bit of extra sound. And as for hot air it will obviously be pointing away from the block but i was thinking of maybe making some form of sheild to guard it from the block.

Also whats the extra pipe for that leads to nothing coming out of the airbox? Theres one that goes near the headlight then another coming from that right near the airbox that just ends....

Another thing while im at it haha :laugh:, is this the correct almera to get an airbox from?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Al...arParts_SM&hash=item58905b9829#ht_1308wt_1163

Cheers (Y)

The one that just ends is a resonance tube, meant to make smoother airflow and less noise somehow i think... I removed that whole pipe though and run a bigger tube to behind the front grill. Plenty of induction noise from that and no hot air either :)

The one that just ends is a resonance tube, meant to make smoother airflow and less noise somehow i think... I removed that whole pipe though and run a bigger tube to behind the front grill. Plenty of induction noise from that and no hot air either :)

Yeah was also thinking this, just i have no idea where to get suitable bendy tubing from haha!

Yeah was also thinking this, just i have no idea where to get suitable bendy tubing from haha!

Whatever you do dont get it from halfords, mines split in about 100 places and looks more like a slinky now! Its more duct tape than tube i think now lol, im gonna upgrade to proper tubing nicked from other cars when im next at the scrappy :) Depending how big a tube you wanna use an old hoover may supply some bendy tubing actually... just its not much different in size to original so no real gain and you probably wont hear much more induction noise...

Already done the 1.0 to 1.3 conversion on my grey facelift Micra, retained the 1.0 gearbox/fly/pulley and installed a N15 1.4 clutch, the clutch works great, plug & play.

Installed PAS but it had a bent pump pulley, so i changed the pump, but it wont fit properly, i discovered that there are 2 types of PAS systems on pre-facelifts (from where i took mine), one with a conical connection near the pressure sensor and the other dont, the one that doesnt have that connection has a pump that you can take the puley removing one nut, on other one the pulley its welded. Besides that, the pump brackets are different, you must install the correct one so the pump align with the belt. Oh, and facelifts have some differences too, the top of the pump bolts on the intake manifold (thats why facelifts intake manifold have that "ear" on the left side) instead of bolting near the water pump, smaller pumps, the facelift1 has a pipe to cool the oil and the facelift2 doesnt.

Only have two issues, a exhaust stud the will break as soon as i unbolt the nut (and its leaking) and i have some oil on top of the pistons, not always on the same ones. Its nothing major, but its not right for me...

Filled with gas. :doh:
Washed. (Y)
Changed left side headlight bulb. (Y)
Checked speedo cable.... Broken. :(
Duct taped rear moustache. Both screw taps broken. :(
Removed and cleaned washer nozzles (or whatever they're called). One broke during removal. Glued and fixed. (Y)
Unplugged lambda sensor. Car now seems to have stopped going up and down on idle, and has seemingly also stopped hopping and bouncing when driving slowly. WIN! :p (Y) :laugh: Will see how it works on a longer drive tomorrow.

WDID got a Green Ticket!! although they aren't green anymore. doesn't seem quite as meaningful

Another Micra saved and back on the road.

photo-40.jpg

sorry, didnt mean it to sound patronising. i can nock up a guide for it, will do it when i get a spare few mins one night this week if that helps :D

I'd appreciate this too, I may rework the whole thing at the same time as im getting fed up of one or other of my lights spazzing out when i need it!

sorry, didnt mean it to sound patronising. i can nock up a guide for it, will do it when i get a spare few mins one night this week if that helps :D

No worries mate :) id just like to be able to run xenons, but apparently ill be okay with 55w ones? Also one of my spotlights is out any ideas how to fix it?

started colour coding the grey trim pieces, the bumper trims dont match so when the misses has got week off i shall take both bumpers off and do the whole bumper to match but door handles turned out beautiful colour match was good pics to follow :D
9475b552.jpg
3100249f.jpg
2115d41d.jpg
6e5f258a.jpg
a40f154d.jpg
c6925915.jpg
6f9ddab7.jpg
339a5810.jpg
9976e623.jpg
ba954d8e.jpg
0a4cc8fa.jpg

You have my sympathy SuperLS, when it was new mine would brim with about £36 worth of unleaded - it takes £52 now :mad:.

Hmm what would happen if i chopped the end off that? Act as two intake pipes thus increasing airflow no?

Ive heard of it being tried but the gain if there was any was so small they didnt notice it, it may even be the case that the resonance thing works and the increased airflow isnt enough to offset the screwed up resonance after... Either way its probably easier to scrap it and do a new air feed than muck about trying to tune the existing one for basically no gain. Least i thought it was hence mine is now gone :p

Ive heard of it being tried but the gain if there was any was so small they didnt notice it, it may even be the case that the resonance thing works and the increased airflow isnt enough to offset the screwed up resonance after... Either way its probably easier to scrap it and do a new air feed than muck about trying to tune the existing one for basically no gain. Least i thought it was hence mine is now gone :p

Not really fussed about bhp gain but a little more noise would be good! And chopping the end off a useless pipe is no bother! What exactly is 'reasonance'?

Not really fussed about bhp gain but a little more noise would be good! And chopping the end off a useless pipe is no bother!

Ah well noise wise i dunno what that would do really, but if you want lots of noise removing the whole lot works! For a while i just had a mushroom filter directly on the t/b and it sounded great! Got rid of it though as on the motorway it just took in hot air from the engine and lost power :( less noise now

Ah well noise wise i dunno what that would do really, but if you want lots of noise removing the whole lot works! For a while i just had a mushroom filter directly on the t/b and it sounded great! Got rid of it though as on the motorway it just took in hot air from the engine and lost power :( less noise now

Yeah this is why i decided not to drill my airbox due to the hot air around the block

Hmm what would happen if i chopped the end off that? Act as two intake pipes thus increasing airflow no?

Google helmholtz resonator for how it works, you can also have one on your exhaust too.

Just stick a trumpet in your airbox for discreet power and nice induction when you really floor it

Picture068.jpg

Wish I had your Micra and mechanical knowledge frank :) just picked the Micra up from garage no more horrible noise, wishbone was the problem as old cv joint was fine but fitted new one anyway as had the part :) just installed the rev speedo and it has 83k on it so olds one back in till I reach the new speedo mileage :)

underlay is easy on the knee,s eh :) and blazing (sub zero) sun all day :)
measured the combustion chambers in the weldfilled 2mm skimmed head with a syringe and perspex sheet, and worked out the C/R too............14:1 :eek:

SDC13417.JPG

It looks like a summers day down in the midlands, my lawn is covered in snow, brrr

Mine too! Hull was chilly today! Had good fun drifting round the corners on the private road at work though :) car handles nicely with snow on the ground... none of that bouncing and juddering from the squidgy stock suspension!

Took my drivers side doorcard off after lots of being cold and confused (and actually kept the swearing to a minimum surprisingly) to have a look at the locking mechanism as its playing up. Didn't manage to solve anything as half of it i cant even see as its inside the door.

Also went to test my new jack out by looking for my oil leak but it got dark. Anyone tell me a decent jacking point for the front of a k11?! Looked in the manual and it said on the sill on the lip but i ended up just bending the lip!, So i had to do it just inside the lip, however i didnt dare jack it up very high as it didn't look too safe...

Back