what did you do to your micra today ?

the matiz spring is tapered tho joe (smaller at the bottom)

ahh, there may be some way around that i guess (with some fiddling)
otherwise i guess it's also possible to trim the stock bumpstops a bit and go with the original idea, either way im gonna be bending something as with the increased travel (on either set up) i'd be eating the plastic trim over bumps!

ooh also while i was at the garage today i was nattering about engine swaps and the guy there reckoned he'd help me out cheap if it wasnt too big a job... are the 1 and 1.3 ecu the same? So just changing the actual lump would be fine?

back wid da air ride :)
20121107_202138.jpg

I finally got around to building up the bottom end of the corsa piston engine after it had 3mm skimmed off the face

IMAG0345.jpg

Before
IMAG0325.jpg

Hopefully I'll finish it off tomorrow. Damn this working for a living getting in the way of my fun :(

Yep, already marked up the timing chain cover, might see if I can get it on the miller tomorrow. Good shout on the dowells I forgot all about them

Damn my mot :(

Exhaust leaked so already replace it today (centre pipe and rear box)

Both headlights are aim too low so will sort it out tomo morning

Near side wheel is too low so need to replace another good second hand tyre.

I hope tomo will sort it :)

Fitted brake cooling ducts and ducting, re-fitted the sump guard, wired up a switch to be able to manually switch on the rad fan.

Got to sort the wiring, fixings and lamps for our HID Carbon Fibre lampod :)

Had to shorten the lower timing chain after the block skimmed 3mm (micra piston), took out one link but now the chain is to tight :( so tomorrow will see the tensioner getting modified a bit

Had to shorten the lower timing chain after the block skimmed 3mm (micra piston), took out one link but now the chain is to tight :( so tomorrow will see the tensioner getting modified a bit
i thought you had read my blogs, 5 minute job that slackens the lower chain, and tightens the upper one :) i left the small tensioner off too, (depending on how worn the chains are)

idler.jpg

I have missed guy, where has he been for ages?

aye where ya been mate :)

i thought you had read my blogs, 5 minute job that slackens the lower chain, and tightens the upper one :) i left the small tensioner off too, (depending on how worn the chains are)

View attachment 21203

aye where ya been mate :)

Yep I've read it and lowerd the idler but it's still to tight, but Ive looked at the tensioner and it doesn't go all the way in so it will get modified slightly.

Still here dudes. Found a Nikon photography forum so I've been 'cheating' for a bit :oops: :D.

pics as promised

modified tensioner on left, standard right

IMAG0350-1.jpg

modified item goes much further back :)

and fitted

IMAG0351-1.jpg

nice tight chain but there was no way i could get the smaller tensioner in, i even had to file down its mounting point for give a bit more clerance

Some road testing, adjusted the rear ARB, rust treated the sills and rear arches and applied 4 coats of black spray paint, removed lots of trim (over 5kgs), put together the lamp pod, just got the wiring to finish.

Off to The Rover Centre on Tuesday to get the hydraulic handbrake and biad valve plumbed in.

Once that is done and the lamp pod is wired up we are all set for Sunday's Carfax Stages :)

Back