what did you do to your micra today ?

Noticed surface rust on edges of my steels! :eek:

Getting them off tomorrow for a sanding back, quick primer and a coat or two of black paint just to get them protected from this horrid weather.

Soon to be replaced with my winter wheels anyway

Noticed surface rust on edges of my steels! :eek:

Getting them off tomorrow for a sanding back, quick primer and a coat or two of black paint just to get them protected from this horrid weather.

Soon to be replaced with my winter wheels anyway

That being said, I have the tape, sand paper, primer and paint but now it's raining :rolleyes:

leak now fixed, New O ring was the solution :)

also i finally got chance to plug in in my wideband O2 gauge, im really impressed with how it responds. it should make the initial tuning much easier

Been doing something different today :D

IMAG0029.jpg

Been trying to get the paint off all day, nitromorse worked ok in the end.. im going to either take it back to bare metal and polish it, or take it back to bare metal and make it rusty over time :)

Been doing something different today :D

Been trying to get the paint off all day, nitromorse worked ok in the end.. im going to either take it back to bare metal and polish it, or take it back to bare metal and make it rusty over time :)

If you're going for the rat look bonnet I found this:
"need to sand/angle grind the top layer off so its realy shiny, nothing worse than thinkn it will rust with the galvanise still on. then when its proper proper shiny get some vinegar, lemon juice n salt, in a squirty bottle, spray on n wait. if you have grinded the surface enough it should literaly rust overnite. i found just salty water gives a good rust as the lemon and vinegar make it soooooo fast it doesnt rust enough in some places, just very very light creating a surface barrier for more rust to actualy bed in, it will then come off in the rain. but be prepared to wait longer and apply a good few doses"

Different? ;)
rustybonnet_01.jpg
rustybonnet_04.jpg
32055110946_large.jpg
rust.jpg

If you're going for the rat look bonnet I found this:
"need to sand/angle grind the top layer off so its realy shiny, nothing worse than thinkn it will rust with the galvanise still on. then when its proper proper shiny get some vinegar, lemon juice n salt, in a squirty bottle, spray on n wait. if you have grinded the surface enough it should literaly rust overnite. i found just salty water gives a good rust as the lemon and vinegar make it soooooo fast it doesnt rust enough in some places, just very very light creating a surface barrier for more rust to actualy bed in, it will then come off in the rain. but be prepared to wait longer and apply a good few doses"

Different? ;)
rustybonnet_01.jpg
rustybonnet_04.jpg
32055110946_large.jpg
rust.jpg
Lol itl be a fun different then, change of plan, il get it sorted tomorrow ayit

Put in another order with Nathan at Japex Trading, this time for a set of Aspect FRP front arches.
Just speaking to him to try and find some parts myself. Do you know a site any where with some common imports parts? I have just asked some very broad questions as to what wide boy parts I can get and k11 cabriolet.

Made a start on my rusty/rat bonnet today :)

The rest of the car is staying ''clean'' just done this for a while :D

522378_3986179374030_1566742_n.jpg

Have you looked into how youre gonna seal it once its covered? I heard some dubbers use varnish over the top? I'm fascianted by the whole rat thing :) especially as my micra has waay too many dents and scratches to ever be "clean" :p haha

Today, I made tries of colors for my alloys :

Green :
vertc.jpg

yellow
jauneg.jpg

:confused: yes i'm useless ^^

I also tried to remove the glue on the passenger door, but I've only made that in 2 hours :
dscf2525j.jpg

quote: I also tried to remove the glue on the passenger door, but I've only made that in 2 hours

I tried that too first, it was so frustrating job to do. Luckily I had few other paint/rust issues so I just used eccentric grinder after all...it was kinda liberating :)

Just got back from having 4 new tyres fitted. Went for Yokohama Bluearth as they're 2 classes better for fuel economy, one class better for wet grip and 4db quieter than the bridgestone B391 tyres it came with :).

Dougyledds said:
:O

Also got some new bulbs

HIDs? I trust you bought the kit and got the ballast boxes too :p

Edit: they just seem to be Xenon 55w, my bad

I use 100w Xenon and they're pretty good but get very hot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

flung in hoopdubs 30k OG facelift susp,true traumaa back up to speed on these wreckout rds where new cars are failing mot on broken springs,,,,,
20121117_161800.jpg

,removed these.still in perfect condition,,,,,,adjust for any size
20121117_154733.jpg

20121117_154757.jpg

20121117_154826.jpg

20121117_154812.jpg

Go head son air it out,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back