what did you do to your micra today ?

Been trying to take some photos with Android 4.2's new "photo sphere" feature.

This is by no means perfect, but the best I can get for now! But one thing's for sure, this is one badass feature!

sHlMc.jpg

Also noticed my passenger footwell was wet yesterday! So off came the wipers and scuttle panel, used some sealant round the small vent things. Hopefully no more drips!

Corsa coils and choppers on the back, sorted!

was it as much hassle as ive heard to do corsa coilies? im thinking of getting the lower spring seat dropped on the stock shocks instead, just 20 quid for the welding at my garage... should sit with approx 1mm arch gap on the front after lol

was it as much hassle as ive heard to do corsa coilies? im thinking of getting the lower spring seat dropped on the stock shocks instead, just 20 quid for the welding at my garage... should sit with approx 1mm arch gap on the front after lol
Na its easy tbf, even tho i had a fair bit of help lol

Na its easy tbf, even tho i had a fair bit of help lol

Well thats alright then! might start looking see if i can find a cheap set then, probably safer than what im doing atm lol, its basically so i dont end up with bitchin' negative rake when i chop the back springs for the corsa shocks ive fitted...

That would leave it riding on the bumpstops joe ! You need a shorter leg if you want any suspension travel

That would leave it riding on the bumpstops joe ! You need a shorter leg if you want any suspension travel

Lucky i havent got it done yet then! Thats one thing i hadnt managed to check yet coz i'd need the strut off to check where the bumpstops were cutting in. I know i can get another few mm grinding the boltholes a bit but if what you say with the bumpstops is right (and knowing you its spot on :p ) then im pretty much stuck on the stock fronts!

Lucky i havent got it done yet then! Thats one thing i hadnt managed to check yet coz i'd need the strut off to check where the bumpstops were cutting in. I know i can get another few mm grinding the boltholes a bit but if what you say with the bumpstops is right (and knowing you its spot on :p ) then im pretty much stuck on the stock fronts!
the stock leg has about 4" of travel when the car is on the ground eh joe, so my alto springs leave about 2" of travel before contact with the bumpstops guess, matiz legs are about 2" shorter to start with :)

Wdid......I fitted new radiator mounts and fitted primera radiator, cut up and flipped alternator bracket for better clearance from turbo, also fitted Cam belt and other gubbins so engine isn't balancing on jack on the driveway :D

Gunna attempt fitting electric fuel pump and wiring over weekend.... Then all that's left is make a radiator hose and find a new belt to fit alternator then it's time to start it!!

Thats just mental mate. I have no idea how younger drivers can afford that sort of money
i can just afford it mate paying out 100 a week for insurance alone and im only 19 on minimum wage and an apprentice mechanic so job doesnt help either

edit 100 a week is near enough half my weekly wage :(

I really feel for you mate, thats just plain nasty!!
How the hell are youngsters meant to save to move out, pay rent or just have a life when insurance is that high!!

no i havent tryed i tryd sky and it was going to be more than my renewal quote :/ i may ring and have a try and even price up a 1.4 conversion price :) reckon it would help?

£5000? Bonkers even considering paying.

I paid £1200 when I was 19.
Now I'm paying £680 being just 21. And my renewal was £550 fully comp mods declared.

Adding my parents as a named driver took off shy of a grand.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Like i said theres no harm done if its not as good. How many miles do you do a year?
not sure i aint been driving a year yet i had the car since may and it had just under 80000 on now it got 85000 on the clock
£5000? Bonkers even considering paying.

I paid £1200 when I was 19.
Now I'm paying £680 being just 21. And my renewal was £550 fully comp mods declared.

Adding my parents as a named driver took off shy of a grand.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner
i dont have my parents on or anything just on my own policy was on my mams multi car but went up nearly a gran wen she left it, and iv only been driving since may lads :/

Well say 8000-10000 yearly miles, if you commute i think thats a big chunk of money to be honest. I have a van so sometimes i dont use the car for days!

i cant afford insurance on the van and dont think the boss would let me use a van for commutting, or id use it instead of the micra for my trip to work, i shal price up with other insurers and see what my renewal quote is like

i cant afford insurance on the van and dont think the boss would let me use a van for commutting, or id use it instead of the micra for my trip to work, i shal price up with other insurers and see what my renewal quote is like

Thats where im lucky, works van so free insurance and uts written into my contract that i must have a van to and from work ;)

Atleast try a quote with the lowering and let me know

WDID ? cut the 90 deg bend off the latest TD05, and bashed some chequer-plate into a ram-air/GA16 panel filter housing thingy (and had it welded on :)

PB050289.JPG
PB050299.JPG

nice one Frank, so does this work well then? I was looking into ram pipes for turbos but got put off the idea about the claims that theyre useless under 100mph. Something about the engine using more air than what will flow into the duct.

nice one Frank, so does this work well then? I was looking into ram pipes for turbos but got put off the idea about the claims that theyre useless under 100mph. Something about the engine using more air than what will flow into the duct.
i doubt if they make much difference really matt, there is sure to be some negative pressure at the entry to the compressor tho eh (especially with the 90deg bend and a cone filter) so if i can supply 1psi @ 100 that,ll give me another 0.? secs on the 1/4 mile :)
i checked the boost gauge @70mph with the engine turned off yesterday :D

the stock leg has about 4" of travel when the car is on the ground eh joe, so my alto springs leave about 2" of travel before contact with the bumpstops guess, matiz legs are about 2" shorter to start with :)

Are matiz legs a straight swap frank? would i be able to put the micra springs on them? IF i can thatd be almost as cheap as the old plan and would actually work too!

Back