what did you do to your micra today ?

Just fitted new Sony stereo in my k11. But I could smell burning/melting wires look okay. I used leads rather then cutting into wires. The smell was the electric tape melting. Looked more at it and for some reason my stereo is really hot at the back. Does anyone have a idea why this could be and will it be safe?

Here's a surprise, one of my dogs was barking at the back gate about 30 minutes ago.
Went out to see what's on, young fella jumping up and down at my gate.
Who are you ??? I said - I want to buy your micra mate !!!!! o_O
OK I said, took him for a drive, he made an offer, I sold it to him....picking it up Saturday.
I'll be driving my wife's old 1.3 auto now. Funny old world:D
Wagonr+ next for me, another hidden gem like the Micra's.

Just fitted new Sony stereo in my k11. But I could smell burning/melting wires look okay. I used leads rather then cutting into wires. The smell was the electric tape melting. Looked more at it and for some reason my stereo is really hot at the back. Does anyone have a idea why this could be and will it be safe?
No....not safe at all, disconnect it immediatley .
To much voltage to your radio, and no fuse I'm guessing.
And insurance invalid if it burns out.

No....not safe at all, disconnect it immediatley .
To much voltage to your radio, and no fuse I'm guessing.
And insurance invalid if it burns out.
I've got a fuse on the stereo.

Just seems very strange as the old aftermarket stereo I had in has never got this hot

How big (?)
here's back of radio
image.png

Here's a surprise, one of my dogs was barking at the back gate about 30 minutes ago.
Went out to see what's on, young fella jumping up and down at my gate.
Who are you ??? I said - I want to buy your micra mate !!!!! o_O
OK I said, took him for a drive, he made an offer, I sold it to him....picking it up Saturday.
I'll be driving my wife's old 1.3 auto now. Funny old world:D
Wagonr+ next for me, another hidden gem like the Micra's.

Dislike!
Hope you're going to stick around on the forums.
(and you'll direct the new owner here)

Dislike!
Hope you're going to stick around on the forums.
(and you'll direct the new owner here)
Hello Max. Still got a micra buddy, the 1.3 auto my wife used to drive before I got her a Wagonr.
Love driving it, pokey little thing on getaway.
Yup will still be on here mate, fetching bits and pieces that people want, bit of a passion for me now that is.
I'm going to end up with a wagonr+ at some stage, but will always retain my interest in the Micra world.
I have mentioned the forum to the young 'un' he's an apprentice fitter and has a good passion for the Micra.
His mates are the usual Corsa, Golf, Civic clan so he stands out a bit, so good on him.
I've had 5 people after my black girl for a while now, and I'm happy with the auto.....so - take the bucks buddy.
Regards - davy.

Slightly worrying text from my mechanic who's working on the march - I dread to think they've found.

Not much else going on, as the text says, I'm on holiday!!
wp_ss_20160719_0002.png
WP_20160718_20_47_22_Pro.jpg

Alan wakeman.
1.3 LX built by Matt himself.
Was an MOT failure Matt took in, threw a handling kit on, and an intake.

Now used as an autotest car, and on some road rallies.
Competed against him yesterday at the Basingstoke Motor club autotest.
He came first in his class, and got overall fastest time of the day.

Very fast car and well driven.

Interesting. I tried waving at him in traffic to ask for his username but he thought I was trying to warn him of something up ahead...
Handy cross roundabout at the M40 junction.

Not often I see modified K11's so I did a double glance in my side mirror.

A few jobs, and really enjoyed the lower gearing the new Yoko's give (175/50 R13). Can't really say the speed I was at, but lets just say it was 'quick'. I am now thinking the 0.6mile straight at Hethel may get near the limiter in 5th!

Updated the blog - www.mattendean.co.uk

Umm well i didn't do anything Micra related and became a Volvo owner again. Trying to convince the parents to let my brother have my K11 as i want to keep it around as i'm quite fond of it (plus it's not worth anything being a Cat C write off, happened in like 2007 i think)

Got a tasty Volvo 850 T5 estate. 225HP 5-pot turbo motor :D For all of £180 so i couldn't really turn it down plus i've wanted one for a looong time. The way things are going with the K10, the Volvo will probably be taking me to JAE :'(

DSC_0339 (Large).JPG

Umm well i didn't do anything Micra related and became a Volvo owner again. Trying to convince the parents to let my brother have my K11 as i want to keep it around as i'm quite fond of it (plus it's not worth anything being a Cat C write off, happened in like 2007 i think)

Got a tasty Volvo 850 T5 estate. 225HP 5-pot turbo motor :D For all of £180 so i couldn't really turn it down plus i've wanted one for a looong time. The way things are going with the K10, the Volvo will probably be taking me to JAE :'(

View attachment 50139
Had a 760 turbo, good motors bud - enjoy.:D

Yesterday I had to try and pull out a dent in the part of Roof just above Drivers Door. Not sure how it got there but the Dog was awoken by a large Bang the other night after Kids were seen kicking Football's into our Yard.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Today I was involved in an accident that I think will see my little Katy off the road for good.

It was stop start traffic all the way up the A34 between Newbury and oxford. Just as it started to clear and we sped up again, there was another delay ahead. Myself and all the other cars in front slowed down, this BMW for whatever reason didn't, and hit me really quite hard, shunting me into an Audi in front.

I'm sad, as I loved this car, very pee'd off as I had to miss lyras grandparents golden wedding anniversary, and I'm also terrified about what my insurance are going to say.

But the import thing is no one was injured.

These things happen. :(

Attachments

• WP_20160729_17_40_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160729_17_40_05_Pro.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 292
  • WP_20160729_17_55_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160729_17_55_28_Pro.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 332
  • WP_20160729_17_55_38_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160729_17_55_38_Pro.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 295
  • WP_20160729_19_28_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160729_19_28_15_Pro.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 291
Today my Vibe failed the MoT with shot sills. (Sound familiar?)

Tomorrow will be spent doing some serious investigations and weighing up the choice of breaking for spares.

Rats.:(

Today I was involved in an accident that I think will see my little Katy off the road for good.

It was stop start traffic all the way up the A34 between Newbury and oxford. Just as it started to clear and we sped up again, there was another delay ahead. Myself and all the other cars in front slowed down, this BMW for whatever reason didn't, and hit me really quite hard, shunting me into an Audi in front.

I'm sad, as I loved this car, very pee'd off as I had to miss lyras grandparents golden wedding anniversary, and I'm also terrified about what my insurance are going to say.

Saw on FB, not good.
Reasons like this is why I keep a dash cam rolling whenever I drive.

81021c8de5f2fdd4fd1b85f91e2f000b.jpg
ed1152efda6a6e53368f803057020ca7.jpg

Changed the clutch (on my own on axle stands-never again)
Fitted the turbo and downpipe.
Tomorrow will be plumbing in the RRFPR and fitting the larger injectors.
Ordered all the pipe work from turbo to intercooler to TB which I'll fit next weekend.
Threaded the Allen key bolt in the head for my oil feed so will have to drill that out during the week.

'94 k11 dot 1.0
McGill Motorsport steering wheel
Mountney steering wheel boss kit
Side exit peashooter exhaust
Lowered on Kilen springs
Renault 5 GT turbo turbine wheels 13"
Nankang NS2R semi slicks on the front
Whiteline front arb (not fitted)
Idle control systems removed
Intake trumpet on throttle body
Micra SR clocks (green)
GT15 turbo to be fitted (waiting on rrfpr)

glad ur safe.
what a knob beemer not paying attention.
I hate those types of high-speed congestion where each driver in the domino effect suddenly slams on their brakes more & more.

although we know our cars can intentionally brake quite quickly, it's always tricky in congestion to balance between how much gap to leave and how much to brake in sudden stops.
brake too much = miss the car ahead but cars behind may hit you
brake too little = hit car ahead
too much gap = ppl push in
full audi/bmw mode = likely to crash

I always try to look miles ahead and at ppls brake lights through their windows

What I did with the Micra today ?

Put petrol in the back myself & Mrs in the front seats, drove to the airport & parked it up.

Away to Ibiza for two weeks Thompson Gold 4 star all-inclusive paid for with the money I save by running a cheapo chirpy chirpy cheap cheap Micra K11 that just keeps going for almost cost free motoring year after year. That’s what it was designed and built for. A means to an end, that’s what I call a K11 Micra result!

Quote;~ “The sky is blue and the party beach of San Antonio is waiting for you”

PS; She could sex it up a bit? Sure does beat messing about fixing cars, easier and cheaper to get one that just keeps going like my K11!

lookin good RYB :cool: you might need a restrictor/damper in the rrfpr vacuum pipe, i found that the fuel pressure shot up very quick when i opened the throttle, and the damper delayed it for a second or so and that gave the rpm a chance to raise before the high fueling kicked in

Well i've actually got something Micra related to say. Getting a K11 loom in the next few days and gonna try and get it fitted into the K10 so i can get it running for JAE. Should be fun as i've never really done any wiring like that before! Having fuel injection should be good though :)

Cheers for the heads up frank

'94 k11 dot 1.0
McGill Motorsport steering wheel
Mountney steering wheel boss kit
Side exit peashooter exhaust
Lowered on Kilen springs
Renault 5 GT turbo turbine wheels 13"
Nankang NS2R semi slicks on the front
Whiteline front arb (not fitted)
Idle control systems removed
Intake trumpet on throttle body
Micra SR clocks (green)
GT15 turbo to be fitted (waiting on rrfpr)

Turbo build looks fun :)

P.s. Does your signature area bit have to be so long? It's a pain when skimming through the forum!

Hoovered and cleaned inside but only wiped down outside with Demonshine because it wasnt too dirty. I feel like a lazy sod for not doing it properly but it wasn't that bad... honest :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Back