what did you do to your micra today ?

Most engines are tuned to produce a torque curve thats as flat as possible.
"Area under the curve" is what makes a car driveable and enjoyable.

My evo. Fast spooling turbo and holding 1.8bar boost from 2800rpm to 7500rpm = a car that is faster at accelerating than the same car with a bigger turbo at equal hp.

Torque is tractive effort...... a steam traction engine will pull a chieftain tank backwards on full throttle.... but have just 10hp... they do have thousands of ft/lbs of torque though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response on the Torque Qu. In the end the clio lot assumed I knew nothing of the relationship of torque n hp, I'm uneducatable pork and a tuna.. they all turned very sour.
When in fact everyone's just back up my point from the the get go

Their main response was "what's better 100% effort at 2000rpm or 75% effort at 6000rpm the 6000rpm because it's happening 3 times as much"

I disagreed. I said 85% effort at 6000rpm is better because torque matters
At 5252rpm torque and hp have crossed over and if we can maintain a fat n flat torque it'll drive much better than one where torque drops off

Apparently I wasn't understanding and above insults given
All this because 2 people were comparing a 2.0 redtop VX engine and a 1.6 Honda engine purely based on peak hp

My mr2 had 190bhp and 180ftlbs from 1500rpm.
The beams engined mr2 had 200bhp and 150ftlbs at 5600rpm.

The v6 mr2 will out accelerate the beams mr2 every single time. Due to torque.

My mr2 had 190bhp and 180ftlbs from 1500rpm.
The beams engined mr2 had 200bhp and 150ftlbs at 5600rpm.

The v6 mr2 will out accelerate the beams mr2 every single time. Due to torque.

Tell the clio lot that. You'll be wrong. 200hp is more so it's better

Same reason I prefer a GA to an SR.. torque is plentiful

I have a 1.3 Micra with 75hp and 76ft-lb of torque
I also have a Seat Arosa 1.4tdi with 75hp but 144ft-lb or torque

The Arosa will whoop the Micra in every situation despite the same hp. It's just such a better and nicer car to drive because of the torque it produces

The Arosa will whoop the Micra in every situation despite the same hp. It's just such a better and nicer car to drive because of the torque it produces
I cant believe this statement at all... lol

Buzzing these have arrived :)
1465398410089.jpg

Interesting. Just looked up the dyno for the bike. 67 torque and 130bhp and the rear wheel from 929c so not too short, reckon it would have enough torque to move a k11 around ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a look at OSF Brakes because wheel has been scraping as I drive. Took off wheel and the Wheel, Disc and Calliper were red hot. Because I need to use the Car for couple more days I've booked it in for exhaust Tuesday so I've asked them to have a look at brakes for Me.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Tried fitting an eject button on my old Blaupunkt Cassette player so bought a broken one from eBay for parts. Different model but a Nissan Blaupunkt all the same right? No. After much filing and careful test fitting it still didn't fit. Bugger.
8df451f5f0b96f898d0cab69fdd788b3.jpg
the Broken one from EBAY
7c41c83e4ec2b05596e9c4b513d3de7f.jpg
the type in my Micra.

Today is a momentous day, as I've finally got my damm insurance paid.

Its feels good to be back on the road and back with the msc.

Oh and for those who remember me I've still all of my toys/projects aswell as my nismo replica arches to make copies.
Hello again Chogy - welcome back. :)

That and the Saab conversion isn't new. I've seen one other in the Netherlands. That looked as understeer prone too.
Whilst I appreciate and congratulate your efforts
Every engine conversion like this is the same
Custom mounts
Custom shafts
Custom loom
Done
It's still a transverse in line 4cyl fwd..
Try a boxer or V. That's a challenge

I have no idea why it took me 100+ pages backwards on this thread but it did :/ and this is what I came to
Thanks for the comment am back this time with 4wd want to be Diffrent

Been a long time since I come back this time am taking this serious am going 4wd Micra k11 but on a new shell so wait for summer

That wasn't wat u seen its all been done again 4 months ago inside out, if weld was poor sure doing 150 mph plus will end up falling arpart

It needed doing

You're talking about 4WD. Been there. Done it
You're thinking of modifying the chassis. Doesn't matter how good your welding might be. If you've no engineering principles it'll flop

Washed Car and received another Micra Radio. I plugged it in and a number 7. With full stop came up and it wouldn't let me press anything. Is this broken too?
919713a6ab713a86fbbb8f02cd10e676.jpg

Why not just get an aftermarket stereo?
The Car had one in when I bought it but I don't like them. I'm one of those that like a Car to be as close to original as possible. It has a Cassette Player from a 1995 Primera in at the moment but it's missing it's eject button which is a nuisance at worst but I can live with it fine if this new one won't work. I prefer the cassette player because I Don't have to spend loads on a radio with MP3 connections because I've bought one of those tapes on a wire for £2.

The Car had one in when I bought it but I don't like them. I'm one of those that like a Car to be as close to original as possible. It has a Cassette Player from a 1995 Primera in at the moment but it's missing it's eject button which is a nuisance at worst but I can live with it fine if this new one won't work. I prefer the cassette player because I Don't have to spend loads on a radio with MP3 connections because I've bought one of those tapes on a wire for £2.

I've got one of the original radio's here somewhere.
All working when I took it out the missus's car.

I've got one of the original radio's here somewhere.
All working when I took it out the missus's car.
I think this will work but I don't know what the Number 7 means. I know you can get the codes from EBalls so that isn't a problem. If I can't get this one working I may be interested in yours if you want rid. :)

1466531009234.jpg

Good on you mate to try and keep your Micra to OEM! The Micra in it's original form especially the interior trim and audio system is quite rare. I must admit I have altered my 2003 1.4 SE+ slightly mostly under the bonnet but nothing that cannot be reverted back to OEM. I have also upgraded my 1997 Nissan March FHK11 but only to optional extras that were available at the time the three exceptions are the headlight clusters to UK spec 2002 colour coded units and the rear light clusters to 2003 JDM Nissan March AK11 Kouki units! Also the walnut fascia's!
Andy B-)
1466530960592.jpg

Last edited:
Interior walnut central console! B-) View attachment 49598
I like your Car. I like how you painted the instrument cluster and the walnut dash looks spot on. I tried the Same thing on My MK4 Fiesta but the walnut look didn't suit the Zetec trim. When I were younger I used to like the idea of modifying my Car, That's why I have the spare Blaupunkt, I put an aftermarket CD player in my P10 Primera because I thought the cassette player was a bit rubbish but now I'm thankful I hung on to it.

It needed doing

You're talking about 4WD. Been there. Done it
You're thinking of modifying the chassis. Doesn't matter how good your welding might be. If you've no engineering principles it'll flop
You have been there it time for me too go there and do it, u can't judge without seeing my welds and seeing my build.

Back