what did you do to your micra today ?

7a9827889ef6c50f61866359b2c9a4cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8f0212729c133c83ea1b5c71eebd7591.jpg

Went to Halfords and picked up some supplies, I used a full can of White Primer on the panel, then some 1200 Grit wet and dry, made it all smooth then added Paint.

a5bab6e4e1d35fefc65285202f984f77.jpg

I put 2 runs in it and got too giddy trying to rub them out too quick so caused ripples. I have used 1 and half cans of paint. I shall wait a day or so for the paint to harden a little before sanding the ripples with the 1200 but I think I did ok for a first go. It looks better than rust anyway.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Took the dash out in the K11 today ready for a pre face dash to go back in. Wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be.
I can't get the steering wheel off either, the two torx screws that hold the air bag in have been chewed up and i'm not sure how to remove them. Also look at the state of that pollen filter! Yuk!

Attachments

• IMG_1351 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1351 (Large).JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1353 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1353 (Large).JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 232
Took the 1.3 GX in for an MOT and the b*****d failed >.<

OSR rear sill corrosion. Forgot to check both sills and only checked the NSR darn it. At least it didn't fail in the newly replaced cross member though.

In for some welding next week and hopefully through. Now I'm forced to drive the turbo K11 as a second car.........oh what a shame! :rolleyes:

Today I took my rear spacers off and put my steels back on, while doing so I noticed that while I was "Jacking the car up" on the drivers rear the car was not going up, turns out the sill was going up, into the car, so that's a slight problem...:oops: 13262070_10209507025223127_1922995980_o.jpg

I also replaced my speedo sender thing in the gear box, turns out it had snapped the speedo gear was a right pain in the ass to get back out, but its out and the one off my old 1l box took its place :D

Today I took my rear spacers off and put my steels back on, while doing so I noticed that while I was "Jacking the car up" on the drivers rear the car was not going up, turns out the sill was going up, into the car, so that's a slight problem...:oops:View attachment 49140

I also replaced my speedo sender thing in the gear box, turns out it had snapped the speedo gear was a right pain in the ass to get back out, but its out and the one off my old 1l box took its place :D
Oh dear. Hope it's not too bad. I always jack under the suspension as even though my sills are fine they just can't handle the stress of being jacked.

Dislocated my little finger polishing it. Got it stuck in the bonnet vent. You know one of those urrgh moments when you look at it and think, that's not right. Didn't get chance to take a photo as I had to put it back in place to finish polishing. Lol. Bloody hurt though.
Good thing is you have 9 other fingers lol! :D

Today I took my rear spacers off and put my steels back on, while doing so I noticed that while I was "Jacking the car up" on the drivers rear the car was not going up, turns out the sill was going up, into the car, so that's a slight problem...:oops:View attachment 49140

Past experience dictates always use the specified jack points, I learnt the hard way by jacking up my old Toyota Hi-lux Surf result straight through the sills and chassis! o_O

Past experience dictates always use the specified jack points, I learnt the hard way by jacking up my old Toyota Hi-lux Surf result straight through the sills and chassis! o_O

I was using the Micra jack, but the sill just got so rotten that the jacking point gave way, taking the rest of the rear sill with it, I ended up getting my 2 ton jack under the rear arm and the standard jack in the center of the sill to support it and lift it enough :(

Oh dear. Hope it's not too bad. I always jack under the suspension as even though my sills are fine they just can't handle the stress of being jacked.

I would have jacked it up under the rear bush mount first, but my 2 ton mini jack does not lift it high enough, and I don't trust the standard jack on said arm

My 1.0 K11 is going 90MPH when the speedo says 100 so I dunno if it'd be a true 115MPH... I know at 100MPH indicated mine is absolutely flat out no more go. That said maybe yours isn't stock.

Back