what did you do to your micra today ?

Is this something we can do at home?

me and dad done mine on my drive way, its located down on the right of the engine and is a 10mm bolt, you gotta tight the cable then tighten the bolt iirc, then you can tighten the cable under the pedal too which is also 10mm i think, i watched him do it because i had no idea haha

I started the boring job of chipping of sound deadening from the floor....

What's everyone done to fill the little holes under the deadening?

Attachments

• 1420758991134.jpg
    1420758991134.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 338
I started the boring job of chipping of sound deadening from the floor....

What's everyone done to fill the little holes under the deadening?

get a heat gun and a paint scraper you can do the whole car in half hour. i used some auto silicon sealent it worked really well. make sure you get all the holes tho, no one likes a damp patch on the carpet

get a heat gun and a paint scraper you can do the whole car in half hour. i used some auto silicon sealent it worked really well. make sure you get all the holes tho, no one likes a damp patch on the carpet

People had mentioned heating, but chipping I find is a lot cleaner (less gunk stunk everywhere :p) will grab some sealant and get them bunged, no worry about carpets in mine, they were binned ages ago

Dad is outside currently fitting the sump guard and adjusting the coilovers for an extra inch or so :)
43d62cd24e8bf5056f30d9a1115178b1.jpg

It's all starting to come together now, nearly there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WDID ?
temporary refitted the TD04 mani, so that i can fit an an expansion chamber where the yellow arrow is (to improve the sound)

P1060439.JPG.jpg

and here,s a comparison pic of the TD04 and T15 turbines :)

P1110455.JPG

and we stretched the holes of those audi s/s flanges too (with a mandrel) to give a more oval shape
hoping to get some s/s tube on wed, and bend the primaries into shape

P1110451.JPG

WDID ?
temporary refitted the TD04 mani, so that i can fit an an expansion chamber where the yellow arrow is (to improve the sound)

View attachment 39406

and here,s a comparison pic of the TD04 and T15 turbines :)

View attachment 39407

and we stretched the holes of those audi s/s flanges too (with a mandrel) to give a more oval shape
hoping to get some s/s tube on wed, and bend the primaries into shape

View attachment 39408
expansion chamber fitted :) fingers crossed for a nice tone

P1120458.JPG

Fitted blue LEDs in the dash off the site recommended on here...forget the name of the UK site.

Anyway, it looks nice, hard to see the needles at night though, and my rev gauge has gone all mad. It seems to rev up okay, but settles back down to 1k, then 2k, then 3k, every time i rev until it's eventually up sitting at 5k. It'll stay there until I kill the ign, when it makes a ticking sound and go back down to zero.

Anyone know what might be the cause?

Fitted blue LEDs in the dash off the site recommended on here...forget the name of the UK site.

Anyway, it looks nice, hard to see the needles at night though, and my rev gauge has gone all mad. It seems to rev up okay, but settles back down to 1k, then 2k, then 3k, every time i rev until it's eventually up sitting at 5k. It'll stay there until I kill the ign, when it makes a ticking sound and go back down to zero.

Anyone know what might be the cause?
Take the cover off and see if its become loose on the spindle, if so stick it back on, the needle sits on a spindle which may be the ticking you're hearing as it clicks back to zero with gravity.

i was sorting out black boxes full of rubbish with water pissing all down my leg earlier, rather have snow that rain -.-

BUT

custom wooden gear knob mk2, alot better than the tiny mk1 which cracked and got replaced with [HASHTAG]#rare[/HASHTAG] japanese ting, proper chuffed with this! made from canadian maple with a purple rosewood ring on top, bolt in the bottom for the thread this time instead of just using the wood, sorted!

Attachments

• 10934417_10203427974292314_894144411_n.jpg
    10934417_10203427974292314_894144411_n.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 336
Got goodies in the post

€200 Delivered TuningArt Corsa B Coilovers from Germany thru eBay. Haven't a sods notion how they're fitted though...I'll have a look at the weekend!

On a side note, why I'm never reusing a steel head gasket again:

Uhhhh well that was lucky.
Decided put some allen bolts in the cam cover rather than those rusty phillips.
Took the cam cover off while I was at it to see if I could find the cause of the rough sound of my engine in the last few days(it's always had a small tap but this was rough).
Chain looks fine, cams are held in tight, checked clearances before.. Ahhh the cam sprocket bolt is very loose and the sprocket can be moved:(
Quite worrying that this was torqued up before too, guess I'll have to keep an eye on this one!:eek:

Last edited:
Uhhhh well that was lucky.
Decided put some allen bolts in the cam cover rather than those rusty phillips.
Took the cam cover off while I was at it to see if I could find the cause of the rough sound of my engine in the last few days(it's always had a small tap but this was rough).
Chain looks fine, cams are held in tight, checked clearances before.. Ahhh the cam sprocket bolt is very loose and the sprocket can be moved:(
Quite worrying that this was torqued up before too, guess I'll have to keep an eye on this one!:eek:

happened to me too, sounded like a tappy diesel.
felt sick of such error, was this >< close to major damage

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-67#post-537568

dsc07384-jpg.38079

i was sorting out black boxes full of rubbish with water pissing all down my leg earlier, rather have snow that rain -.-

BUT

custom wooden gear knob mk2, alot better than the tiny mk1 which cracked and got replaced with [HASHTAG]#rare[/HASHTAG] japanese ting, proper chuffed with this! made from canadian maple with a purple rosewood ring on top, bolt in the bottom for the thread this time instead of just using the wood, sorted!
That is one fine looking hnob. I'm thinking of making a wooden knob also. Thinking of sticking a threaded brass or steel pipe in the middle of the wood to screw it on. Thought a bold would not be enough to hold the pressure if knob is long. Does it feel ok in your case?

That is one fine looking hnob. I'm thinking of making a wooden knob also. Thinking of sticking a threaded brass or steel pipe in the middle of the wood to screw it on. Thought a bold would not be enough to hold the pressure if knob is long. Does it feel ok in your case?

havent got it yet, the bloke making it said need to leave it until weekend the let the glue settle and the varnish etc to dry, bolt should be enough i reckon!

Insured and taxed Micra No 2 and took it out for a spin. Micra No 1 will be now be off the road for a while whilst engine swap No 3 takes place.

The 1.3 does pull well (bog standard) compared with the tuned up 1.0L but the handling is crazy/scary as standard

Back