what did you do to your micra today ?

Auto welding masks are ace, one tool i won't go back without again!

WDIDT? Push a micra.... Into scrutineering had a chat to **** Mauger who is running the car. Now drinking rum punch, and getting ready for King of the Hill tomorrow.

BocDgAeIUAEqqP-.jpg

When I got my welder I used the flat pack mask for about 2 weeks then got an auto one for less than £30 new,

I dont like how when you dont have an auto one ( and especially if you're still learning) it so tempting to look round it and blink, specially on tacks and stuff where it could move so you need to hold it.
But with the auto its never an issue, worst its done is gone dark a couple of times when I werent welding but only a flash of dark not like stuck, think its probs from the glow when cooling, suppose there's uv coming off you cant see.

What's in your boot?

Challenge accepted...

IMG_20140525_165746_zps92f6b76d.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/IMG_20140525_165723_zps7f2a8399.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/IMG_20140525_165832_zps44ce5ea4.jpg

Okay, so I could totally get more in there :p

Usually looks like this by the way. ..
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/IMG_20140525_165912_zps593f543e.jpg
...and my stormtroopers live on the back seat with meerkatzio ;)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/IMG_20140525_170120_zpse51dd7cf.jpg

Wdidt? Usual weekly checks, oil level, washer fluid, tyre pressures ^_^

IMG_20140525_165405a_zps9d4ed549.jpg

Edit: I also cleaned all around the door jams and rear hatch (had gone a bit green again <_<

Last edited:
Cleaned the car after 360 miles to and from London! Got some cheap snow foam to try it out...
adagebud.jpg

Also pumped the flat tyre back up, see how it holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pile of browny-orange stuff, is that the crossmember?

"Comes with original parts, just needs putting back together..."

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

That pile of browny-orange stuff, is that the crossmember?

"Comes with original parts, just needs putting back together..."

No, the car was halfway through rolling a cigarette and the tobacco stash was just insane.. Everything was rusted, the seats had been on fire, the steering column was rusty, there were leaves inside

No, the car was halfway through rolling a cigarette and the tobacco stash was just insane.. Everything was rusted, the seats had been on fire, the steering column was rusty, there were leaves inside

Mind you, I'd drop tobacco everywhere if I had one eye, no hands and a smashed-in face...

WDIDT?

Started work on my other car(silver one SE+) which was standing since last year. After connecting to jump start there was no light coming to the dash board and thought that is but, replacing the battery with the one from the red one. It started on the first switch.

Removed the rear wheels to bring down axle and put up the one which was in the boot since last year. Broken a socket (the 19 mm one). Everything is badly tight and not moving at all. Wanted cut with a hack saw but bushes and bolts are too tough to be cut be hack saw!!! So I reverted to cutting the part of axle (see here)

Unfortunately the trailing arms that made by ..... are dogy and can not be used on the car. here is its condition.

Can some one tell me what size socket do I need to open inner plate of brake drum? (these bolts/screws) What is called? its not one regular hexagon one. Will the 12 point bi-hexagon work? if yes which size do I need?

Regards

Last edited:
made a friend at first day of work! saw the owner on the way back from going to dons, grumpy old woman ftw ;)

Attachments

• 10341675_10203099976994003_5050919403955245334_n.jpg
    10341675_10203099976994003_5050919403955245334_n.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 282
WDIDT?

Started work on my other car(silver one SE+) which was standing since last year. After connecting to jump start there was no light coming to the dash board and thought that is but, replacing the battery with the one from the red one. It started on the first switch.

Removed the rear wheels to bring down axle and put up the one which was in the boot since last year. Broken a socket (the 19 mm one). Everything is badly tight and not moving at all. Wanted cut with a hack saw but bushes and bolts are too tough to be cut be hack saw!!! So I reverted to cutting the part of axle (see here)

Unfortunately the trailing arms that made by ..... are dogy and can not be used on the car. here is its condition.

Can some one tell me what size socket do I need to open inner plate of brake drum? (these bolts/screws) What is called? its not one regular hexagon one. Will the 12 point bi-hexagon work? if yes which size do I need?

Regards

Get someone with grinder skills to cut off the bolt heads car body side only. then you can try to save the arms with bush meat intact. "TRY" being the main theme :)
I think last 5-6th page on pollyp k11 blog got more info

Get someone with grinder skills to cut off the bolt heads car body side only. then you can try to save the arms with bush meat intact. "TRY" being the main theme :)
I think last 5-6th page on pollyp k11 blog got more info

Yup...he cut the bolt out and used a modified sawblade to cut apart the metal insert and pulled out the bits...

Well there will be a glos/south west meet organised eventually, so keep an eye out. Chris's do in reading is nearer though

Back