what did you do to your micra today ?

With a correct setup in suspension I reckon you wouldn't need any anti roll bars in my opinion

Make one or convert the front one?
Can be down to short shocks or a stiff arb
Either way... 4 wheel contact is always best :)

4 wheel contact is our reason for removing the rear ARB. But yeah, we have set it up ourselves and many people have said it handles very good so I'm happy with that :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 wheel contact is our reason for removing the rear ARB. But yeah, we have set it up ourselves and many people have said it handles very good so I'm happy with that :D

Is the spax kit adjustable that you have?
There's your general handling and specifics. No one setup will suit everyone.
So what handles well for you may be poo for someone else.
We can only general changes etc to help guide people
Then you dive in on your specifics. One way to learn

Is the spax kit adjustable that you have?
There's your general handling and specifics. No one setup will suit everyone.
So what handles well for you may be poo for someone else.
We can only general changes etc to help guide people
Then you dive in on your specifics. One way to learn

Yeah coilovers front and dampers on the back. We always change the damping in the wet and dry.

£50 well spent... Good trailing arms. Now to get this axle done!

Attachments

• 1400240558835.jpg
    1400240558835.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 1400240569830.jpg
    1400240569830.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 1400240581332.jpg
    1400240581332.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 247
snow foamed and waxed, lowered again and put plates on, was sooooo tempted to take our rear springs to see what its like and how low it can get but wasnt stupid enough, maybe one day ill try it

What snow foam you got? I might get some soon.. Kind addicted to washing my car!

demon shine, £6 from motor panels shop, its alright, goes pretty quick though! dunno why but you always see people snow foam there car and get loads of pictures of it and it looks like its covered but whenever i do it, it doesnt look like its covered like everyone elses :(

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 263
  • snowfo.jpg
    snowfo.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 273
Lack of maintenance? Everytime i work on the car, i am checking for rust, and deal with anything that may lead to it.

WDIDT? - Picked up a flocked dash on my way back from a cross-country thrash from Wales :)

Tomorrow final Targa rally prep awaits, have to have her already by the end of tomorrow as we fly off to Barbados to do Media for rally Barbados next week :)

Lack of maintenance? Everytime i work on the car, i am checking for rust, and deal with anything that may lead to it.

WDIDT? - Picked up a flocked dash on my way back from a cross-country thrash from Wales :)

Tomorrow final Targa rally prep awaits, have to have her already by the end of tomorrow as we fly off to Barbados to do Media for rally Barbados next week :)

Yeah, not quite got used to full checks after every event.. They do happen though, and I discovered the welder who did my cage never protected the welds that burnt through the underseal of the car... Even though he 'definitely' did.

Last edited:
I was down in Southend (Saaaaaafend) yesterday for a funeral...and it's wall to wall K11s down there...never noticed before but they're everywhere...all colours, models and states of decay.....I think my brother was getting fed up of me pointing every one out to him though...shouting "Micra!"....

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

I was down in Southend (Saaaaaafend) yesterday for a funeral...and it's wall to wall K11s down there...never noticed before but they're everywhere...all colours, models and states of decay.....I think my brother was getting fed up of me pointing every one out to him though...shouting "Micra!"....

was there like a micra meet :)
I have a habit of micra spotting too and yeah alot of k11 have spawned up over recent years :cool:

I do something similar... Except I shout 'BEAST' haha!

Washed , ultimate gloss protection (twice, after taking the instructions too literally and applying more sparingly then i think it means :) ) and waxed now nice and shiny for a couple of days :) never used autoglym before but it does seem to be worth it and started trying to decide what colour to paint my centre caps :p

Good Points:
Fitted a new rear bumper with proper exhaust cut out, so no more nasty vibrations and melted plastic on the back box :)

Bad Points:
Snapped the turbine housing heat shield off :confused:

Spent a while sorting out my road going MGZR, seems the 1st lambda has died and it needs a new set of HT leads.

On the rally car :-

- Primed the oil system and run the engine up.
- Fitted the exhaust section which now has a flexi joint fitted. Bloody clamp joint fought me all the way though...
- Fitted the sump guard
- Covered up all the stickers (not allowed on targa rallies)
- Also looked how to fit the new flocked dash. I presum you can remove the upper part of the dash without removing the heater dials and controls etc...?

Car seems a bit quieter with the new flexi joint in it, hopefully that will be reflected on road.

I've removed second lambda senior from my car (after manifold), doesn't run rough but the management light comes in every now and then. Should I weld in a new boss and stick the second lambda sensor back on, or leave it be? I know people in the last have just left them off

I've removed second lambda senior from my car (after manifold), doesn't run rough but the management light comes in every now and then. Should I weld in a new boss and stick the second lambda sensor back on, or leave it be? I know people in the last have just left them off
are you cat-less alex ?

Yeah, welding to stainless will be fun :p

Does the extender just dilute the flow slightly?
i just arcwelded all my stainless stuff alex (mani and system) and the extender pulls the lambda out of the stream eh, so like you say it gets a stale/diluted flow that mimics the effect of the cat

I copped out and got a mate to do my rear brakes for me. I'm bloody glad I did, too: It took him nearly three hours! Probably not helped by the state of the old shoes:
20140517_145211_zpsdd4h9kfi.jpg

These were "New" about 18 months ago. I know this because I know the history of the car for the last 4 years, so they must have been FRIKKIN cheap linings for the de-lamination of the friction material from the shoe (separated lining on the right)!!
However, new Shoes, new Slave Cylinders, and I have back brakes that work!! Props to my mate Mat for giving up part of his day when he should have been working on his Moto-Guzzi.

....I think my brother was getting fed up of me pointing every one out to him though...shouting "Micra!"....

I do this constantly *facepalm*

Eg;

"....Ooooh, k11,
....oh look a k10,
.... hmmmm k12 Sr!
...blimey that's a nice k11c,
....wwowza, a prefacelift k10, don't see a lot of those anymore,
look, look over there quick....no over there! A k12 march..."

Etc...

....but I have no life, what's your excuse? :p

Back