what did you do to your micra today ?

What's it like now without the front anti roll bar bFrank? And do you have a rear one?
not sure yet matt, i,ll suck it and see :grinning:, bluey had no a/r/b,s from stock and seemed to handle ok, and i still maintain that you lose some traction in the wet with a/r/b,s (the rear was cut off when i bought the car :))

Is that a home made system or what Frank? I really miss people keeping seperate threads, it's so easy to miss things in this mish mash thread :(
its one i bought a few weeks back 1275 (mov had it custom made originally iirc)

You do loose some traction in the wet with ARBs in terms of understeer, most people unhook them if it starts pooring on a circuit.

I met up on a windy hillside with some other like minded souls. A very pleasent time was had. Pics later when I'm not on my phone.

I met up on a windy hillside with some other like minded souls. A very pleasent time was had. Pics later when I'm not on my phone.

How good was the turnout? I'm so annoyed that I couldn't make it, especially since I had enough cash to hand to make it there as of 30 minutes ago grr

personally poor turn out! I was late due to the time being arranged very late last night hence i was aiming for about 12-1 ish and when i got there a few people were there although the weather was miserable! although everyone left about half an hour after i got there! ! and just disappeared

very disapointed

Oh dear, doesn't sound like it was very good then :(. Always the Midlands meet to look forward to next month though, eh? As long as the weather holds up

You do loose some traction in the wet with ARBs in terms of understeer, most people unhook them if it starts pooring on a circuit.

What would be a good basic setup, a/r/b wise, if it was permanent? So you want good front-end traction in both wet or dry, with decent rear-end traction for both wet and dry.

Did a quick no thrill spray of the wheels. Barely bothered to clean them...

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

And then did a bit of work on this idea I've had for a while...
attachment.php

Contemplated other phrases or symbols (of course you would) but decided I don't want to get rammed off the road. Needs to be tinted slightly to hide the words in daylight and then I can wire it up to a special switch... within easy reach! Figure it's my best option atm as I don't have the money or skills to do any decent engine mods/replacement. :grinning:

Is that a home made system or what Frank? I really miss people keeping seperate threads, it's so easy to miss things in this mish mash thread :(

:laugh:mish mash thread,,,,,,,,i had a feeling about that too ?
click whats new or new articles+view all todays posts

I love that "Back Off!", DG, it's so cool :grinning:

Thanks. Hope it'll keep the white vans and MkIV golfs off the back of me. Or at least get a laugh.

I understand but I like the idea of this thread (genius frank). Quick and simple should it be.

Here you go
02d9210f-b77c-5de2.jpg

02d9210f-b797-6060.jpg

02d9210f-b7ab-dc8e.jpg

I think it's interesting that while over the years most cars have gotten much bigger fiestas, beemers, minis etc but the lancer seems to be exactly the same as the evo 9! Over 20 years between them, although I'd imagine evo x would be allot bigger

Today i was ment to put the body kit on, but can't find my trunks and goggles so it's been rained off! Thinking I might repaint it with rattle cans as I'm not convinced the chalkboard paint will stay on long in this weather

I need this in my life such a shame I don't have the money for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear coilivers fitted :) had it slammed right to the floor then remembered we have English roads and where I live there a speed hump every ten yards. Did look good tho. Next on list is to sort wheels out, either banded steelies (anyone got any for sale?) or..... Well I don't know yet keep changing my mind

Pics when I get to a working computer

Rear coilivers fitted :) had it slammed right to the floor then remembered we have English roads and where I live there a speed hump every ten yards. Did look good tho. Next on list is to sort wheels out, either banded steelies (anyone got any for sale?) or..... Well I don't know yet keep changing my mind

Pics when I get to a working computer

Can't wait to see the pics mate, especially if you end up with banded steelies (Y)

Today on my Micra I broke some windscreens! grr

I am fixing up a red 3 door to sell. Was sure the windscreen was ok when I bought it but by the time the truck had brought it back to us it had a cracked front windscreen.
I'd never replaced one myself before so I thought I'd have a go!

Bought the removal kit for £20 and cut the damaged one out. Was straight forward to use, bit fiddly along the bottom edge but easy enough.

Then I cut the screen from a Micra I am scrapping. When I tried to lift it off the car it cracked! I hadnt gone all the way round with the cutter! D'oh!

Determined I was gonna change this windscreen today I stormed off to the local breakers, after being warned the windscreen would cost the same in one piece as it would in a thousand I CAREFULLY removed it. Carefully drove it back to the workshop, carefully cleaned off the old sealer and applied new stuff and carefully lifted it into position.

Started feeding the seal back in, passenger side fitted nicely, along the top no problem but couldnt get the seal to sit right at the end of the seal on the drivers side. Gave it a gentle hit with the palm of my hand and it popped in. I hapilly skipped off to get the stuff to clean the excess sealer away. On my return imagine my delight to discover a crack on the drivers side! Must have been when I tapped the seal in! grrgrrgrr

Lifted the screen back out. Gonna get a man in to do it tomorrow! What a waste of time/windscreens/expensive black sealer!

:laugh: aaaaaaaahh classic
you seen the vid where chuck norris saying him and bruce where close friends and he would never fight him for real
chuck norris was the world champ at the art

Nah, I haven't seen it. That would be like the ultimate face off, wouldn't it? Chuck Norris VS Bruce Lee (Y)

CHUCK NORRIS IS MY HOMEBOY

Just got lots of colour coding to do :( then I'll be happy, should hope it looks shiny took me 2 hours giving it a good polish just gota buy some t-cut and get the tiny scratches out near the key hole

I would love to have seen that fight. That would have been like the unstoppable force and the immovable object, I think. Or maybe a Mexican standoff?

fired some holes above the chassis rails where they tend to rot from the inside, and sprayed some engineoil/shutz mix in :) and sprayed some little nooks and crannies underneath that i missed last time

Attachments

• SDC12387.JPG
    SDC12387.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 414
Gave her another good clean inside and out - my front wheels where covered in so much ####e, I think I need to fork out for some Green Stuff pads when they need replacing :glare:. Spruced up the engine bay a bit, loads of mucky hand prints on the rocker cover from when I fitted my new fuel rail. Perfected my sub/amp setup, and started making a bracket for where the glovebox was to hold the second amp I will soon be buying (Y).

nice touch frank!
kilrok'd the radiator and matrix heat now burns my hand off, no hands left now :grinning:

DSC02061.jpg

had the dash and heater stuff off and found this stuff

DSC02066.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

DSC02069.jpg

konami FTW
DSC02159.jpg

hip you dont stop old school fool:laugh:
DSC02107.jpg

DSC02110.jpg

dark up- the winnig card! :grinning:
DSC02157.jpg

little love letters:laugh:
DSC02067.jpg

every time i put my hand out the cat try's to eat it :grinning:
DSC02201.jpg

overall this puts my sr in a league of its own untouchable :laugh::laugh:

It is amazing what you find in an old car :laugh:. I think my money find was the best (Y).

And your cat looks like he's on a hype :laugh:

true, only money i found was a 1 pound
the cats funny gives the lady a good bashing sometimes , cracks me the heck up big time!!!!

I think I found a total of £100ish in the course of modding my car, over like 3 months? I was stoked :laugh:. I always find money and stuff when mates have been in my car, normally £1 coins, silvers, and the odd note. Well, I told them the rule, as long as it's not a phone or MP3 player, once they're out of the car and I've driven off, it's mine :grinning:

Nah, Halford is not the way :glare:. There's Renault Clio (already made a bad start there), with the most ridiculous styling I've ever seen. It looks like he walked into Halfords, slapped a wodge of notes on the counter, and said "I'll take the lot". It looks so tacky :sick:

And yeah, I saw that :laugh:

yeh-man, one whack, bish-bosh dob done :laugh:

people should pay attention as the rear of the car has a damp problem for sure.(checked mine just now and found condensation)
the less stuff crammed in the more chance of it drying out

Fitted a desperately needed new number plate, and re-fitted an sr20 for good measure

Attachments

• IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    578.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    749.6 KB · Views: 307
fitted towbar.....easy peesy..............apart from electrics am stuck on :down:

can any one tell me where the 7 wires from the towbar cable go ...they are
yellow
blue
white
green
brown
red
black
what colours do i connect them into please as i cant find mea manual :down: again

cheers andy

fitted towbar.....easy peesy..............apart from electrics am stuck on :down:

can any one tell me where the 7 wires from the towbar cable go ...they are
yellow
blue
white
green
brown
red

what colours do i connect them into please as i cant find mea manual :down: again

cheers andy

I'm a towbar fitter dude is it single electrics or twin? I'm guessing single as you'll struggle pull a caravan lol
You didn't put black in your list so I have ;)

yellow left hand indicator
blue fog
white earth
green right hand indicator
brown sidelights right
Black sidelights left
red brake lights

I'm a towbar fitter dude is it single electrics or twin? I'm guessing single as you'll struggle pull a caravan lol
You didn't put black in your list so I have ;) black showes up in my post...i also put a me with a (a) on the end but for some stupid reason non payed members cant edit posts......i also had to buy a new ready wired plug as the 1 on the tow bar was broken,that also comes with the same list you have written below.

yellow left hand indicator= what colour
blue fog= ?

white earth= ?
green right hand indicator= ?
brown sidelights right= ?
Black sidelights left= ?
red brake lights
?

Back