Water Pumps - Who makes them for Nissan?

cj_uk

Site Supporter
Hi Guy's, I'm looking into changing the water pump on SWMBO's Micra, due to a high pitched whine that develops after a few miles, at tick over. I've already changed both drive belts and also just ran the PAS and water pump belt on its own and the noise is still there. Infact it also whines when you turn off the engine, just prior to when it stops turning. So, I guess it'll either be the water pump or the PAS pump. The car has covered 100K miles and its never been changed. Can anyone tell me who makes the water pump for Nissan, i.e.QH etc ? Many thanks

Would a Valeo pump be ok, I know Valeo supply parts for Land Rover Discovery's, I know because I buy Valeo parts of my TD5, but thats no testimony :)

nissan probably sourced from various suppliers over the years cj, i doubt if its the w/p bearing if there are no leaks tho

Circoli is a good and cheap brand. It's '£21 posted' from eBay. (The seller is euro car parts.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies guy's, much appreciated. I've ordered a Valeo pump, I know it might not be the issue but its either the wp or the PAS pump, so one first then the other :)

Sorry forgot to update this thread, the 'squeaking' noise when turning off the engine was definitely the water pump. When I removed the old one, I could feel high spots when turning the shaft, so probably the bearing. Replaced the pump and the car is really quiet now, so I guess it must have been on its way out for a while.

Back