Turbo Setup ==================

I don't no anyone who can do it, unless u know frank of anyone I'll travel
Check around bodyshops and local metal fabricators, TIG isn't that common as most people default to MIG or arc welders. Iirc Frank disassbled his wastegate actuator and fitted a softer spring which reduced the wastegate pressure. You'll have to use the search forum to find it though.

More problem today I got a tig welder man to do my sr20 rails and injectors done at 60 pounds am happy, but after chopping manifold and trying to chop and flange it, the turbo is way too big? And the cold side fits on top on alternator wiring side? So it's like stani micra turbo? What can I do ? Any smaller alternator wat will fit? Or longer belt with brackets ?

How can you lower the PSI on the turbo, would a turbo boost manual control Do this? Want to drop to minimum boost before rolling road session commences!

J

after chopping manifold and trying to chop and flange it, the turbo is way too big? And the cold side fits on top on alternator wiring side? So it's like stani micra turbo? What can I do ? Any smaller alternator wat will fit? Or longer belt with brackets ?

mine the same but i have brackets from a micra that had Air Con which raises the alternator higher and i know have clearance!!

J

First of all,if you pull the alternator back to clear the turbo etc do you have room to adjust and tighten it oppose to slacken it? and also if it does put your belt on as normal then measure roughly but you may need to cut the belt to do that and see how many inches the cut - to - cut is and go to the auto factors and tell them, they might have exactly what you need and job done!

J

post some pic,s up :) so we can see what the problem is
yma8ujas.jpg
hajejy2a.jpg

You can see the gap which I need belt for and bracket that's where I want my alternator to be so turbo fits

More problems try to put my turbo on and the turbo cold side is touching the dipstick block so can u cut it off a 1inch on block ? How will ? What do I use ?

Confused?!?

Is the turbo hitting the dipstick metal tube bit?
If so, you jus bend out the way, that's what I've done
If not, got a pic of the problem

Are you trying to say you need to cut 25mm off the dipstick tube because it fouls the compressor side of the turbo?

loooool you guys are jokers, look if you have to cut that F--KER out then do it not with a hammer and chisel or a nail filer, use a grinder you should be ok, otherwise leave as it is and go back to the drawing board, i leave it to your descretion..... grinder is your best friend right now!!

J

make sure you dont go grinding into the main blick, if its like the moulding part of the black then cut is nicely and smooth it out and make sure it has more clearance than needed this way you have space to jiggle it around to fit in and sorted!!, you should F-----G see how my turbo is fitted, you will vomit the amount of time and measurements thats gone in to it, not forgetting the intercooler i had to end up using!!! if you need an intercooler, i have a new one im looking to sell with custom made brackets aswell which fits at the front, takes literally 5 mins to fit solid!!

J

azzy have u tried inserting the dipstick pointing UP rather than forwards?
cutting the dipstick tube shorter, ur gonna affect the accuracy of the oil reading unless u adjust the stick itself too.

my turbo is laid out hung below the mani,
cold side towards radiator,
hot side towards alternator,
using aircon version alternator brackets which lifts the alternator higher up to clear the turbo elbow,
additional upper bracket to move the alternator clear of the turbo and held static,
using an aircon version belt tensioner between crank pulley & alternator to apply tension,
finally I had to test afew alternator belts to get the right length to fit correctly.

More problems try to put my turbo on and the turbo cold side is touching the dipstick block so can u cut it off a 1inch on block ? How will ? What do I use ?
you did,nt "test fit" it like i advised, before welding the flange and actuator mounts then mate ;)
and that exhaust elbow will have to be custom made eh

azzy have u tried inserting the dipstick pointing UP rather than forwards?
cutting the dipstick tube shorter, ur gonna affect the accuracy of the oil reading unless u adjust the stick itself too.

my turbo is laid out hung below the mani,
cold side towards radiator,
hot side towards alternator,
using aircon version alternator brackets which lifts the alternator higher up to clear the turbo elbow,
additional upper bracket to move the alternator clear of the turbo and held static,
using an aircon version belt tensioner between crank pulley & alternator to apply tension,
finally I had to test afew alternator belts to get the right length to fit correctly.
9yjubavu.jpg

Polly it's touching the block under the dipstick , it's my turbo housing plate which it hits that block needs 1 inch cut that's all polly, and my car is t reg no air con, I can pull alternator down and make bracket to fit? Then I need a custom longer bent?

you did,nt "test fit" it like i advised, before welding the flange and actuator mounts then mate ;)
and that exhaust elbow will have to be custom made eh
Thanks for telling me before frank I should have marked it with black ink rather then took a guess and welded it

i cant see any elbow flanges on ebay atm mate, there are some scooby elbow,s, but they point towards the bonnet tho :)
bonnet exit screamer maybe ? :cool:
and just bust that alloy webbing off eh, it does,nt do much
$(KGrHqMOKi8E4Mb7NSlsBOFUvK6t3!~~_35.JPG
380714_404018682962069_100000618213805_1227652_1182597011_n.jpg

Back