diy turbo setup ... possible?

i have been on ciscos site & i would like a turbo setup. i was thinking of a T2 so it would spool quickly & a pulsar IC modified to be FMIC. what i need to know is what to do, really to the detail, i got people who can help just need info etc.

shopping list.....

T2 turbo
pulsar intercooler
standard manifold cut & shut
custom exhaust & intake

is a dump valve necessary?

cheers for the info ps i want it cheap if you didn guess-lol

get yourself a manifold first, and if you dont know if you'll need a dump valve, you wont be able to create a setup on your own.

howmuch bost are ya gona run?? duno y youd want to use a GTI-R intercooler you can buy new more efficient ones off ebay for less..also iv been looking for a T2 for a freind with a mini and there nigh on imposible to find youd find a T25 easyer.. and give you more scope for power.. what you gona do for fueling???

ill admit i dont no much for figures etc i.e boost etc but not too much to start then turn it up as i go along.

the dump valve i dont no because i dont like them i want it silent so never learned bout them. i will be doing this with people who r mechanically minded etc i am an electrician but love cars so much! im gonna change job if poss when im time served as a spark.

well for ur questions ian i said pulsar 1 because i know its smallish n would work however i dont no bout efficiency etc n it would be cheap n easy to get. as for fueling i was gonna put primera fuel rail n injectors on n have micra pete set me up a new ecu if he would. if not piggy back or new emanage.

when will the T25 start boosting? i want it to spool quick.

sorry im so lost but this is y the thread was started so i can get help!

:D cheers ian for input.

K11SS said:
ill admit i dont no much for figures etc i.e boost etc but not too much to start then turn it up as i go along.

the dump valve i dont no because i dont like them i want it silent so never learned bout them. i will be doing this with people who r mechanically minded etc i am an electrician but love cars so much! im gonna change job if poss when im time served as a spark.

well for ur questions ian i said pulsar 1 because i know its smallish n would work however i dont no bout efficiency etc n it would be cheap n easy to get. as for fueling i was gonna put primera fuel rail n injectors on n have micra pete set me up a new ecu if he would. if not piggy back or new emanage.

when will the T25 start boosting? i want it to spool quick.

sorry im so lost but this is y the thread was started so i can get help!

:D cheers ian for input.

If you want a quiet dump valve go for a recirculating one that re-directs boost to infront of the turbo.. this is what the rally boys use as it saves wasting charged air..

the only problem with the pusar one is its very square and would need the ends modifiying to make it fit its not the best shape for a micra a long thin one that would sit in the bumper would be ideal..

fueling would need alot of messing like you said primera injectors could help and if pete is willing to do you a map then itll be worth it.. e-manage is okay but wont be able to controll alot of boost..

if you can fork out for a GT25R it will spool faster than an old T2 T2's are quite old so wont spool that much quicker than newer turbos with roller bearings and better designed inards it might be slower infact.. also your options would be limited as there power output wont be that good so once youve been bitten buy the power bug youll want more so in the ling run youll save money and time..

you've forgot about custom pistons or 2mm head gaskit

custom fuel rail

bigger injectors

bigger fuel pump

there is alot to do in a turbo setup and i recomend at least £7000 aside to make it last.

i want a set up like this.....

5435.jpg

ian do u mean this set up un the turbo?.....

GT25R-EXT.jpg

Pick up the Nissan collectors magazine or try and find pics of the 1.3 Turbo micra, very tidy, can easily see how the system is layed out. In the article in the mag mentions the bigger injectors from a 1.6 Almera and also they installed a 5th injector, but no 'custom' fuel rail, they never had custom pistons either though.

i'm pretty sure they would have had to lower the compression is some way...

maybe i'm wrong...

Hi going down the same route as you here but i got hold of a T3 from my mates renault5..

so far i have my old MR2 intercooler, T3 turbo + the manifold to match, some 440 injectors and the re-circulating dump valve from my old MR2..

this is gona be a very low cost system useing alot of mix n match parts from my old Turbo'd motors. And i believe i should be able to use the original manifold with a little work

only thing that is bothering me at the moment is the fueling so i may have to look into maybe fabricating a better fuel rail to fit my 440 injectors

i saw your post on ciscos site sappy n that is wat made me want it:D

also mr grassie's turbo set up was the same style n it worked well:D

red turbo micra runs a 2mm metal head gasket to lower compression. what power are you wanting?

this will help you in how much fuel your gonna need.

then 1.6 injectors and a better fuel pump, say walbro, matched with e manage would be fine i think

get a turbo running 6-7 psi boost for this also, then the standard internals won't need touching. and it'll run fine.

:)

sweet :D

i have been toldemanage wont be able to do th job. i asked micra pete if he would remap a standard ecu no reply yet tho.

cheers for the help dr zidberg :D

Back