Turbo Setup ==================

I'd like to see your blog, do you mind if you post me the link? Also will start at low boost as rob says when I get it all together than take it a step further!!! Also would I need to fit a Nistune board in my ECU to map the turbo?

Cheers

J

I have to recommend getting a nistune if you are being serious about this, I believe I maybe hold the record for melting pistons but that was years ago when I had unlimited money, lived with my dad, had no kids and couldn't give a **** about reliability and I enjoyed taking the car apart every weekend! BUT if your going to stick at it get a nistune and get over 130bhp under the bonnet and you won't be unhappy you listened :)

ok i seee a Nistune is safer for the turbo then? i just want a bolt on turbo and tuned by Ed, i need this car to br reliable and not letting me down i.e. head gaskets, blown pistons etc, i use it for work and places!! im not always heavy on the accelereator as id take it easy!! Yeah Right !!! when turbo kicks in its another story i guess loool.

so to mapp the car with Ed, is the Nistune board part of the price?

Cheers guys

J

Haha frank the bov is nice sound, what bhp is ur micra frank
this one should be audible :) and about 125 at a guess mate :)

P3080005_copy.jpg

it was only dyno,d once mate (before the mapping) 130hp
but its just down to what level of boost you run really, 5psi currently :)

yeh 130 bhp is ok for me. Do I need to map it for 130 ohh is it ok frank,
that depends how much spark retard you run mate (and on what fueling measures you make), if you pull the dizzy back 20 deg you will probably get away with half a bar of boost for short bursts no probs, but the car will drive crap off boost tho (it,ll pull like a 1.0, crap mpg and high exh temps)

Frank what can I do I have sr20det injectors and rail, td04l turbo and gona use 2.5inch piping, walbro pump, what do I do if I don't wana remap it ? Will it run daft or lumpy or blow pistons ? What psi will u say is ok ?

Frank what can I do I have sr20det injectors and rail, td04l turbo and gona use 2.5inch piping, walbro pump, what do I do if I don't wana remap it ? Will it run daft or lumpy or blow pistons ? What psi will u say is ok ?
yes, i blew a few pistons before the remap :)

Haha that's ok frank, can't I leave my td04 on and use a boost controller to lower it so I can start from 10psi and lower it to 5 psi ?

Back