Turbo primera project - start to finish in 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Well title says it all. A firend wanted his primera turboed. Its been on the cards for a while, I had a pile of pulsar turbo bits lying about and he found himself an intercooler and some pipework. The result after three days, a completed turbo car, running about 10 psi boost (according to a rather naff boost gauge).

Basically it went like this ~(clearly very simplified!)~: Friday fit new clutch.
Saturday start turbo conversion, cut bumper fit intercooler, and fit cold pipework for intercooler to intake manfold.
Sunday fit hot side to intercooler, fab up the exhaust downpipe and front section, fit oil feed lines.
Monday fit turbo, fit exhaust, fit bumper, fab oil return line, turn on check and then map.
Still needs some tweaking, but its really good fun to drive. It also put the new premesis to test, which with this recent weather would have otherwise made the job a horrid experience. Hopefully will get it on the dyno within the next week.

See some pics below:

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

excellent work Ed,

think you can front mount me an intercooler that quick ;)

Kev

I'm hoping for around 200 or so bhp, basically its running as low boost as I could get out of the turbo, we will go for more later.

Kev, you can probably get kits for your car in which case yes, easily.

The car dyno'ed 205bhp @ 6psi boost, (stock oem exhaust and cat still inplace) ill upload a graph later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back