• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Jabran's Micra Z turbo Project.

yeh i was thinking around there too. I have also seen and lm35 which will be better to display temps http://www.fisertek.it/images/lm35_600.jpg
it goes upin 0.1mV so on my voltmeter it will be like 0.1 is 1 deg 0.27 is 27 degress etc and is much easier to read but i don't know how i'll be able to seal it in the pipe without creating leaks. Any ideas?

Is the probe threaded? Probably the best way to do it is like a lamdba sensor, weld a nut to the pipie and screw the sensor in nige and tight.
Craig

the lm35 its like an ic

here
http://www.fisertek.it/images/lm35_600.jpg

but it will work better for me unless i can read the thermocouple directly to a voltmeter? i don't have too much experience with thermocuples. If the thermocouple can work with my voltmeter direct then it will be much easier as you say.

Thanks for the input craig.

I have got my rs232 usb cable and tested my JAW wideband as well which is working perfect. This sunday i am going to plug the wideband into my car and datalog the a/f along with tps,maf and once the emangage is in map as well. Well worth the £70 total including sensor the guy making them is going to stop have led displays in the new revision so if you want one now is the time to buy it as later on you will only have a bar graph display to see what the afr is whilst driving.

Jaw Widebadn pics etc

Got my RS232 cable and it worked first time no problems even done a little datalog on the pc with nothing connected and worked fine so seems good for fitting this and the emanage on sunday.

Hers the pictures

Mainbaord top view
DSC00049.jpg

Mainboard from below
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/jabran/DSC00050.jpg

Display Board above
DSC00051.jpg

Display Board Below
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/jabran/DSC00052-1.jpg

Oh and quickvid of what it looks like when it will be on (this is connected to my pcs 12v supply just to check it works and shows 14.7 when nothing is hooked up)

Tomorrow after uni I will have to make a case for it from some fibreglass and in and the display and will mount the main unit under the steering and the display will by stuck on the instrument cluster withd double sided tap for now as i will most likely be removing it to use on other cars in the future.

Jabran

Been very busy past few weeks so no updates been done.

Well since my old car had soo much rust all round and there was a car available that was not wanted by the previous owner as it had some engine problems which we fixed and so i now have a new micra same year and colour. The new engine which i had lying around is genuin 32k miles 1.0 auto engine (i know why a 1.0? it was free so not bothered and only took a few hrs from engine out to in)

The would actually be finished by now but since the other needed some windows and a few bits and bobs I never had anytime to work on the turbo part of it. I stripped the original car today of all the turbo bits and is now on its wy to the scrapyard in the next week or so. Next sunday all the turbo bits will go back on and will be fully running i.e will be boosting at 8psi and will get started on the mapping.

Tomorrow I am giving the car a good clean and fitting the E-Manage and a knock sensor will be wired to a 3.5mm jack to plug in the aux socket on my headunit.

I also have 15" enkei alloys which turns out today when fitting that the centre bore is too small :down: so I will try and sort them out somehow.

The end is near...

Wow I can't believe how close I am now to having a boosted micra.

A couple of pictures for as I know this thread is lacking them so expect way more pictures in the next few days.

My new alloys not fitted yet as I mentioned about the bore which is gonna be sorted tomorrow.
DSC00063.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

Got my E-mannage Gold hooked up, Any suggestion as to where I should mount it? Leave in th box but secure it down or hide it under the ecu bracket and have usb cable inside the Glove Box?
DSC00066.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

I'll have more pictures on Sunday when The turbo bits are all bolted back on the car and a few videos of it running as well.

what tyer size are thay?

thay look a bit rally..... mmmmmmm.
i think il have to back to my northen way and get a set of them. lol

Bad News:down: Someone rear ended my car while i was stopped today but he stopped and give his details, he had a nice h reg 325 as well. When he hit me from the back my car pushed forward and hit another car (was in a roundabout waiting in traffic) and that guy in front didnt stop?!.

This is a major set back in the project, but it will be back with super s front and rear bumpers and hopefully a full respray but dont know what colour to choose (any suggestions).

Hopefully I get a nice courtesy car to drive in. The car is definately a write off.

A very depressed jabran

change t6he bumpers.....get it sprayed white....have some fun!!..lol

Thats the plan bro, super s front and rear, open mount grill and a respray in a very nice red (white gets too dirty veyr quick lol).

@R504VCS

Yeh i was thinking of chucking it away and getting a super s but then thought all that money spent buying a new car when i can fix the current k11 for £150 for parts as all labour is done by me and my bro and the rest can go on proper parts.

small update even though it won't be possible to work on the car for atleast a month. Got this ram air pipe for the turbo in a swap for my induction filter as his integra had nothing but this pipe which is dangerous on his car imo.

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

Also If anyone has a drivers side headlight, and super s front and rear bumpers please let me know as I need those bits. I am at NW london so someone nearby would be excellent.

He has a dc2 integra and the little pod light for flash has removed and had this directly behind it so if any small rocks etc would be directly sucked into the inlet with nothing stopping it that includes rain water and other small things (birds, debris, small children etc). On my car this will be sitting behind the drivers headlight with a cold feed to it so there will be no risk of stones and water. A lot of turbo'd cars just use fine mesh on the intake of the turbo as to stop and stones etc flying in and reduces and restriction there maybe on the intake.

beast5.jpg

Turbine blades can rapidly wear with no filter. I would never do that on a road car.

Well i have heard they do, but i have seen turbos running like that for over 1 year so as long as mines last 1 year i'd be happy as T25 are dime a dozen but i get what your saying.

Also whilst you are here Ed I wanted ask your advice on relocating the maf sensor with an e-manage. I know you can do it but is it fine with and emanage and the micra? What maf do you recommend (sr20det?, rb26/rb25?) I want to put it in the pipe that feeds the turbos inlet or am I fine with the stock mafs postion?

Thanks

To move it is a good idea. Get a gtir one put it before the turbo that should work fine.

To move it is a good idea. Get a gtir one put it before the turbo that should work fine.

Thanks for the reply Ed.

Is there any benefit? to moving it, I would think it would have something to do with the compressed air from there turbo being seen by the stock MAF?

I am planning to have it tuned by the map sensor vs RPM in the additional injection map and where fuel needs removing the maf will be used for cruise and off boost as I hear stock nissan have rich fueling. So would relocating the maf have any benefit now? as the map sensor will be used for the majority of tuning.

Jabran

You can stick to the stock one. However disconnect the lambda sensor once you get the car up and running or youll never get close to a good fuel map.

You can stick to the stock one. However disconnect the lambda sensor once you get the car up and running or youll never get close to a good fuel map.

Thanks for the reply Ed, appreciate it. I was planning to disconnect the stock lambdas connection to the stock ecu so that way the lambda will heat up and act like normal and not cause it to die. That way it won't go in closed loop and the wideband will alloy me to keep an eye on the a/f. Not having to relocate the maf will save me sometime though to get it running but I am still looking to do it if i get my hands on a maf.

Jabran

Quick update but not a good one.

Someone has broken into my car and trashed it documents from the dash everywhere. The e-manage was hanging out the dash (thank god they didn't take it. I haven't seen the car yet but from what I have been told there are no signs of damage and I am sure that I locked it so they must have used a coat hanger or something.

I have told them to disconnect the emanage and take it inside the garage so the car is no disabled and will not start as the emanage intercepts the ignition wires.

They took a tescos bag which was hidden under the drivers seat whcih contaiend the e-manages box and warrantee card, the emanage usb and the greddy map sensor as far as I can remeber so if anyone is selling the usb and map sensor for a good price let me know as I need to replace them.

Jabran.

well I had a look and the stole my sti modified intercooler and blow off valve.

please keep an eye out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/jabran/DSC00048.jpg

alongside the greddy map sensor and the usb cable its costing me about £150 + and considering the tiem spend modding the cooler.

yeah mate, was stupid of me to leave it in there oh well aleast they didnt take the e-manage. Got some chargecoolers on the lookout and some other topmounts i am watching which are smaller but I am gonna chargecoller it this time.

An update.

Looks like the scavenging has started to replace the bits.

Got myself two saab 2 bar map sensors which will see me to 1.5 bar (my micra will never see that lol)
41fc_1.JPG

Ordered a repalcement greddy usb cable.

And looks like I am gonna be running a chargecooler
R0016977.jpg

The inspiration came from Fred over at micra Au for the chargecooler system.

This means no chopping of the bonnet etc. Gonna get this marked up and fabbed as soon as I get it and then store it at home once I have done the rest of the car and connected an alarm.

The engineer came today and evaluated the car. On the upside tomorrow i recieve a 2006 VW polo as a courtesy car untill i am paid (gonna be fun) lol.

Jabran out.

Been a long time since an update ( 1 month exact actually!!)
I have been really busy finishing my uni project and other assignments so its been very hectic.

Micra is gonna be back on the road tomorrow as I have repalced the rear bumper and light and the bumper reinforcer which was damaged and only the boot need to be changed as it has a bg kink in it but works fine etc.

On the front need a new N/S bumper bracker and head light. Those are here today and will be fitted tomorrow. The front panel where the radiator sits needed a few wacks to close the bonnet proper. The bonnet has very very minor damage and will be replaced tomorrow as will if time allows.

Gonna be fitting the bigger primera brake setup tomorrow and my alloys (finally!!).

Gonna fit the map sensor for the emanage as well.

Lots of picture tomorrow.

The new chargecooler is needing some welding so gonna try sort that out this weekedn somewhow and hopefully fit the turbo stuff back next weekend.

Some update.

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

the almera sri brakes and calipers in red.
DSC00075.jpg

Got 2 more weeks of uni left and after theat its full steam ahead with the micra. I estimate that in 4 weeks the micra will be rolling in turbo mode. Really busy the next 2 weeks so i cant do anything else on the micra apart from change the bonnet as its slightly bent and change the boot. I have both and are gonna get fitted over the next week.

work is getting along now, had the intercooler welded this morning from the local welders looks good. Order a 45 degree 3" to 2" reducer for the turbo and 1 pipe about 1 foo long needs to be fabricated by me with the dump valve flnage and the kit is complete.

chargecooler before
DSC00083.jpg

chargecooler after
DSC00084.jpg

Had the pipe with a bit of extra of piping so it's not short and will be shortened to requirement.

Going to fit the turbo kit over saturday and sunday and tune it over the follwoign days hoping all goes well.

micra turbo is 90% complete. some fine tuning is needed as its leaning after 5000rpm.

i'll get a video up later.

boost is addictive and i'm hooked.

i had ga16 injecots but looking at some of the datalogs they may be maxing out. The stock maf is reading 4.45v so thats maxed out so i am going to hook up the greddy map sensor tomorrow and change the map and lower the boost until i get and sr20 fuel rail.

I chased a 1.4 civic today and he coudl not get away only reason i stopped was for the safety of my engine. as at 5000 the a/f would slowly creep to 13+ so i left it and kept the revs low. It sppols very fast, can't wait to fix the map and get the 1.3 cams in and see how it goes.

i had ga16 injecots but looking at some of the datalogs they may be maxing out. The stock maf is reading 4.45v so thats maxed out so i am going to hook up the greddy map sensor tomorrow and change the map and lower the boost until i get and sr20 fuel rail.

I chased a 1.4 civic today and he coudl not get away only reason i stopped was for the safety of my engine. as at 5000 the a/f would slowly creep to 13+ so i left it and kept the revs low. It sppols very fast, can't wait to fix the map and get the 1.3 cams in and see how it goes.

whoa, I totally forgot about this.

Yeh it's been running for about 6 months now.

Gonna be a major update here lol.

Its running 4 psi at the moment on the terrano turbo unit but I want something smaller now so I am looking into GT17 or something with t25 fitment.

Back