long term project... shortened

Tony WROTE:

"I think you mentioned hime before a while back, Is he or does he have somethink to do with owning Autobarn? Maybe wrong but remember something or someone down that way does. Are you saying your car in up there with mine in terms of noise? <BR>The gates gonna be loud anyways!<BR>Should get the blue Micra on the rollers to get abit of a opposite ends of the scale sorta thing?

lol, i've had the blue car on the dyno @ predator before so i know what does what.. mmm.. your car's got nothing on mine interms of loudness lol. yours is like stock hah... a mate has a silencer at his place for me, so i'll grab that in the meantime till the new muffler arrives... i believe autobarn own the dyno shop.

registered today!! yeeeewwwww. absolutely loved driving it.. borrowed a silcencer for the tip of the exhaust of a mate.. it rattled like a mother ****er in the tip (slightly smaller size) but meh, made it slightly quieter lol. lag? mmm, not really, i'd say its got more in 1st and 2nd then your car tony (like comes on boost quicker i think).. haven't/didn't get the chance to get it into 3rd anywhere... allthough i did make a dc5 type-r owner **** his pants.... screamer pipe ftw :D

mm, got some footage on the dyno... but dad's been to busy atm to upload it and downgrade it from hd to normal pov file type... might get some more footage driving etc and make something up over the next few weeks... thanks very much for the comments guys.. finally it all seems worth the effort... the more and more i drive it.. the more and more i love it. (untill something breaks)... oh, and forget about the r888's having nothing but traction :D.. you can smoke em if you try haha

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Now i'll see the beast on the road! sweet, Got a silencer too but there a rattly peice of ****. Am very keen to see yours go getting off the line, Think my old turbos letting me down. Need a BBT28.

yeh, i bent the **** outta the silencer when i got home,... and so far no rattles.. used "i gotta check the tyre pressures at the servo" as an excuse to go for a drive before :D... god damn united servo tyre pump machine.. pos. don't think i'll try any launches just yet :D.. i like my gearbox..

can't wait for next weeks cruise.. should be awesome to see a bunch of oz's best micra's together!

thought it was worth a mention that the chick @ the transport department thought it was cute today haha.. mad, already pulling the chicks lmao

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Yeh i'm lookin forward to it aswell. What are you worried about with the gearbox? I'm sure you can change it pretty quick if you brake it? Id be thrashing it now to see its going to hold so you don't get a busted box on Mt Tambo, That would suck heaps!

nah. takin it easy at mt tambo.. going for a cruise.. not a race :)... spent to much time and money on this thing to go break it straight away. :D gotta enjoy driving it first.. get the blue car sorted, then i'll start practising launches/willowbank etc

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
If you don't want to stress your car out how bout we swap wheels for the Tambo run? I'll show ya a 8000rpm launch or lunch..
I must admit for daily driving its like having 2 cars, 1 for cruising and 1 for fun.

CMF_gu_niang1200

» CMF Member
Mercury marine coils... bro how do you re-wire these coils from the original distributor?

I have some problems witht he distributor and i wanna do up individual coils just like yours.. Was just wondering if piggybags like unichip or e-manage.. are they able to control these individual coil packs?

I can see you blank out ypur distributor area aitha blank plate.. so you still use them for advancing and retarding of the timing?

Need some of your kind advise here..

Any good coil packs brand you can recommend? MSD coil ex.... ?

i'm running a completey different system all together.. my ecu setup was around the $6000au mark. mercury cdi marine coils can only be used with a cdi main unit. yes the distributor is blanked off, but it has been completey gutted and is now running a custom optical sensor, i also run an optical trigger off the flywheel aswell. (all this has been setup for things to come and reliability/accuracy) no i don't use the distributor for its normal duties. that's what the autronic sm4/500r are for.

for what your doing msd coils etc are a waste. a normal bosch coil will do the job fine... the easiest way you could setup that system on your car would be to get a nismo distributor and adaptor plate, or modify your stock distributor to accept an external coil. you cant rewire the original distributor to run the mercury coils.. A: there is only 1 ignitor on the micra.. B: there's no were near enough power to drive a cdi coil from the factory ignitor.... for a cdi coil to work properly, you need something like 600volts of electricity :).. having said that.. with a cdi system.. you can pump as much boost into the engine as you want with massive spark plug gaps all day every day and it won't miss a beat :D were as with a stock ignition i'd say any more then 20ish psi would see you blowing out spark with probably a .6mm gap.. oh and by the way.. the bigger the spark plug gap you can run, the more power, etc you will make.

i guess its also worth a mention that while the ecu setup cost me a fair wack.. its also a **** load easier/tuner friendly aswell.. to give you an idea, most budget spec ecu's will require anywhere from 4-5hrs to tune from scratch.. we had the autronic tuned from first start, to full boost in 1.5hrs.. :D.. and it runs like a factory car.. does everything its suppose to do, start, idle, boost, cruise etc.. might i also add i still get 620km to a tank of fuel lol.. more then my blue car.. gotta be happy with that

CMF_gu_niang1200

» CMF Member
yo dude.. i can tell much much effort has been thrown into this red devil///..

the easiest way you could setup that system on your car would be to get a nismo distributor and adaptor plate, or modify your stock distributor to accept an external coil. -----------I had mine done up just like what u describe... mod the external coil to the original distributor.. Thats where my problems arise.. after long use.. the external coil seems to generate a large amount of current which is good but it burns out the plastic cap quite abit.. and the cap contact points gets a liitle worn after a long while.. wanna get it solved once and for all.. thats coil packs individual right?

hai... this all is giving me a headache.. my idling is flying low when i turn on my aircon.. And it misfires when i rev it up.. its the cap problem...

Thats the reason why i wanna change them to individual coils just like yours.. it'll help take away the distributor hassle/...

Of course i am not running a turbo in my nissan march...I may not need so much spark... but i had quite a bit of mods in my car.. NA thou..ALL i really need is regular firing on my car.. and it really is getting on mine nerves for now.. really wanna get it fix up just like yours... do you have any wiring diagrams that could help me a litle.. sorry a little too much to ask.. but i'm green in wirings..

The looks of your car can tell.. its gonna be FAST... and mine oh mine 620KM... you gonna be happy man...!!! mine NA is only 520kM

CMF_gu_niang1200

» CMF Member
yes the distributor is blanked off, but it has been completey gutted and is now running a custom optical sensor, i also run an optical trigger off the flywheel aswell. ----------------- is this something like the ignitor, II ,III from pertronix? just need to clarify ... their function is to change the mechanical signal ( flywheel contact points) to digital signal is it? correct me if i'm wrong..

http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor2/default.aspx
http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor3/default.aspx

gu_niang1200 WROTE:

"yes the distributor is blanked off, but it has been completey gutted and is now running a custom optical sensor, i also run an optical trigger off the flywheel aswell. ----------------- is this something like the ignitor, II ,III from pertronix? just need to clarify ... their function is to change the mechanical signal ( flywheel contact points) to digital signal is it? correct me if i'm wrong.. <BR><BR><A title=http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor2/default.aspx href="http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor2/default.aspx" target=_blank>http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor2/default.aspx</A><BR><A title=http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor3/default.aspx href="http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor3/default.aspx" target=_blank>http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor3/default.aspx</A>

from the quick read i just had.. all that product does is modify your stock coil dwell time.. won't really help you at all.

if you want to run seperate coils like mine, you'll need an aftermarket computer that has atleast 4 ignition outputs.. the stock micra ecu only has 1.... any wiring that i've done on my own car isn't going to help you at all... the only other way i can think that you could do it is with one of those nismo distributors... but again.. you'd only be running a single external coil.. and whether the stock micra ecu would run it well enough is another question aswell...

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Any Update on this car. Was just wondering what has happened since this series of posts. You got booked. Did you get any grief from the rego authorities etc? The site needs some excitement injection :p

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Yeh it's currently at his shop and everytime i see it there the frontbumper is off, showing off its nice pipes :) I'm not sure if its being upgrade even further or just maintained while it's off the road.

Im goin down there today so I will tell him we all want an update lol.

Back