• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

tat2 mikes black passion

no the car is sound, i've done about 25 miles in the last 2 weeks. it was all fine until i cut the springs. its more of a shaking through the floor. but on a new smooth road its fine, only happens on chewed up crappy roads that need a resurface. baguette, did you fit spacers to the front and drill the mounts out to 12mm?

I redrilled the top mounts to 12mm iirc, but i used the Matiz shocks and cutted Civic springs...

Check if the suspension was installed correctly (bushes, bearings, spring perch, etc...).

yeah everything is sweet mate, but when i tightened them down it was like i needed a little bit extra thread. so i'm thinking if i drill out the mounts to 12mm and use a spacer that will give me the extra thread i need as the mount will move down the shaft. what size was your spacer baguette?

also i reshaped the top coil so it sat better in the perch, this maybe where i've gained my extra mm of play. :doh:

***update***

so today i fitted the frank bushes. not the easiest of jobs but i've got a huge air gun that will crack off anything.
P0059_250311.jpg

then i found a clever way of removing the bushes from the panhard rod. the rod needs to come off the car and go in the vice. then you saw off the outer rubber lips, then you drill into the rubber between the outer rod metal and the inner bush metal. the drill flies off and goes round and round pulling the bush out. :p takes about 10 seconds and its out.
P0060_250311.jpg

then getting the frank bushes in is a bit of a pain in the ass but well worth it. big hammer + kicking the n/s wheel + brute force and ignorance = win ! (Y)
P0062_250311.jpg

went for a test drive and the rear end feels so much better. it seems to be planted around corners. so a massive thanks to frank for selling me the bushes, you are a gentleman and a squire and all out micra genius. (Y)

****update****

not a massive one, but as some of you may know i've been hunting for a rear wiper bung. two reasons, the motor has packed up and i'm not a massive fan of rear wipers. i struggled to find one but then i recieved a message from martin21b. he had a spare one knocking around and very kindly sent it out to me. i always get totally stoked by peoples generosity, as i'm a big giver myself but never seem to get anywhere. it just shows that being a nice guy pays off. so a massive thank you to martin21b. for without your help i would still have a broken rear ugly wiper

P0064_280311.jpg

also got my grills in the garage with some filler bashed over the fibre glass. should be finished soon. and if i get time this week i'll be fixing the front top shock mounts. and on wednesday we have our first baby scan so i'm super stoked on that. (Y)

No worries mike ;)

Thankyou for your kind words mate

When I needed them I think I went to every shop everywhere looking, no luck. I remember typing into google 25mm blanking grommets (I think) and it took me to a shop , £1 for one or £3 for 10, always handy

I painted mine in Nissan colours and it matched and held very well, just lightly sand with 1200 grit and a good wash , 2 light coats of primer and 2 of colour. Let it sit then one heavy heavy coat (go mad) to spray on the shine and leave it to cure/dry overnight

Polishes up well too

Good news about the scan, I wish you luck with baby mate

No worries mike ;)

Thankyou for your kind words mate

When I needed them I think I went to every shop everywhere looking, no luck. I remember typing into google 25mm blanking grommets (I think) and it took me to a shop , £1 for one or £3 for 10, always handy

I painted mine in Nissan colours and it matched and held very well, just lightly sand with 1200 grit and a good wash , 2 light coats of primer and 2 of colour. Let it sit then one heavy heavy coat (go mad) to spray on the shine and leave it to cure/dry overnight

Polishes up well too

Good news about the scan, I wish you luck with baby mate

thanks alot mate (Y)

i have 1 pair of offset bushes left mike :wasntme: (£12 posted)

hi mate. where's the best place to buy these? do they also have polyutherine bushes?

And how easy are they to fit? (how much would a local garage charge)

I can hear some knocking on my suspension

hi mate. where's the best place to buy these? do they also have polyutherine bushes?

And how easy are they to fit? (how much would a local garage charge)

I can hear some knocking on my suspension

hey mate, i got these from frank, one of the msc gurus. they are basically to straighten the rear axle up after you lower the suspension. they are just panhard rod bushes mate and dont really do alot just keep the axle straight. is your knocking from the front? i have seen fancy wish bone bushes on ebay that come from poland. not sure how good they are mate.

hey mate, i got these from frank, one of the msc gurus. they are basically to straighten the rear axle up after you lower the suspension. they are just panhard rod bushes mate and dont really do alot just keep the axle straight. is your knocking from the front? i have seen fancy wish bone bushes on ebay that come from poland. not sure how good they are mate.

its coming from the front right. It doesnt make noise when I go over spead bumps but when I drive over bumpy roads. I just bought the car this month. I'm thinking if there's something loose in the front driver door & in the engine section. Will need to get it checked. Someone mentioned it could be an engine mount :suspect:

its coming from the front right. It doesnt make noise when I go over spead bumps but when I drive over bumpy roads. I just bought the car this month. I'm thinking if there's something loose in the front driver door & in the engine section. Will need to get it checked. Someone mentioned it could be an engine mount :suspect:

to check an engine mount, put the car in gear and hand break on.. then carefully try to pull away. the engine will rock back and if a mount has gone it will bang like hell. could be wishbone, track rod end, top shock mount, drop link. etc etc. jack the car up and check for play in the wheel. side to side and up and down. if a mate can help you out, you can hold the components like track rod end while he moves the wheel and tyre. you should feel the play.

to check an engine mount, put the car in gear and hand break on.. then carefully try to pull away. the engine will rock back and if a mount has gone it will bang like hell. could be wishbone, track rod end, top shock mount, drop link. etc etc. jack the car up and check for play in the wheel. side to side and up and down. if a mate can help you out, you can hold the components like track rod end while he moves the wheel and tyre. you should feel the play.

thanks. The service parts turned up today so will be fitting them in with a friend on saturday for the drive to brighton. I'll see if he can check them on saturday when fitting the parts.

***update***

only a small one really. did the oil and filter change today. i used some 5w 30 semi-synthetic. i've never used the very best oil in my micras as i think they're strong enough. its made by carlube from my local motor factors at £17.99 for 5L. i've used it many times before with no problems. i had a bit of chain noise on idle, like a whoop whoop whoop, pause, whoop whoop whoop. you get the idea. since the oil change this noise has gone. so i'm happier now. the car has done 101k now which is alright for a 1998. about 28k below average. (Y)

i just done some wilko 10w40 to flush my 48 000 1.3 slx engine,for a few hundred miles or less
then get some quality down him
you favour 5/30 yeh?

i just done some wilko 10w40 to flush my 48 000 1.3 slx engine,for a few hundred miles or less
then get some quality down him
you favour 5/30 yeh?

think i would stick with 10 30 me mate a good quality one millers is a good one canny price aswell i think. well thats what i have been putting in my teg for the last 2years

sorry man. i've been super busy with the pregnancy and moving house and starting a new job. dont have internet at my new home yet so just typing this out at my mum and dads place. hope you are all well. also i've bought a family car now. still have the micra but chances are she'll be going.

ok tatoo mate
you know my loyalty swings more towards the r-reg's:laugh:
keep your input going on here, is/was very usefull...........CONGRATS on the new edition to the fam also!!!

fitted the shortened rear shocks this morning. super happy with the result. :p

P0056_240311.jpg

P0058_240311.jpg

now i need to do something with the fronts. i've got way too much play in the top shock mounts. this is where baguette and frank help me out again i'm running stock shocks with 2 coils chopped off stock k11 springs. i love the ride height and comfort but i've got vibrations. what do i need to do to sort these out? i really would rather stay with the k11 suspension. and i dont have money for corsa coilies. also, frank, could you please forward me the info on fitting your offset bushes? thanks alot. (Y)
what rear shocks have you used mate?

Back