• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Stani's 1.0l 5 Door!!

Tonight was meant to be engine rebuild night but i ####ed it by putting a tiny crack in 1 of my pistons on refitting of the 1.3 conrods last night. Absolutely gutted as nobody seems to have just 1 piston spare! So i ordered new piston rings from matt humphris today and ive handed my head in to get a 1mm skim :) No rush now but still i cant bloody wait

engine is built, got it done on wednesday night. just waiting on my inlet cam from autosprint to complete it and get it fitted.

the spec is:

cg13 with cg10 pistons, 1mm headskim, autosprint inlet cam, adjustable cam pulleys, 3.4 kilo flywheel, helix clutch setup, ga16 butterflied cg13 throttle body, ga16 injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, bosch super 4 spark plugs, magnecor ignition leads, adjusted distributor rev mod, group a rally airbox with pipercross filter, janspeed manifold, janspeed cat back exhaust, sfs blue engine bay hoses, greddy oil filter relocator

Sounds good :)

Guessing you just raised the rev with the dizzy mod and not eliminated the limiter?. Thinking of doing that myself.

Ive not touched the dizzy yet. Once its running ill then make adjustments to the disc to try and raise the limit rather than eliminate it. Dont think its been done yet???

it,ll be a flyer stani (Y) stock f/w ? and here,s my group A intake lol :laugh: ( trunking that i removed from behind the dash the other week)

Attachments

• SDC11695.JPG
    SDC11695.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 457
  • SDC11696.JPG
    SDC11696.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 345
i hope so frank, if only i knew that theres a free group a airbox under my dash eh!? i forgot to mention my flywheel that went on a diet will be fitted aswell (3.4kg's) also helix clutch, blue sfs engine hoses, oil filter relocator aswell. i do plan to add up the costs of this whole micra as ive kept most reciepts.

here are some pictures:

1.0ltr pistons, new rings, bores honed
IMG_1436.jpg

DIY cam pulleys LOL
IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

new gaskets/nuts/cleaned ports
IMG_1467.jpg

super 4's (might make the gaps larger)
IMG_1469.jpg

modded TB/1.6 injectors/FPR adapter
IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

built
IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

Ive not touched the dizzy yet. Once its running ill then make adjustments to the disc to try and raise the limit rather than eliminate it. Dont think its been done yet???

Iirc theres a post on here where theres a mention that the rally micras joined up the small slot with the other nearby slot (nice and technical eh lol) and that raised the limiter to something like 7.2k -- Typically cant find the thread.

I know what youre thinking though, was considering looking into it myself.

i think i asked this but with the hoses is it a complete set? and how much for :p me want as im doing my engine change i think it would be a good move to make a big difference in its looks! pm me with whatever im liking this!

also did they come with the hose clips? or did you have to find them lol

Yeah from matt humphris will, just buy rolls of blue tape and some samco stickers then lol and frank cheers for that but what does bbdc and abdc stand for??

what does bbdc and abdc stand for??

the inlet valves close way past bottom dead centre eh stani (because the inrush in the inlet tract at high revs can cram more fuel/air in even when the piston is returning upwards)
but those bbdc and abdc settings will be ok if you get the "open @ tdc" setting right :grinning:

right i got my autosprint inlet cam on thursday night then it was a matter of fitting the under bucket shim and doing all the clearances which is a bigger of a job! all done now and the engine is ready to be fitted possibly next weekend :) some pics

inlet cam fitted
IMG_1544.jpg

3.4kg flywheel and helix clutch
IMG_1550.jpg

done
IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

also bought a short shifter from ferritboy should see it next week :)

right i got my autosprint inlet cam on thursday night then it was a matter of fitting the under bucket shim and doing all the clearances which is a bigger of a job! all done now and the engine is ready to be fitted possibly next weekend :) some pics

inlet cam fitted
IMG_1544.jpg

3.4kg flywheel and helix clutch
IMG_1550.jpg

done
IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

also bought a short shifter from ferritboy should see it next week :)

Great work stan (Y) coming along very nicely. hope this will be as quick as the turbo, still very gutted you never finished it..Looks like no "Pod" for us this year then eh?

Must speak/catch up soon mate

Is the inlet cam retarded a few degrees? or is it just the pic / my eyes. :)

Bet you cant wait to have it all fitted and switched on.

How come you only had the inlet cam done?
Any idea when you'll be taking it for its first run to crail? :grinning:

Scopez- im gutted to that i never got there in the end but it sat doing nothing most of its life so it had to go.

Frank- i hope i can achieve that out of a 1.3 if not breaking into the 15's is good enough

Solarice- the chain wasnt on at that point, ive set the pulleys to standard at the mo and once its running/driving ill afjust them as with the FPR and distributor

Scott- i only got the inlet cam done as thats what frank recommended :) and providing all is well ill be at one of the first 2 crails and ill let you all know to see if any others are heading up

right well the engine is fitted full system on too and the cars been started. if you missed my other thread i had a shim pop out but frank to the rescue rustled me up some shimless buckets and theyre on there way, things to do are:

finish off inlet cam buckets/shim mess
sort out the vacuum pipes behind TB/inlet manifold
finish off airbox fitment
rebuild front end
tax and insure it

Some Pictures
fe500e4a.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

Looks good stani shame about the shim, but hey ho at least it got sorted quickly

Are you going to be putting it on a rolling road?

kalj- thanks i do hope to get this one dyno'd and if money comes to me dastek or nistune if theres someone local that can do it.

will- yes it is my oil filter, its a greddy oil filter relocator. also gives you plenty points for things like oil gauges/coolers etc :) £120 from US i think

It's been relocated. When I had a 1.4 K11, the oil filter was in the most pain in the arse position ever. Possibly why it's been moved :grinning:.

Give it, its first outting on the 20th to crail? :p

My bro and some of the mera guys might be heading up :)

shero- ive gone off painted rocker covers now so a clean one will do

scott- it would be good to make but alot of bills to pay a lexus to run and now a micra to insure/tax is not looking good. but im not saying no eh ;)

mullet- i should make it to that strathclyde meet :)

Cheers guys. Got a text from the girlfriend saying my frankspeed buckets are home so not long before im taking it for a road test.

Mullet- no luck yet but its not ever been a week

Right car is running but im having alot of problems. Janspeed is leaking at the 2-1 section which is eqsy fixed. Theres smoke coming out of my rocker breather, idle is at 2000rpm, once heated up it revs itself from about 1000-2000rpm, when driving it feels like its wanting to slow down all the time (could be the flywheel) its cutting out occasionally and not starting again straight away. And i done a compression test which shown 12-18-12-18 Bar. Please help :(

18 bar (270 psi) :eek: lol stani, i,m surprised the starter turned it over :laugh:
do you mean its hunting up and down 1 to 2k ?

Isnt the hunting MAF related? should also help with the starting. (whats the car do when its unplugged?)

The flywheel will make the engine more likely to slow down on inclines, requiring a little more boot...but it shouldnt feel like its always trying to slow down.

Cant help on the compression though, just that i know stock should be 13bar. Not that yours is anywhere near stock anymore. :) Suprised youve got such a drop (albeit even) between cylinders :S

frank- it does struggle to start, it has been turning over slowly too. any idea why the values are different? and should it be 12 or 18 across all cylinders with my setup? and yeah its hunting it idles at 2000rpm and as soon as you touch the accelerator it will begin to hunt and the same everytime i come to a stop or let it idle.

solarice- i dont think unplugging it made a difference

if you have that bored out t/b on mate i would put the idle down to that, and i think you will have varying compressions and blowby (crankcase pressure) till those rings bed in (try a wet test with some oil in the cyl,s)
and 18 bar must be about 13:1 lol :eek: superunleaded only eh
you could retard that inlet cam to dump some of the compression maybe ?

so put a drop of oil down the bores and do a compression test? and is 13:1 not good? i will have to check that the cam sprockets havent moved on the standard torque settings. this could be whats happened but i never had time to crack open the rocker. and ive done 50 miles (up to 4500-5000revs) so far, whats the average time?

yeh a tablespoon of engine oil down each plughole eh, and can you do a pic at tdc like this :)

Attachments

• as cam.JPG
    as cam.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 590
ok frank ill do it, first ill do the oil down the bores and comp test it, ill resolder the tb as i think thats whats causing it to hesitate so much and die etc. ill put on standard injectors/FPR and check the cam sprockets havent moved. will be a wee while before i do this though :(

Back