• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

if ur going to replace them it dont matter then, me and solarace did this to mine lol
come to think of it we were ther a wile for just takeing 2 of them off
he he he how time flys when you arnt having fun...not!

well i dont know what i would do if i had to drill them off lol...my drill bits aint that good to tell the truth :D so i dont want to complicate things by rounding them off lol.

they dont round off, if you give a screw driver a few waks in the middle then keep tapping it as if you were trying to lousein it off bobs ya auntie

Heat the screws up with a blow torch, when red hot cool them off with a spray of WD40 and the seal will be broken

i dont have a blow torch :D lol

fitted mudflaps front and rear.
P1010147.jpg

& de-splitterd the front bumper :)
P1010149.jpg

so now it looks like a standard micra lol, witch i actually preffer for some reason :S

still think the wheels need to be black :)

me and antoney fitted the rocker cover :D
P1010152.jpg

I like the mudflaps on your car, and i dont usually like them on micras :S
Rocket cover looks really good aswell! :)

got home about 35 mins ago matey. give your mum a big hug from me and make sure she checks her phone when she gets a signal...lol

got home about 35 mins ago matey. give your mum a big hug from me and make sure she checks her phone when she gets a signal...lol

lol, glad you got home safely. our roaad is covered in snow now! and its upto my front bumper :S

robert, i presumme your talking about the rocker cover? lol

painted some brackets off the engine...dunno how long it will take for them to rust agian lol, gave them 4 coats are matte, 2 coat of gloss black and one coat of laquer.
P1010156.jpg

well today i recived my m6 stianless bolts :D fitted a few...then thought ''hmmmm maybe some more'' and went mad, i have replaced pritty much every see-able 10mm bolt for stianless ones (even did my head lights, and power steering piping, coolent tank, petrol vapour tank, fuel filter, air filter and more...and it looks awsome, doesnt look in your face or anything :) i couldnt get my ratchet into the power steering ones near the throttle cable, and didnt do my bumper ones...yet! lol iam gonna do them eventually.... anyway heres a picture:
P1010158.jpg

not the best quility, look better in person...very pleased.

Stainless fixings work very well, practically every fixing on my car open to the elements is A4-316 SS, even the wishbones, rear trailing arms, panhard have been replaced with 80T stainless bolts.......although they do reside in specially made 316 bushes for minimal corrosion potential.

I do however highly recommend putting any SS fixings in with some form of corrision resitant coating, clear waxoil if you don't have any T-9 to hand, particularly the fixings on the cam cover, as stainless steel is more cathodic that carbon steel and will have a greater potential for bi-metallic corrosion to occur in the aluminium head, especially the front 4 which are more open to the elements, (water, salt & heat).

yes now i need some 12mm stianless bolts for the rest of the engine bay fixings :D

if your getting them from a bolt place be carefull cos the 12mm bolts on the micra are actually m8 thread and over here all you will get in m8 thread is 13mm heads, where you get the m6 bolts from?

kristian, whate are the green hoor handle and washer jets for?

also be carefull especially so with the m10 (14mm head) ones as there are a couple of different thread pitches used

They are for Squarepants' k11

Very light rub, degeasent, plastic primer, JT0 Apple green, and laquer through Gun.

I love the color actually

dont forget to do the bolts that hold the slam panel and wings on..... ive just replaced my wing with a brand new very expensive (99p) white wing and all the nuts and bolts are now stainless........... and it has confirmed that i need my car spraying white..

scott, the bolts came from ebay ;)

kris, those handles and washers look awsome :D very pleased. top job. cheers :)

ant, not gonna attempet taking off the wing bolts or the front panel ones as they tend to snap :S plus there courlor coded anway :p

Back