Rpm counter need help

What colour of wire are the dashboard sidelights theres to many behind the dials. And where do i run the signal wire from. Note this is a 2000 K11. need help soonish

What colour of wire are the dashboard sidelights theres to many behind the dials. And where do i run the signal wire from. Note this is a 2000 K11. need help soonish

if yours is a distributor type (they changed in 2000) then there,s a blue wire, one of a pair going to the dizzy, or else pinout #2 on the ecu (blue/black maybe)

badboymcra is it like this !BpBc7swCGk~$(KGrH.jpg or this? !BmKtdfQBGk~$(KGr&#72.jpg

fitted mine today on a 2001 facelift... what a ball ache! It's only pin #2 up to '99 apparently.. pin #2 on mine is airbag. Following Haynes, I tried every single pin from the "speedo/tacho/fuel&water gauge", even from the ecu and got nothing on any of the pins except for pin #19 which is "ABS sensor" ... and I don't have ABS. Either way it was blue/black.

It doesn't seem to give an accurate reading though and I have no idea why, it idles around 5-700 (depending on temp, which is about right) but redlined at around 4k and seemed very slow to react?!

Ideas anyone?

EDIT: I have to do it via the ecu (single connector going to instrument panel) as it has the individual coil packs (being facelift)
Also, the connector to the back of the clocks is marked up audi/vw which made me laugh :)

Back