Rev Counter Help... sorta...

Hey guys!

I’m gunna try throwing my aftermarket rev counter in my winter Micra and I have a couple of questions..

The first, most obvious one, where do I get the feed for the green wire? I’ve heard it’s “the blue wire behind the dials” but I’m not 100% certain. It’s a 1ltr coil on plug engine if that helps.

The second question maybe not so obvious.. do I NEEED to wire in the hideously bright blue LEDs the burn your retinas out when you turn the lights on or not? I’ve managed to take the LED “ring” off the internals of the rev gauge and it seems like I can run the thing without them. Just wondering if it’s doable!

Thanks
Joosh

Hey guys!

I’m gunna try throwing my aftermarket rev counter in my winter Micra and I have a couple of questions..

The first, most obvious one, where do I get the feed for the green wire? I’ve heard it’s “the blue wire behind the dials” but I’m not 100% certain. It’s a 1ltr coil on plug engine if that helps.

The second question maybe not so obvious.. do I NEEED to wire in the hideously bright blue LEDs the burn your retinas out when you turn the lights on or not? I’ve managed to take the LED “ring” off the internals of the rev gauge and it seems like I can run the thing without them. Just wondering if it’s doable!

Thanks
Joosh

I'm thinking purple by this wiring diagram, only one that goes to the ecu
1521417623537.jpg

Sorry I can't be more help but would a set of rev counter clocks not be a lot easier, just plug and play. Also try some resistors to dim the laser eye surgery lights you currently have

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

Just fitted one to my k11 take your speedo out and pick the feed up from your wiring loom that plugs into your speedo the rev counter green wire connects to that green and blue wire on your loom .then pull the radio out and on the large iso plug conduct your red wire off your rev counter to the green and blue .this is the ignition constant live .then black to earth done ....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back