Swoosh Tacho Rev Counter Help Please....

I have a 1996 Preg SR Micra.

I have searched through other topics about fitting a tacho but none can help me, i want to fit it tonight!

I bought SquarePants Swoosh Rev Tacho meter from him last night (top lad he is!!!), I have wired the red to + stereo so it works with the ignition only and the back wire to the negative ground.

Firstly, I looked at the dizzy, what colour wire from the dizzy do i connect the green wire from the tacho to give me a rpm reading (i can see blue n black, white, and light green n black) OR can i conect it to the back of the rev counter i have already(if so what colour wire behind my existing rev counter)?

Secondly, where exactly would i find the 12v headlamp signal in the car? (powered with lights on) to illuminate the tacho.

I know this has cropped up so many times (but not for the sr), thank you for helping me!

Im here outside in my micra with my laptop baffled :blush:, come guys please lend a helping hand, appreciated...

Attachments

• PICT0325.JPG
    PICT0325.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 3,303
Im new to this, where about is the ecu located in the micra, is it hard to get to? (pin 2)

Also, where could i get a 12v headlamp signal to illuminate the tacho so when i turn the headlights lights on the tacho illuminates.?

Im new to this, where about is the ecu located in the micra, is it hard to get to? (pin 2)

Also, where could i get a 12v headlamp signal to illuminate the tacho so when i turn the headlights lights on the tacho illuminates.?

it,s under the radio, bolted into a bracket on the floor micka, and i would just light it off the ignition personally :)

On the stock nissan loom for the radio is a blue wire with red trace (or the other way round) which is the illumination for the stock radio. This comes on with the sidelights, so if you only want illumination when you have the lights on, you can tap into this.

I HAVE IT WORKING YAYY!!!!!! I woud not advise using pin 2 as it does not ork and does not send the tacho a rev reading (i tried it). Instead i connected it to the Short Blue wire that then changes in to a green and black striped wire on thew other side of the plug wire near the dizzy. Do not connect it to the green/black striped wire as i tried that and it does not send a rev reading, BUT connect it to the first part of the plug that has a Blue wire, its fiddly to get to, i just spliced it and patched it and it works fine.

I connected the illuminations to the ignition and the power red wire to the stereo connections.

Thank you everyone!.

Pin 2 should work. Blue wire with black trace I've got for my wiring diagram.

But fair enough. If you want the illumination to look a bit more factory fitted, then there's a red wire with a blue trace going into the head unit connector. Use that.

Back