• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

RED K11 JAE OR BUST

hi been on the forum for a couple months after many unforseen problems now on the modifying trail, bought a 2002 k11 1.0 with slightly patch paint in places and 43000 miles for £800 which was a bargain. done a couple things nothing major...yet.
2010-07-29111548-1.jpg

2010-07-29111559.jpg

then i bought some ford rs alloys for £20 and in need of refurb which were supposed to be 4x100 but r 4x108 :mad: but look cool
2010-07-29111346.jpg

from
2010-07-29093537.jpg

sanded and primered
2010-07-29093604.jpg

1st coat of black
2010-07-29094531.jpg

3rd coat of black
2010-07-29143428.jpg

then fitted a cheap induction kit, doesnt do much for gains probs makes it slower but sounds awesome
2010-10-08130745.jpg

fitted some new bulbs they fail my mot but my gf dads a mechanic so he just put new 1s in for me legend and the
2 days later 1 of the bright 1s blows blow grrrr. so got new 1s that r road legal for free and a full refund ooooosh!
2010-10-08130716.jpg

and hopefully 1 day it will look like this
Untitled_zps4182aacb.png

bought a panhard rod of noddie it is awesome will get pictures up tomorrow and getting the alloys fitted finally got adaptors for them 20 so might stick out at the front :s camber will fix that though

Last edited:
Toes. Lol. Welcome dude. Start with the more simple stuff first, can't go wrong with de bumpstrips, debadge, remove rear wiper, clear side repeaters, aero wipers, black grill etc its all simple yet effective

hi been on the forum for a couple months after many unforseen problems now on the modifying trail, bought a 2002 k11 1.0 with slightly patch paint in places and 43000 miles for £500 which was a bargain. done a couple things nothing major...yet.

and hopefully 1 day it will look like this
Untitled_zps4182aacb.png

bought a panhard rod of noddie it is awesome will get pictures up tomorrow and getting the alloys fitted finally got adaptors for them 20 so might stick out at the front :s camber will fix that though

^^ Like your paints skills, i think that looks decent almost like a dragon with those grills being full open, even more so combined with the badboy bonnet :D

Don't think just an arch roll will sort that, especially lowered. What size are the tyres? Look a little balloon like. Narrower rubber with some stretch will help, as would some negative camber. In the meantime hope you don't get a pull with that much tread beyond the arch :rolleyes:

yeah i know their 185 55 14 but i had to put 20mm adapters between them...their brand new tires so not putting different rubber on. booking in to get arches rolled so hopefully will help at least

yeah it will you have a 2 week period to fix something and proof of it being/bookd into be fixed. same with mot or lights out
Personally I would want to sort it immediately rather than waiting till I get pulled over and given a vehicle rectification notice and being forced to sort it. Could potentially make your car a 'target' for local cops, "oh look, theres that micra we pulled for dodgy tyres, lets give him another pull" sort of thing

not updated in a while as been busy with college just small updates sprayed grill and fog plastics black bought a wrap around spoiler debadged the car pictures to follw

got a new set of dials with a rev counter...new/old

also got a set of mudflas so the sides dont get too dirty with the tires out

also a set of fog lights and gave it a good clean

well decided to paint my calipers for that much needed 25+bhp gain you get from doing it. firstly i took the wheel of, put brake cleaner on the caliper and brushed with a wire brush and masked up the disc so i didnt get paint on it.
then started to paint doint 2 very thick coats just to make sure.

remove the paper wait to dry then put the wheel back on.

tada now running 85bhp thanks to painted calipers

planning on it but im in the merchant navy so i could be away at sea i get as little as 24 hours notice to go away. the longer into august it goes the less likely ill be able to go...if i do though im up for thursday convoy....you just gna be going n/a or hopefully turboed again?

dicided since i had the filler i might aswell crack on with smoothening the bumpers...put a layer of filler on the gaps after spending a lifetime sanding there were tiny holes in a couple plces so thought id put another layer on... to be continued

sorry got no pics of the process but got a finished pic....stripped back the paint anti-rust painted the back then sprayed it red
. luckily was in good condition anyway.

finally sanded downt the bumpers and primered them just waiting on more paint to arrive to finish it off

pretty pleased....1 or 2 areas arnt the best but it will do for now

You got the bumper painted or fitted yet?
fitted been a delay on the paint was supposed to be here mon-wed but still no sign phoned up and they thought it was sent but it is still there so there sending it now. need to touch up a few bits to tht i thought i could deal with but decided cz im ocd i cant

Think it will look awsome when painted have you smoothed the front too?

yeah i will be not yet though gna finish the back, paint spoiler. need to delete the number plate recess so need to get some fibreglass but should look like my rendering once done at the bottom of post #1

well its been a while bought loads just not done any work pushing to get it done by christmas
well not that this is cleared i can concentrate on the important stuff
ITS A PASS

PAINTED THE REAR SPOILER

TIDIED UP THE STRUT BAR I GOT

ARCHES I GOT OFF SKYMERA

Back