Red K11 £350

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
(Mods please delete other thread as I think its gone a bit haywire)

This weekend my Almera GTi was finally fired up, I want to drive it but need money to do so, so I'm selling my micra.
Bought it in December 2007 as a runaround and it's done a brilliant job. Never failed me.
MOT until January 2009
Tax until July 2008
Approx 104,000 on the clock

Good points:
Chassis is solid, sills have been professionally patched by the previous owner
Engine runs, starts every time
Blaupunkt tape player (does the job)
Rear windscreen was replaced recently
Brand new clutch and replacement gearbox professionally fitted

Bad points:
Every panel is dented and the paint is faded and cracked
Crossmember is rusted and will need replacing for next MoT but a new crossmember is supplied with the car
Drivers headlamp will need replacing for MoT as cracked the mounts on the back of a volvo, woks ok for now but will not pass MoT
Exhaust is blowing
Tyres are getting low

Very minor points IMO

The car would make an excellent project car or learner car, or even just a runaround like I used it.

CRIM0005.jpg

micra3c.jpg

micra3b.jpg

micra3a.jpg

I am looking for £350 ONO as I paid £250 for it, taxed and MoT'd it and fixed the gearbox and clutch.

Located in Stafford or Bristol

i will give you £100, its alot of work to get it up to a decent standard.

Nope. Depends what you want it for really. The only thing that needs doing soon is the tyres which are cheap anyway, everything else can wait until next january. (Probably about £120 of work to do altogether).

As a daily driver or learner car it is ideal as you dont have to worry about damaging the exterior.

Besides, my GTi needs way more than £100 to get on the road so I couldnt afford to sell for less than £300.

If anyone wants a mint K11 then they have to be prepared to pay a lot more than this (£600 plus)

Forgot to add it had new brake discs and pads, and rear shocks fitted last september.

Nope. Depends what you want it for really. The only thing that needs doing soon is the tyres which are cheap anyway, everything else can wait until next january. (Probably about £120 of work to do altogether).

As a daily driver or learner car it is ideal as you dont have to worry about damaging the exterior.

Besides, my GTi needs way more than £100 to get on the road so I couldnt afford to sell for less than £300.

Forgot to add it had new brake discs and pads, and rear shocks fitted last september.

fair enough mate, but i think you might have a little trouble shifting it at that price, but good luck with the sale :D

Its a shape lol, theres no worth in parts, plus no way I'm going to scrap it after all the hard work gone into the gearbox.
£350 is not a lot of money for a car with tax and test!
It drives fine, all the panel damage is from the car's previous owner who had it in london for 5 years, so it got battered about a bit there, but no damage to the chassis or steering.
I have to sell this to afford my GTi, thats the only reason, or I'd keep it for my brother to learn in.

i think you are looking at the car as a bargin because it is £350 for a car that will last you a year. where as everyone else is looking at it as a car that needs alot of work to be a decent car. alot of people here buy micras for projects, and they don't want their project to start with replacing every pannel on the car, they want a car that they can get right on to modifying. thats why i say its about £100

I paid £700 for a mint K11 with 44k

I agree with Nex though, it's a high milage car with poor bodywork, regardless of what's been done to the gearbox.

It also needs more than £350 of work to get it through it's MOT, crossmember needs changing, most people will need a garage to do it, headlights, and tyres.

It also needs more than £350 of work to get it through it's MOT, crossmember needs changing, most people will need a garage to do it, headlights, and tyres.
As if! Headlight £20, Crossmember £80 tops! its supplied with the car, then 2nd hand tyres.

It is NEVER going to be a decent looking car, unless someone bungs in a CG13DE and slams it on coilovers, whacks on a janspeed and zorst and strips the thing out. Man I'd love to do that.... But my GTi is mint so no.

And, for a CG10DE 104,000 miles is not high at all.

If it gets you from a to b (And if you can have a bit of fun along the way) then it does its job. The only micra I bought that was good looking from the outside was a rusty bodged shed underneath. I'm not trying to fool anyone with this ad. If you want a mint looking car, pay more..

I'll probs end up bunging it on ebay as it sold on there for £250 with a fudged gearbox...

To be honest (not wanting to be condescending here) I thought it would sell on eBay and not on here.

An enthusiast forum isn't the place really to be selling a dented run about (no offence!), eBay is where people look for a cheap car that they can run into the ground with a year or so's MOT on it.

Either way, well done on the sale :)

Back