• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Alfonze's Red K11

It definately makes the car handle better,it lowers the centre of gravity so it will be better cornering, it will tend to body roll less.

now if I can get it done cheaply that would be good. Decided against tints as I can spend £100 on something else I could use. Also I fitted a K&N 571 induction kit will this improve BHP? Also buying a performance back box same question?

Mate, you'll be fine with lowering.
I've gone 35mm on GMax springs, standard shocks, on 195/50 15's, and no problem other than VERY minimal rubbing on full lock.

And after almost 2 years my dampers are still fine.

TBH, the guys on here know what they're talking about.

Who're you going to believe?

People that know about micras, or people in general that probably think 15's wouldn't even fit on a micra, as i was told by several garages!

Yeah your right but can I justify spending that much on it? Im having serious doubts. TBH I dunno how the spoiler Ive got its gonna be fitted, but yet again my mate has it to repaint it for me and not even started yet!

depends if you use that £100 from your tints.........to lower you car, which if im honest would be best as i would lower any car over tints anyday!!!

spoiler......do it your self...more fun that way :p plus you may be able to get it done quicker if your complaining your mates taking to long

I dont have any money at the moment I was gonna lower and put a new back box on this month and tint it next month or something after the mot. I dunno its it jusitfiable although Im covered on my insurance for tints lowering and the back box? My mate suggested other things for when I come to renew as my car isnt worth that much and if I have a accident it will be written off

I dont have any money at the moment I was gonna lower and put a new back box on this month and tint it next month or something after the mot. I dunno its it jusitfiable although Im covered on my insurance for tints lowering and the back box? My mate suggested other things for when I come to renew as my car isnt worth that much and if I have a accident it will be written off

and if you did (hope you dont) have a accident and it was written off wouldnt you buy it back and get another micra ? then you can swap all ya bits over off it. apart from ya tints if you got a 2door ( think ahead mate )

I dont know the alloys should be transferable to any car as they came of f a clio and Im getting a bit ####ed off with the calling it a old grannys car even though it would #### all over there cars mainly ie fiesta etc

having a 5 door is ok but I reckon a 3 door would have been better, but buy what they had at the time. Not broken down yet and only had a minor bump that wasnt my fault. I do not want a fiesta, clio saxo or a corsa thought about a Golf, Polo primera, almera or a Seat Ibiza maybe?

I dont know the alloys should be transferable to any car as they came of f a clio and Im getting a bit ####ed off with the calling it a old grannys car even though it would #### all over there cars mainly ie fiesta etc

having a 5 door is ok but I reckon a 3 door would have been better, but buy what they had at the time. Not broken down yet and only had a minor bump that wasnt my fault. I do not want a fiesta, clio saxo or a corsa thought about a Golf, Polo primera, almera or a Seat Ibiza maybe?

and i reckon all the above will be higher insurance and its a car at the end of the day ( Q ) would you have another ?

If you're sick of them taking the mick because its 'a granny car' then prove them wrong by showing them what the car is capable of and what you're capable of making it, anybody can buy a load of bits from a car shop and bolt them to a corsa/clio/saxo/punto, but as there are few, in comparison, parts available for the micra, so any additions or improvements made are a greater achievement imo, a 1.3 with a manifold and system and a decent air feed will happily see off a 1.4 corsa or the like.

This is my 2nd micra anyway. I guess it would have to be another pre facelift hopefully another 1.3 I dont fancy another 1l really. Dependant on the price really. Milage plate etc.

Maybe If mine was a 3 door Id like it more 5 door is I dunno. Granted I dont like the colour much and the looks but I know it could kick the #### out of puntos fiestas corsas etc I gaurentee it as I dont race them they will never believe me

Ive suggested it to my mate who owns a fiesta he wont dare incase he loses to a 'granny car' Micra's arent much of a pulling magnet for women ive found. But yet again it shouldnt matter what car you drive its all about the person. I came to realise women are shallow well some of em!

If you're sick of them taking the mick because its 'a granny car' then prove them wrong by showing them what the car is capable of and what you're capable of making it, anybody can buy a load of bits from a car shop and bolt them to a corsa/clio/saxo/punto, but as there are few, in comparison, parts available for the micra, so any additions or improvements made are a greater achievement imo, a 1.3 with a manifold and system and a decent air feed will happily see off a 1.4 corsa or the like.

i agree with Sonic !!!!! only because.....this is excatly what i did!!! :p and look at my k11!! and others!!!

i had a couple of mates saying....why did you buy a micra.....so i told them my reasons!!!!! next thing i know ive got quite a few unique parts and the cars looking like it is now.......!!!!!!

maybe your after more power!!! i dont know!!! ive enjoyed making and modifing my k11 to what it is today!! i dont know how handy you are at modifing items but maybe give it ago? you have already done alot of stuff to your k11!!! so....get that spoiler fitted and then splitters!!! :laugh:

Im crap at modifying stuff I tend to be very clumsy and break things rather easily. I dont really want that much power as I doubt Il ever race it anywhere. my mate says hes re painting the spoiler I messed that up again and No idea how to fit it. What spliters do I need and where can I get em are they easy to fit?

Alfonze: everything will be fine!! if your not prepared to screw the spoiler down! then glue or filler / fibreglass! im in the same situation as you bud with a mates k11. im fitting a spoiler to his, so.....more than likely, screw it down! simple and easy :)

splitters.....scrapyard. have alook around! anything will go with abit of modding.....although.....you said your no good!!!

can your mates help you out?

I only see him like 2 times a week at work so it would take forever. What splitters should I go for I guess I can have a bash. And how do i bolt it to the car the spoiler and spliters?

screws mate (Y) easy!!! splitters have a lip...screw up into the bumpers :)
any car that has a splitter! clio, corsa!

yeah black bud! sorted! depends what "look" your going for though; boyracer, sport, rally, smooth! that will give you an idea of what to get :p

I guess its a standard roor spoiler I bought off mambo, dunno if i got any piccies tho Il look. No i dont want boy racer sport or smooth I guess

spoiler

Right now its red I hope mambo doesnt mind me using his pictures he sent me as I dont have any

Attachments

• 100_0502.jpg
    100_0502.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 275
sonic: guessing a standard super s, or facelift top?

alfonze: well i was just throwing in suggestions to help with the style your after for your k11 so your mates dont call it "granny" and it stands out :p

haha lol!! well smoothing takes alot of time....see "sonics awesome blog" for this! sport...can be done!!!!

that spoiler...looks like a chopped super s?? or is it my eyes?

honestly I have no idea what it is I just bought it off mambo. I dont like time I am very impatient hence I break things lol

haha lol!! well smoothing takes alot of time....see "sonics awesome blog" for this! sport...can be done!!!!

that spoiler...looks like a chopped super s?? or is it my eyes?

To behonest when they call my car a 'Granny' car I just call theres a chav car. Why else would every boy racer go for them? Im happy with my image in the car most of the time

the other day, my micra that may be a 1.3, but has only a backbox and induction kit fitted, p***** all over a proper "boy'd up" suzuki vitara. and it was great,i wish i could have seen the look on the guys face. obviously i did such on a safe private track.:glance:

the micra is like a granny with an AK47 rather than a walking stick. terribly deceiving. :)

the micra is like a granny with an AK47 rather than a walking stick. terribly deceiving. :)

ha ha i love this quote! Al your mates at work know jack compared to everyone on the forum thats what it here for, people who know their stuff to share advice with those who dont. do what YOU want to your car dont listen to others if they bring you down, sod other people insulting the car, do what you want afterall its YOUR car.

Right Im gonna buy some springs from micrasports. Just a quick question having
195 50 15s will or will not cause scrubbing when going over bumps etc and on full lock will this cause the car to fail its MOT?

thanks

Might get slight scrubbing on full lock, and only if your going over bumps too fast/with heavy people in the back.

Same tyres on mine, -35 springs, passed MOT fine.

as said iam led to belive the spoiler is a fiat bravo aftermarket one. it could even be a micra aftermarlet one! ive seen it some where but carnt put my finger on it...and ive seen it on a micra before so it will fit! some how :s

ive got a picture of it on a micra but iam in a rush.

yeah Il do that how will i know if its rubbing on the car? Changing 4 wheels will take me about 2 hours but it will be worth it.

you'll be able to see where they rub by the polished metal where they contact, mine used to rub on the back of the front inner wing.

Il have a look tomorrow morning. To behonest theres only me whos in mr car sometimes someone sits in the front with me but thats rare.

why does everyone think its all about performance lol. I don't have an air filter just because the induction roar is nice on my K10. It does make you faster in your mind, and it makes you faster because you keep going higher and higher in the revs so it gets louder lol!

i dont wanna go fast in my mind, i wanna go fast in my MICRA!!!

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

the air filter increases air flow which in turn increases acceleration I think. doesn't make any faster just quicker acceleration

Back