• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hiace's 1995 K11 Micra 1,0 - Red Devil

Hi all,
I am a new here since I bought this red beauty few days ago. My former cars have been BMW's (330d, E46 M3, E91 335i) but this Micra I bought just for commuting this autumn and maybe the upcoming harsh Finnish winter. I am maybe saving some money for another summer car, but this Micra will do my commuting for some time :)

So it is a 1995 K11 Micra with 1,0 Twincam engine. Bought it for 500 euros few blocks away. About 180 000 km's on the clock. Has been owned by an old lady (of course) and latest owner was a young construction man and the car was super dirty. After 3 hours of cleaning the car looks like this:

micra34.jpg

micra32.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay:
micra29.jpg

Well the car is not perfect :)
micra39.jpg

micra37.jpg

micra44.jpg

Inside:
micra47.jpg

micra48.jpg

I'm not planning on doing anything expensive to the car since it is supposed to be a cheap commuter. But I am a car guy so maybe I do few things :)

I am new to Nissans and also Micras so advice is welcome!

Few things to fix someday:
-The idle is rough! When the car is on neutral gear and clutch is depressed there is a huge booming noise that almost shakes the whole car. As almost there was a subwoofer booming 20hz sounds. But there is no subwoofer anywhere, I checked. Can I adjust the idle somewhere or do something else?

-Replacing the front bumper. But the metal bar is bent also so I don't know if a new bumber will fit? Have to look closer someday...

-Should clean the door glue residue (or what its called) and maybe remove the back plastic "thing" also to make sides cleaner. Some solvent should do it maybe.

-Oil change, filters, maybe brake fluids and coolant fluid change to cope with -38 celsius coldest days :)
-Buy new set of alloys for winter tires.
-Remove the rear window dark shade what the hell are they called...the dark films in rear windows!
-Driver side window goes up really bad, should open the window panels and maybe clean/lubricate the mechanism
-Polish the car thoroughly :)
-Clean the seats again with a good steam cleaner

Otherwise the Micra runs really good and its quite funny to drive after the BMW's :)