• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Red GX 'Betty'

image.jpg

Got a bit carried away with the angel grinder :/

Dunno if it is that, but the arch is too far from the tyre at the sides of the arch and too close at the top, needs to be a consistant gap all the way around if you know what I mean?

People say it gives abit more power

The one off the almera was to big and the one from the micra is to small to go over the almera intake. Need some hose or something or do what you done and cut them up

The almera hose fitted in mine :)
1372893391227.jpg

People say it gives abit more power

The one off the almera was to big and the one from the micra is to small to go over the almera intake. Need some hose or something or do what you done and cut them up

I run a 70mm pipe from my almera box to the front of the car, all it seemed to do was give me a tasty flat spot in second, midrange.

Bought an Almera air snorkel, adapted to fit and problem has been solved since.

I run a 70mm pipe from my almera box to the front of the car, all it seemed to do was give me a tasty flat spot in second, midrange.

Bought an Almera air snorkel, adapted to fit and problem has been solved since.

I dont notice a flat spot without a snorkel :/

I dont notice a flat spot without a snorkel :/

Proven on the dyno but you're only enhancing what is already there from the factory. I posted up a plot a while back showing that. The standard intake manifolds are a distinct limitation but convincing the masses of this is a futile endeavour I'm not willing to undertake.

Proven on the dyno but you're only enhancing what is already there from the factory. I posted up a plot a while back showing a mid range dip in power from the factory. The standard intake manifolds are a distinct limitation but convincing the masses of this is a futile endeavour I'm not willing to undertake.
I can believe that...

Proven on the dyno but you're only enhancing what is already there from the factory. I posted up a plot a while back showing that. The standard intake manifolds are a distinct limitation but convincing the masses of this is a futile endeavour I'm not willing to undertake.

I dont understand them big words but i think i get what your saying lol. The manifold is the restrictve part of the intake side not the air box

I dont understand them big words but i think i get what your saying lol. The manifold is the restrictve part of the intake side not the air box
Is partly why I went for a ram effect intake rather than bothering with the GA airbox in the end.

its "dave speak" scott, and i think he means that the CG has a powerdip in the midrange anyway (supposedly the inlet mani at fault) and removing the stock airbox etc makes it worse.
but the length of mera cai pipe that is left on yours will suffice (removing it or fitting a 70mm one was the issue on mine)

That looks like a stock box and intake pipe to me, except for the number of clips on the front (mine has 2 fewer iirc). Sure thats a pic with it fitted?

Maybe it isn't a pic of it fitted :/ I do apologize but it's in there now for deffinate :) and we didnt have to cut the pipe :/

X

its "dave speak" scott, and i think he means that the CG has a powerdip in the midrange anyway (supposedly the inlet mani at fault) and removing the stock airbox etc makes it worse.
but the length of mera cai pipe that is left on yours will suffice (removing it or fitting a 70mm one was the issue on mine)
Ahh okay so I shall keep it like that. Seems to pull better after 5k revs for sure!

Back