• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Red GX 'Betty'

go to the bottom of the page

Just because the wire isn't showing it doesn't mean the tyres will last long
Wow thats bad! There still inflated tho :p

that looks more like tracking than camber scott, and you,re not down to the wear markers yet eh :)
Does it? Need to get it done asap! Ive not had it done since i fitted the setup a couple months ago :oops:. Its defiantly running negative camber to which isnt helping matters :rolleyes:

Too much toe out it looks fimilar to mine. Lol had mine set to 0degrees 20" N. Now I'm going to set them to parallel when I put bandeds back on.

Too much toe out it looks fimilar to mine. Lol had mine set to 0degrees 20" N. Now I'm going to set them to parallel when I put bandeds back on.
Cat wait to see the bandeds back on :). I might go put some toe in onto it now until i can go get it done. Im going to ask Greg if i can borrow the dunlop gauges from college... bet they say no :(

No updates :( just polished it and it was looking shiny so i took some photos...
DSCF3646_zps9a2867c1.jpg

DSCF3650_zps8afe5101.jpg

DSCF3656_zps49bfdfff.jpg

DSCF3657_zps1791c90b.jpg

Engine bay needs a real good clean! Whats the best way to do it? Cover up the distributor, alternator and fuse boxes and pressure wash it on a low pressure setting?

All I do is spray the crap out of it with truck wash fluid... leave it for a bit, then use our big pressure washer with lots of heat and blast the bejeesus out of it...no covering of anything, just dont go mad around electrical components....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cool.

Black wheel trim treatment could look good in the short term - particularly with the black rubbing strips on the sides and bumpers.

Cool.

Black wheel trim treatment could look good in the short term - particularly with the black rubbing strips on the sides and bumpers.
Sounds like a plan :) or maybe painting the steels but they are different front to rear :/

These hub caps remind me of cav slabs hint hint
I dont have a job atm but ive got my eyes on some rota bm8's in the future . Should give some nice poke but there 15's, be like a koolstyle micra :cool:

I cant seem to find any pics of mine when it had the black trims on it. It received quite a few comments that it looked pretty good though. Yeah, you've got K10 steels on the front or something haven't you.

I cant seem to find any pics of mine when it had the black trims on it. It received quite a few comments that it looked pretty good though. Yeah, you've got K10 steels on the front or something haven't you.
I will do that for the time being then :). Yeah k10 steels on the front for some strange reason, pretty sure its been involved in a crash once :(

Getting insured next friday and my first solo drive for 11 months all the way to Andover 120 miles... cant wait :). Then i got tax in a month and mot in 2 months and im gonna need 2 new tyres and tracking done, didn't realise cars were so expensive :rolleyes:

Got my first ever pay slip today, wanted to buy lods of parts for betty but I owe my dad £680 :(. Just gonna get a cherry bomb so i can make some noise :p. Next payday will be alloys but im not telling what I want, the specs are 15x7 et15, Should have a nice bit of poke :)

Got my first ever pay slip today, wanted to buy lods of parts for betty but I owe my dad £680 :(. Just gonna get a cherry bomb so i can make some noise :p. Next payday will be alloys but im not telling what I want, the specs are 15x7 et15, Should have a nice bit of poke :)

Sounds decent! Hope you got some sort of arch rolling lined up, mine are 38's and were catching with 10mm spacers :p

Found out my car has a low fuel warning light :) how long does it last after that because it was underneath the red when it came on!

it lasts for a good bit mine would usually get be bout 50mins of constant driving.?
how does that cherry bomb fit to the car is it after the back box?

it lasts for a good bit mine would usually get be bout 50mins of constant driving.?
how does that cherry bomb fit to the car is it after the back box?

Ah right that's decent although i never let it get to low cos i don't want it sucking up all the rubbish that's probably in the bottom of the tank.
It is the back box, was a pain in the arse to fit tho. I chopped the backbox off and sleeved and clamped it on, sounds simple but there was a lot more to it than that! I wouldnt want to fit another one that's for sure!

yea im the same i only know this because i missed my exit on the motor way about a year ago and the next exit wasnt for miles... no petrol .. no movent.. haha i was looking at the cherry bombs for a while.. is it worth the hassle?

Found out my car has a low fuel warning light :) how long does it last after that because it was underneath the red when it came on!

When your light came on, did it stay on or go off after a while? When my fuel light comes on, it stays lit for upto a minute, then goes off for a while then comes back on etc..

yea im the same i only know this because i missed my exit on the motor way about a year ago and the next exit wasnt for miles... no petrol .. no movent.. haha i was looking at the cherry bombs for a while.. is it worth the hassle?
Its not as loud as i thought it was going to be but it does amake a good noise!

Nice wee sound of it, cherrybombs are brilliant had one on my old Saxo.

When your light came on, did it stay on or go off after a while? When my fuel light comes on, it stays lit for upto a minute, then goes off for a while then comes back on etc..
I first noticed it when i was going round a roundabout it flashed on then went off then it stayed on a couple minutes after that.

Back